The Incursion Inversion Effect-Overgrowth

I’ve heard some people talk about about Two Fort. About how it makes it so the classes act a bit differently. I’ve also heard it compared to everybody’s favorite map for how it messes with some characters. Personally, I can’t play Deande well on Overgrowth. Last match, I only got 4 kills (ironically a quad kill at mid thralls). Can someone elaborate on this? And is it just me, or do some characters really work differently there? I do great with her on Echelon, and terrible with Orendi on Echelon. But I always top the boards with our chaos mage on Overgrowth! I don’t understand. Thoughts?

1 Like

Different maps do shake up the way one would use a character because of the the various layouts [imo it’s great cuz it adds variety] Deande works great on echelon and even monuments because the backways accentuate her assassin skills to take advantage of unsuspecting people. Overgrowth is more direct and head on with it’s approach to the sentry which shakes things up but she can still shine. The way i use her is that i stay with teammates to 1. help punish overextended people. 2 take out minions when i can (hey i need xp too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and 3. keep pressure on lane by throwing fans into enemy territory or into the perch to keep the enemy team at bay. not support entirely but like a combat support.Ive seen other deandes camp in side the enemy base taking out buildables but i personally dont like doing this cuz pendles kinda does it better and more so because it puts my team at a disadvantage as it leaves them 4v5 in lane

Orendi, I havent had any problems with her on echelon i try to sit back and if im not clearing wave i place my SPs near the chokepoints and escape routes to cut off enemies

3 Likes

i’ll pick any guy on any board. I don’t care. LOL

I can’t even say I play them differently either.

I do love incursion. I do love overgrowth, it would just be nice if it was a random game generation instead of picking a board.

2 Likes

@Masterblizak

What’s Two Fort?

new map I think.

1 Like

@Masterblizak
Very famous and odd Team Fortress 2 map. I’ve never personally played or seen it but it comes up a lot.

well there you have it. LOL

1 Like

Actually Deande losses effectiveness on all the Incursion maps when played right. It’s the same with all the high mobility assassin types. Once the enemy is camped back on their sentry your point for being in the game becomes 0. You simply don’t have the ability to move around the enemy and get solid flanks, due to the fact the sentry will blow your head off. Due to fact you are being camp there isn’t room for reverse flanks because your team can’t follow up, so you end up 1v5.

It’s strictly a map design issue.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. sigh

Usually once the first sentry is down you see some improvement towards game play because people will walk right into ya.

1 Like

Most assassin characters are decent to great at securing the middle resources like double thralls once the chokepoint has been established, or can pick off buildables on the outside edge of the sentry. It’s not glorious work but it greases the wheels for your team better than standing around chucking fans.

They’re also good for running back for bonecrusher and elite bot since they’re typically pretty fast moving and as you said, no one is going to miss them when the team is knocking on the sentry’s door.

2 Likes