Stats compared to the Snider it was based off of
- Damage: unchanged
- Accuracy: unchanged
- Fire Rate: unchanged
- Reload Speed: unchanged
- DOT Damage/Second: unchanged
- Chance for DOT: unchanged
- 100% sniper type A crit bonus
Red Text Effect other than Stats
5 unlisted pellets the split off at a center point in a pentagon pattern that is strait above the impact point of the original pellet. These pellets keep traveling even if they hit on impact, so they can each hit twice.
One Shot Math
Original Pellet Gun Damage
Original Pellet Splash Damage
539154 x 50% = 269,577
Unlisted Pellets Gun Damage
539154 x 2 x (1 + 100%) x 5 = 10,783,080
Unlisted Pellet Splash Damage
(539154 x 50%) x 5 = 1,347,885
Before I move onto the Snider I’m going to break that total into parts.
Listed or Original Pellet
539154 + 269577 = 808,731 you can see this as the 808K in the image
10783080 + 1347885 = 12,130,965 you can see this as the 12130K in the image
Unlisted pellets second hit, only splash
(539154 x 50%) x 2 = 539,154 you can see this as the 539K in the image. I didn’t count this above since most times enemies are not strapped to a wall and those pellets would hit other enemies.
539154 x 2 x (1 + 100%) = 2,156,616
539154 x 50% = 269577
The Pimpernel is doing 433% more damage than the snider on a sweet spot and 2200% more than the damage listed on the card, and they didn’t make a single draw back to the gun.
This is what red text guns should be, massive damage potential if you can learn how to use it.
How to get the most out of it
- In general since it has unlisted pellets the Bee really takes it over the top and of course a Bone, but this is so powerful that often you are better off without a Bee and use a shield for survival like the Antag or Blockade since the Pimp doesn’t need more damage.
- The Pimp has extra synergy with the B0re like skills (B0re, chain reaction, Nth Degree) in that when those skills proc they create a new pellet so the unlisted pellet split again. This makes it great with Zer0, Maya, and Gaige.
- Sal can use off hand mechanics with a Rocket Launcher and a Pimp so the unlisted pellets all get the Damage of the Rocket Launcher instead of what is on the card. Other characters can kind of do this with weapon swapping but many consider this a glitch and not fair play. (lets not debate that here please)