Today I started tinkering on some balance testing tools for sorting out some fulcrum design questions and I remebered Mikali’s Play Balancing Mod and looked into it. It doesn’t look like it quite would get me the data I want, but it did remind me about the -superturbo flag.
This is my prototype testing level, recorded and played back at real time, with the -superturbo flag going. It appears I get about 64x speed on desktop. I’ve also compared the testing data output from non-turbo and turboed runs and it appears to be consistent. If you can automate your tests, you can get a lot of good data in a hurry this way! Hooray iteration!