The lack of sound effects from the classic Homeworld

This german video http://www.gamestar.de/videos/previews,18/homeworld-remastered,81561.html demonstrates not only the absence of some parts of the gameplay of the classic game, but also the lack of sound effects of classic game.

The player continues to hear the same voices Bentusi or Voice-over in the video, hears the same old music, but now can’t hear the sound effects from the classic game.
This causes strange and not best sensations.
I’m sorry that there are no more old sounds in the explosions of ships, sound ion frigates, negotiations pilots and etc.
It is a subtle detail, but such details do not allow to recognize old favorite game.

I do hope they keep the original sound effects etc because they matched the hw1 ships and a remaster should only either preserve or enhance what was there before. If its using hw2 sounds instead of 1 then i would be sad as gbx seem to think hw2 was better than 1.

Ah well well see soon enough its less than a week to go now. I for one hope that its unchanged well ok they can clean them up but dont change em.

Unfortunately I don’t believe it. I think GBX doesn’t appreciate the details of the original game, while each game is built on details.
However, I hope that eventually I will be wrong)

I see no fuel bar on the fighters. =S

Yes, and it also sad for me(

Unfortunately I don’t believe it. I think GBX
doesn’t appreciate the details of the original game, while each game is
built on details.
However, I hope that eventually I will be wrong)

That’s it. I’ve had enough of your nonsense.

For the last few weeks, you have been presuming what GBX devs, BBI (y’know, the original creators) and experienced modders cared about without knowing a single one of them. I understand the need for a critical eye, that depth is in the little details and trust me, I want them to stay faithful to the original as much as you do. But what you are doing is blowing stuff out of proportions without any actual solid info about :

• The state of the builds we have seen
  • The configuration of the games played
  • The various decisions regarding the game systems unique to HW1.
    All the while take a crap on the people involved in this project on a daily basis without a single factual reason to do so. This is insanity. You don’t get to repeatedly take pot-shots at other people if you don’t have any facts other than fear and zealotery.

So please, give it a rest already. Your doom and gloom isn’t doing anyone any favour, it’s harmful to the atmosphere of these forums and devs on crunch really don’t need any of your arrogant “pressure”. It’s not going to change anything so late and I fear it might even take away from their goodwill and ability to engage with us in good faith. Communication isn’t a one-way street, stop acting like a condescending child. Put that pitchfork aside already.

/rant. Not my ideal first post on these forums.

2 Likes

This isn’t going well.

Closed.

I think we shall just have to wait and see. There’s a good chance that the vid was of an earlier build, so we should avoid jumping to conclusions.

And please, don’t discuss other forum users here. Polite pms are the way to go. Troublesome posts should be flagged so they can be dealt with by moderators.

2 Likes