The Lob shotgun

Hey guys. So I just bought borderlands on steam and have been playing my buddy and I were playing and we killed the Traunt ? boss. The lob dropped for me and it was great. It had three round burst and 12 rounds in the chamber. But for some reason it reverted and it now has four rounds in the chamber and fires one round at a time. Any help?

1 Like

Hotfix hasn’t loaded.

2 Likes

How does that make any sense? The gun originally when it dropped a couple hours ago was a three round burst with 12 rounds in the chamber. Then reverted back.

1 Like

Update apparently I restarted the game completely and the gun’s back to normal? Wtf

1 Like

Because the change isn’t added to the code via patch at the moment.
Which means everytime you restart the game you need to let the hotfix load, if Shift is down, or your Internet connection drops it’ll not load.

1 Like

They’ve been working on shift the last couple days which has been affecting hotfixes. The lob was one of the weapons changed in a recent hotfix. So if the hotfix isn’t applying, the weapon will revert. You should see a “hotfixes applied” sign in the background of the title screen before starting the game. Also in the news section at the bottom left it will have the hotfix date there.

2 Likes

My Internet is working, I restarted game many times and I cannot get a hot fix to show or apply. What has happened?

The gun was originally pretty bad and then was buffed through a Hotfix. Not a patch, mind you, which means that the change is not (yet) properly hardcoded into the game.
All you need to do is whenever you start the game, wait a few seconds in the main menu. A sign will pop up informing you that all Hotfixes are now applied. Then you can proceed to start playing and everything will be up-to-date and buffed.

You’re looking for this sign to appear. Depending on your connection it could take a minute or so. There will be a chime that sounds when the sign appears.

Edit: The sign will disappear after a little bit if you are just sitting on this screen, but the hotfixes are still active.

After a bunch of restarts it finally appeared again and all is well in the world

1 Like