The Sobriety and Abstinence Thread

All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy… All work and no play makes Benny a dull boy…

But in all seriousness… this is the sobriety and abstinence thread. Why?
Begins evil laugh.
Wouldn’t you like to know.
WOULDN’T YOU like to KNOW!!!
Wouldn’t YOU LIKE to know…
Would not YOU like to KNOW!!!
Wouldn’t you like to KNOW!!!
WOULDn’t YOu LIKe to KNOW!!!
Wouldn’t YOU like TO know!!!
Wouldn’t you like to know…

2 Likes

I´m kinda amused our Akismet did´nt marked this as spam, I kept scrolling and scrolling :smile:

I´m abstinent from Velociraptors, cuttlefish, corned beef, peas and alcohol. All of those things either do not exist in my area or I would´nt like to consume them anyway.

Its actually easy to stay away from things if you live on the edge of nowhere.

I really need to go low-carb though, my noodle-addiction is getting to me ToT

2 Likes

… yeah, nope.

5 Likes

As discussed on the likes thread, starchy carbs eaten in a regular routine give me energy, but I am trying to cut down on sugar and takeaway.

1 Like

I just wonder why I always think of changing my eating pattern arround christmas, where there are tons of cookies, gingerbread, choco-stuff and candy.
Not to mention awefully calorie-loaded amounts of other magnificent holiday food ToT

Currently I try to subsitute alot stuff with frozen vegetables, its easiest to store & cook. Still far from perfect…
At least I never fry my food. A frying machine would kill me in a week.

2 Likes

OMG I know!!! Still, I think it’s better to start one’s new year’s resolutions before new year. Then it’s easier to feel they’re part of normal life and not a dramatic change that gets broken on day 4 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sober more often than I’d like because alcohol isn’t my favorite and the laws where I live prohibit other options

I’m abstinent because I don’t feel like pursuing a relationship and people over 30 shouldn’t use tinder

1 Like

Nobody of any age should use tinder :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

3 Likes

Looks like Benedict has been eating the bird seed with the white fuzzy stuff on it again…

That bird really needs to go cold turkey!

3 Likes

I dislike all tenets of this thread, boooooooooo :kissing_smiling_eyes:

I like the cut of your jib

No arguing that lol

2 Likes

Sober because alcohol tastes like ass
Abstinent because I’m single
Posting in this thread because I’m up too early

I suppose I could buy the cheap apples next time I go shopping, like those pre-filled bags of bruised Red Delicious things. :grimacing: Is this in principle, or just for the holiday?

2 Likes

Edit for topical relevance

You’d have to be high to consider Red Delicious
Mealy bastard fruit :confounded:

1 Like

Now I want apple pie.

Breaking Character…

Revealing dark, dark secrets about myself…
I am both sober and abstinent.

Sober

1. I don’t like the taste of alcohol.
  2. I don’t like the way it makes me feel.
  3. I like to stay in control.
  4. I’ve seen it f**k up too many people’s lives.

Abstinent

1. I can’t separate the consequences of the act from the pleasure of the act. Not that I’m opposed to having kids, I’m just not financially secure enough right now for that consequence to occur unexpectedly.

Now here’s the really frightening part…
I’m also not religious… so this has nothing to do with a belief in a higher power.

AND THE REALLY REALLY FRIGHTENING PART…
Every single post I’ve made on this forum has been influenced in no way by drugs or alcohol…

Here’s an unrelated image.

Also… back on topic…
Golden Delicious FTW!!!

I got into apples once when I was at our local grocery store, it occurred to me that there were over twenty different apple varieties for sale, and I had only eaten like three of them. I bought two of every kind (including ones I was already familiar with, and ones I knew weren’t the best for eating raw) and threw them into a huge blind taste test when I got home… turned me into kind of an apple snob. I eat a lot of apples now.

I mentioned to Ad in our discussion of apple varieties a while back, I wish so much Granny Smiths were called something else. It’s the least appetising name for anything ever. :expressionless:

Impressed by how many teetotallers there are on this forum. I drink less these days than I did at undergrad, I think. But getting tipsy and playing video games is very pleasurable and helps me survive my thesis :upside_down:

It’s funny when I think of ‘abstinence’, I don’t think of sexual abstinence. That’s more a US concept as far as I can see. Everybody gets sensible sex ed and there’s no general social pressure to ‘wait’ here, even in a lot of religious circles it’s not the be all and end all of life.

1 Like

Spotted dick says otherwise

3 Likes