The Riddle Thread

This thread should not drop into oblivion. So, by my necromantic powers: Rise, Riddle thread!

Imagine, if you will, a crime scene. The victim is the owner who is slumped dead on a chair and has a bullet hole in his head. A gun lies on the floor and a cassette recorder is found on the table. On pressing the play button, you hear the message ‘I have committed sins in my life and now I offer my soul to the great Lord’ and followed a gunshot.

Murder or not?

5 Likes

Murder. I don’t know which of these are the right clues-

• Crime Scene
  • Victim
  • If he’d committed suicide, then you’d have to rewind the tape
4 Likes

Yep. Full marks for Detective BlackMage.
Dead men don’t rewind tapes.

3 Likes

I mean. There’s zombies.

There’s a whole subsection of my people who looove raisin em.

3 Likes

I shall look for a zombie riddle later…

Unless @Arsonist has one at hand?

3 Likes

Sadly no. I just wanted to kick in the door and look smart.

3 Likes

Hm, no good zombie riddle to be found on short notice. Sigh

Oh well, have at this:

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

2 Likes

yesterday today and tomorrow.

Edit @Curmudge0n rolling a ciggie right now will have a little think see if any jump to mind.

It was me that hijacked the original thread throwing a riddle in on the RTT and derailing it so I owe this thread one at least :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You got that right.

Your turn, if you don’t mind.

I think that was why Temet created this one, yes.

4 Likes

What word in the English language does the following. The first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire world signifies a great woman. What is the word?

An old easy one until my brain starts to work. :slight_smile:

Also a few @'s to let some people know this thread is alive again.
add some more people to the conversation aswell yourself Cur I am brain dead right now lol.

@Jefe @Hattie @Piemanlee @paulothead I will let Cur sound the horns for the rest of you guys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Heroine?

4 Likes

Let’s see if we can someone else to reply here.

Maybe @TemetNosce @Arsonist @Jesse_Furygod or @Tokesy97

4 Likes

Nice one mate :slight_smile:

Over to you if you got any in the bank man!

I have keys, but no locks and space, and no rooms. You can enter, but you can’t go outside. What am I?

Another old one in the meantime. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: There’s one LOCK you have…

A keyboard I shall call you, and Caps Lock you have.

Another one to shorten the time til @paulothead replies:

When is it bad luck to see a black cat?

giphy

3 Likes

Keyboard it is and yup the caps lock thing always annoyed me about that riddle too lol.

When your a mouse? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Correct!

4 Likes

I hate to disappoint, but I am not a repository of riddles. I’m not even really good at solving them most of the time. Here’s one from a book I read, and I suspect you’ll be reading shortly, @Curmudge0n.

Not chest or box is now discussed. Money can be held in it, but just as we test its metal, within it there is rust.

5 Likes

Not too sure on this one man but these 2 lines

Bring to mind the word trust? maybe?

Other than that can not really think I guess I should have read more books because whatever this is from, I have obviously not come across or at least remembered it lol.

3 Likes

The answer given in the book in question, either the Wastelands or Wizard in Glass by Stephen King, is in fact trust.

3 Likes

Holy crap, I love King, out of his body of works one of the few books I could never get into were the dark tower series. To be fair I was really young when I read the first one and my tastes have changed a lot over the years, I should give them another go now they are complete. I admit I fell asleep half way through the film so can not judge that fairly lol.

Here’s another ancient oldie for you all :slight_smile:

What are the next 3 letters in this sequence.
OTTFFSS

3 Likes