The Sportsball Thread

(Lucy Daniels) #1

@joekgbx recommended a sports thread, so here it is!

I mostly follow The Ohio State University football (cheering and dancing and much rejoicing)…

Columbus Blue Jackets hockey (quiet sobbing into my pillow at night) and…

Cleveland Indians baseball (dejected sighing with a hint of optimism because its winter and they haven’t had a chance to ruin their season yet).

What about you guys? Any sports lovers around here?

Generic sport thread
Are you a robot or not? Prove it![Pictures of You!]
(Watcher on the wall) #2

I like when my favorite baseball team gets all the field goals. It must be hard trying to hit the puck hard enough to get one.

I sports so hard if you cant tell.

Ill show myself out…

(Where's lucky?) #3

I’m watching the Badgers Basketball team spank Nebraska right now, Frank the Tank is just too much.

(with sidekicks: Shoulda, Coulda, and Woulda) #4

Yay sportsball!

I follow baseball and NFL for the most part, so St. Louis Cardinals and KC Chiefs are teams I root for. I don’t really have a college that I watch exclusively but I’ll pay attention throughout basketball and football for each.

(The Bonerfart) #5

Only sports I watch is AFL

(Australian rules football)

For those who haven’t heard of it, look it up and have a crack at figuring the rules out :stuck_out_tongue:

(The Villain) #6

Repetition, it’s great. I only really follow American football and hockey for the most part. I like basketball but it’s boring as ■■■■ to watch, same with baseball unless you are there at the game. Same could be said for hockey but whatever.

All my favorite teams are from Chicago, Chicago Blackhawks for NHL, Chicago Bulls for the NBA and Chicago White Sox for MLB. I’m a Baltimore Ravens fan though mainly because the Bears suck and I don’t think they know how much they suck. How much the Bears had let down Chicago over the years and its mainly Jay Cutler’s fault. I’m still pissed off about the New England loss… it’s not cool especially since the Colts beat the Broncos. If we would’ve finished the Patriots off, Super Bowl again against either the Seahawks or the Packers. An awesome game, not completely one sided like last year. -face table-

(in his Violent Holiday Spirits) #7

The only two sportsballs I follow are American Football and World Cup Soccer.

In the former, my teams are the New England Patriots in NFL, and my sweet, luscious Virginia Tech Hokies in NCAA, even if they’ve been less than luscious in recent years.

I love how they managed to beat the team that eventually became the national champions… and then lost almost every other game.

In world cup I root for Murica and Ireland. Because those are things to drink to.

(in his Violent Holiday Spirits) #8

[quote=“daerksiea, post:6, topic:50944”] I’m still pissed off about the New England loss… it’s not cool especially since the Colts beat the Broncos. If we would’ve finished the Patriots off, Super Bowl again against either the Seahawks or the Packers. An awesome game, not completely one sided like last year. -face table-
[/quote]

This reminds me. I was going to tell you about it today, but I found out why Harvaugh got his flag for going on the field and yelling at the refs.

Billy was only putting 4 men down on the line and then having one of his recievers check out for the 5th who was lined up in the flats “like” a receiver but was ineligible. It was the the first time the formation had been used in the NFL and Harvaugh lost his ■■■■ because it looks like it should be an illegal formation, but it isn’t.

Bill used that ■■■■■■■ formation for a whole drive just to try to to get the ravens to cover a man who couldn’t legally catch a pass…

(The Villain) #9

-vein explodes in my head-

(Where's lucky?) #10

https://vine.co/v/OwFIOb5Q7rg

(you can change the song, hun 🌻) #11

(Where's lucky?) #12

That team B guy is a total ■■■■, I would most likely beat him up

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #13

Saints and LSU :smiley: LSU has a hell of a defense this year, but NO. FRICKIN. QUARTERBACK!!! sigh. its too bad LSU is the fasttrack to the NFL, were practically all freshman this year.
I hate baseball. Though I can bear women’s volleyball. muted.

(you can change the song, hun 🌻) #14

Man you should have seen Powah’s play last game of 6v6, his shots where crushing… oh yea normal sports not e-sport…

I hate sports… you might wonder why Im here then…
http://img-9gag-lol.9cache.com/photo/azLM5bB_460sa_v1.gif

(in his Violent Holiday Spirits) #15

I see what you did there. I wish I could take the moral high ground on this one but I have said for many a year that whoever came up with the new standard for those shorts shouldn’t have to pay taxes anymore.

(in his Violent Holiday Spirits) #16
  1. Rick and Morty are the best
  2. Please dont make me go off on my whole “JOCKS V NERDS SHOULDN’T BE A THING ITS THE SAME GODDAMN THING” rant. I’m having a good day today.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #17

(Influencer Guy) #18

Haters gonna hate, brah. Haters. Gonna hate.

I love some sports and totally agree that sports and cool nerdy stuff can mix. Nashville is exciting because it’s really started coming into its own as a sports city in the past few years.

Anyway, I’m mostly into Hockey and Football, so my teams are the Predators (NHL) and the Titans (please keep that between us). My wife works in the box office at the the arena that the Preds play in, so we get to catch the odd game here and there. If you’ve never seen an NHL game in person, I’d highly recommend it.

(in his Violent Holiday Spirits) #19

When my brother was in nashville (late 90s-early 2000s if memory serves) he was a pretty big predators fan, although he is a child of the late 80’s and early 90’s, so of course, he’s always been more of a redwings guy.

And the fact that people don’t recognize football as the only IRL Turn Based Character Stat Driven RPG annoys me…

(Influencer Guy) #20

Just threw up in mouth a little. :wink: