The Thrall Calculation

Incursion is the dominant game mode. While not necessarily the best, it has dominated since what must be beta. Now that PS4 queues have been consolidated, I’ve heard complaints about Incursion being picked far too often for their liking. An integral part of the mode, Thralls, have one interesting antic associated with them. You can walk up to a mostly dead Thrall, kill it for the exp, and jump on the pad and get the exp for that too. I’ve had people do this to me, and I’ve recieved no visible exp. Is this fair? Should Thralls calculate off of most damage dealt to them? I honestly have no idea. Please add opinions

1 Like

I really hate it when randoms do that (part of why I never play with them anymore).

My GF was almost reduced to tears one day when, desperate for some exp in a bad incursion match, she did all the work to a thrall only to have a random swoop in for the kill and the pad exp.

Not cool man.

1 Like

So, do I understand correctly that if I come in late for the Thrall-killing I actually steal EXP from the one who did most damage?! :fearful:

Oh dear, I thought it would be shared in a way that all on the pad receive a minimal standart EXP and the top-DD gets a bonus o.o

Always felt this way, I never looked on the numbers…

2 Likes

I hate it when this happens as well. Best way to prevent it is to stand on the pad while you’re killing the Thrall, as it’s the first person on the pad regardless of whether it’s dead or not. Unless it knocks you off, even if a random steals the kill, you’ll still get the 100 exp off the pad.

1 Like

Yup, I just wish you, ya know, didn’t have to guard against enemy allies.

Oh no :confounded: it’s a flat 100 exp for whoever kills it, and then another for whoever either kills it and is on the pad, or gets there first. Perhaps simply split between whoever is on the pad? Whoever death he most damage and is on the pad?

2 Likes

Just another obstacle to navigate when you’re doing your daily solo queue community service!

Seriously though, unintended griefing is a huge problem that there’s no easy way around. Even getting on mic is unrealistic (most people don’t listen, and not every player speaks the same language - Australian, New Zealander, Japanese, Korean and Chinese players all frequent the same prime time, for example.)

I think a change to the mechanic would be welcome. Ultimately, it seems another sign of how this game apparently was designed with the idea that everyone would group and communicate (and is accordingly most enjoyable when you do.)

1 Like

Fack… I usually dont care if anyone exept the enemy steals my thrall/pad. We need that thrall in lane is what i think.

I have killed steal thralls… Always thought it was faster to work together ._. aww man.

1 Like

Normally I don’t care either. If I am a character that is really good at taking thralls however I get a little annoyed if somebody leaves lane to “help” me and then nabs the thrall pad

1 Like

Pfth, this is nothing compared to “minion killed the sentry”

1 Like

That’s debatably true. This all stems from how the killer is given double the credit of the damage dealer, unless those are the same

1 Like

One of my gaming highs back in the days was this simple sentence; “Assist counts as kill”

We were blessed. For a brief moment.

Of course if it was like that in Battleborn they’d have to (Finally) tweak the way they apply score…

1 Like

I had no idea that only one person got XP credit for the death of the Thrall and only one got credit for the Thrall Pad! How could this possibly have been considered good game design?!

What, are we back in the days of Everquest, with KSing and Ninja-looting?!

1 Like

That’s one thing about Battleborn - I’ve never heard someone complain about a kill steal. Doesn’t matter who did it so long as they’re dead.

Only time I’ve been slightly miffed about it is when someone stole my double kill with Core Discharge for Toby. feelsbadman

2 Likes

Idk… I heard my buddy complain when I was playing Miko and he was… Pendles? And I was helping him to get WoS because he had like 20 kills and there was still quite some time left. Like the last 10 seconds of a match, he had 24 kills. I wanted to slow someone with my spore bomb so my buddy could finish him off, yet my spore bomb did enough damage to kill that person. He was quite angry about that kill steal…

To get back to the topic…
I think everyone who participated in killing the thrall should get exp, and everyone who is standing on the pad should get exp. Nothing else to say about it really.
It’s a team game. We do stuff together, we get rewarded together.

2 Likes

We get exp together or die alone

1 Like