The Happy Holidays / War On Christmas Thread

WARNING!!!

Experimental thread construction in progress

Attempt to determine whether one topic can simultanaeously be home to both joyous Holiday cheer and full on hate towards this time of year and all that it represents begins…

…NOW

So, with only a month and 5 days until Commercial-mas…er…uh…I mean Christmas, it seemed like an appropriate time to start this thread.

I, for one, love this time of year, all the holiday times, really; they remind me of happier, simpler, times in my life.

Sometimes I’ll even find myself wistfully thinking how pretty, rather than how evil, the snow looks…

And, of course, the gifts, celebrations, and mass consumption of food and alcohol don’t hurt either!

I don’t even mind the endless, cheesy, Christmas Muzak!

How do you all feel about this time of year!

Do you LOVE IT?!?

:innocent::heart_eyes_cat::+1::kiss::crown::rose::rainbow::snowman_with_snow::champagne::heart:

IMG_1555

IMG_1554

Or HATE IT?!?

:-1::fearful::rage::japanese_ogre::cold_sweat::imp::cloud_with_lightning::syringe::broken_heart:

IMG_1557IMG_1558

3 Likes

i’m obsessed with Christmas.

We’re going to start decorating on Black Friday. (The day after Thanksgiving.)

And this is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite Christmas specials:

1 Like

My feelings on Christmas:

74c60b62987d963187020b722960a718--christmas-movies-christmas-caroldc210404e064e3602155e9d8099d0c85

dsfgds

3 Likes

The “you will die in one” is because 2 of my pictures would use language that could get me in trouble

post that ■■■■.

After working retail for over ten years in a tourist mall, I can’t stand the holidays. I’m glad that I don’t have to deal with that level of stupidity, greed, and seeing the worst of spoiled, entitled people any longer.

4 Likes

My mom worked in retail for ten years as well and she knows what it’s like. TOTAL. CHAOS.

2 Likes

To be fair-i hate all holidays. Its all designed to sell you things. BUT: i do love seeing my kids faces light up christmas morning. So, spend the money on presents. BUT NO ■■■■■■■ CHRISTMAS MUSIC. EVER. I ■■■■■■■ cannot stand christmas music.

3 Likes

Chaos is fun…I like chaos

But I hate Christmas music and holidays in general

1 Like

Meh, whatever. That’s your opinion.
ZomboMeme 21112017005058

2 Likes

In the age of online shopping, I find it’s quite easy to stay out of the stores and avoid the chaos and focus on the nice parts of the holidays!

1 Like

I’m glad that Amazon exists.

I can get some killer deals on just about everything.

1 Like

I love Amazon too.

Well, who doesn’t?

:sob::rofl::innocent:

1 Like

I had a feeling that someone would post an amazon women. Yes, I love those too. :acmsmile:

1 Like

The music sucks but its cool to give people nice ■■■■ so im cool with Christmas (just don’t put up decorations in October…then we have a problem)

1 Like

There are many Christmas-related things that I’m looking forward to this year:

2 Likes

I probably will never play that game…

Club penguin is less likely but i was talking about overwatch
Honestly i have never really been able to get into many games with a heavy focus on multiplayer

3 Likes

Which one?

Overwatch or Club Penguin Island?

1 Like

Christmas is getting clooooooooser!

4 Likes