The Flak over Fl4k and what it cost

We have now devolved into people saying “I should be allowed to be incorrect!” Fantastic.

2 Likes

There are those that sit idly by while their freedoms are encroached, and there are those with the fortitude to say, “No, far enough.”

6 Likes

Freedoms that harm no one typically are, yes.

3 Likes

Always on the side of more rights not less.

3 Likes

Do I look like I trust you not to take garbage opinions like that into the real world bruh?

2 Likes

My opinions aren’t bad. I already presented them and people are free to disagree with them.

Like I said, this whole discussion has went full cicle for god knows how long, so you’re left to wonder if you should even bother to keep engaging in a discussion with them… I honestly give up, because they just want to hear their side and force you to accept it or move it.

With that being said, I do agree it’s best to just leave this board and go to a place where freedon of speech is actually tolerated in a way where you’re not penalized for the way you think.

Yeah, right…

3 Likes

There it is charleychibi, there it is right there. The prevention of feeling instead of the exploration of why. There are people in here who wouldn’t even fathom you or someone else would be hurt by the misgendering of Fl4k. That is exactly why these forums exist and moderators taking the action of siliencing individuals goes against the very nature of what the forums is for. Discussion. Enlightment. Better understanding. To feel pain and yet shut down without coming forward with it with words leaves the problem to merely fester and breed further misunderstanding. You have to talk about it. You have to explain why said action from someone else makes you feel a certain way. That way not only your view can be laid on the table but the other person’s view. It has to be a two lane road…not one. Otherwise what is even the point. If the moderators silence then that simply leads to coddling and that’s how greater levels of maturity are dodged. Because of shielding from the powers that be.

8 Likes

My therapist says “you must let emotions roll over you like a ocean tide.” Being upset is a part of life, but we must do our part not to upset others. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

3 Likes

Devolution…you keep on getting aggressive, Charley.

I’m trying to give some leeway here. If you want to get technical, They and them has historically encompassed males and females, so technically, I am correct.

But we’re not here to attack each other over semantics. This is a serious issue, and one say it will affect you unfavorably.

5 Likes

I would have them not give a flying rakk what a pronouns a fictional character goes by

4 Likes

Ide let you call Fl4k any gender you want but I cant.

4 Likes

Buddy, this is an internet forum, not the state of Washington you can chill.

4 Likes

Yeah what would you like me to chill about?

1 Like

There is no discussion to be had. People are misgendering FL4K for various reasons, none of them correct or good. If they explain their position, it’s not going to be well-intentioned because there is no good intention in misgendering FL4K. Most people are on the page of “I just think FL4K is more man-like and sounds and looks like a man to me so that’s what I’m going to call FL4K.” There is no discussion to be had, other than “You sound like someone who misgenders people based on what they look and sound like.”

3 Likes

Its not a person.

9 Likes

Yeah that’s how normal people refer to other people, by how they look and sound.

6 Likes

Fortunately, there are other things that we use to identify people. Such as tweets that read “FL4K uses they/them pronouns.”

3 Likes

I love that you’re still on this kick of, “how people would refer to a fictional character is how they would treat real people”

What’s next, “If you’d kill people in games, you’d kill people in real life?”

5 Likes

I don’t identify with They/Them pronouns. It’s offensive to me.

6 Likes

You must ask yourself, “why do they want to misgender the robot?” And the answer to that question is a lot deeper than you think.

2 Likes