The game saves but when I restart the application the game cannot find the save file

Okay the game saves at C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData
but The game cannot find the savefile

Game "NEVER" saving
(Is this thing on?) #2

Check the permissions on the folder - there’s a known issue where Windows or 3rd party AV software sets the folder to read only to prevent virus or malware activity. If this is the case, you will need to exempt the folder from the relevant software (typically Windows Defender, BitDefender, etc.) You may need to do this for the folder hierachy from MyGames on down? Hopefully, one of the PC regulars can clarify that.

my pc is currently not allowing me to uncheck the properties to read only I am an admin and the only user

(Is this thing on?) #4

That sounds like the antivirus issue - the AV will block changes to the permissions unless you have configured an exemption for the specific folder hierarchy. Check the comments and links in this thread:

The steam community discussion linked in the second post contains instructions for checking your folder path, as well as information about BitDefender.

Depending on what software you are using and which version of Windows you have, you would be looking for information on how to create an exception within either Windows Defender or BitDefender. (If you have a different AV program running, you should check for similar instructions for that one.)

The solution was just to give permission to the launcher and app to edit files thanks