The thread of awesome things

Forgive the lame title – couldn’t think of anything. That aside, what this thread is for are the things that are, for lack of a better descriptor, awesome. Because while there are threads for things that make you happy or make you laugh, there are some things that don’t quite fit neatly into any one of those threads.

A librarian who knows I have an interest in art told me about this guy:

That’s some damn crazy stuff.

2 Likes

2 Likes

In the US are many places were opalescent Ammonite fossils can be found. The fossilization process converted their former shell into a thin layer of strong opalising mineral, shining in all colors imaginable.

Largest specimens reach diameters of nearly 2ft.

I want to turn into something like this too oneday^^

5 Likes

This thread is wonderful!

Well, this may be a very small thing, but I love puffball mushrooms. They’re so pleasing.

3 Likes

If I had the means I would pick up a Vive (and the hardware to run it lol) just for the drawing app.
Amazing vid, loved hearing him describe the creative process, and fantastic thread idea.

I don’t watch UFC by choice, but I happened across this…:

2 Likes

Not a fan myself either, prefer my violence simulated, but that was really well shot. Good find.

I think this is awesome

[quote=“FunkJunkie, post:7, topic:1542866”]
Not a fan myself either, prefer my violence simulated, but that was really well shot. Good find.
[/quote]As one who has a playlist dedicated to skills and feats of the human body…:

…I was watching that handiwork. GodDAMN!

1 Like

Love the man at arms stuff. I think I’d seen both before, but they are indeed awesome.

My contribution shall be…

A US railgun testing.

The poorly translated latin motto of the project is “Velocitas Eradicado”, aka Speed Kills.

The current weapons to the best of my reckoning shoot projectiles at a speed of 2.6 kilometers per second, or around Mach 7.

And now I tag @JoeKGBX just to point out that toby’s weapon is NOT A RAILGUN and if it was its PROJECTILES WOULD BE MUCH FASTER >.X

Please carry this criticism to the higher ups if you would.

2 Likes

LOL, I have your 20…: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten-code
https://youtu.be/3Z_spI5lRdA

1 Like

Yeah, the reality looks less sexy but the result is ah.

Somewhat accurate.

Sometimes, the world just wants to explode. I’ve always said for michal bay to be happy, he really needs to do more sci fi stuff.

How’s this for awesome?

2 Likes

Looks like me trying to drive in BL2…

This blew my mind, seriously worth the time so get a cup of coffee and get ready to feel like you just took the red pill.
The heavy brain melting kicks in at 17:20 if you’re in a hurry.

1 Like

Love stuff like that, when the news gets me down ill find find something along those lines to remind me there are a lot more people doing amazing things than awful. Just wish the ratio of coverage was inverted.

1 Like

Toby’s railgun is modified to pack the same punch, but at a slower speed. Because slower speeds are cuter.

(Thank God I’m not the lore writer around here, eh?)

3 Likes

this is what i have created. i did have a little help cause this can not be done solo. lmao

this is AWESOME! it was not double penetrating thank goodness…

3 Likes

Goliath Birdeater

4 Likes

And I shall pitch this right back. Have at thee!:

3 Likes

I always liked this vid. Maybe too much. I think its awesome.

1 Like

My roommate technically pulled a Carlos Hathcock in “Sniper Elite III” twice. For those that don’t know what I’m referencing…:

Anyways, my roomie managed the first through an enemy’s scope, but it wasn’t recorded; he then followed it a bit later with one that would’ve scoped if the enemy’s weapon had one. We’re pretty sure that one recorded.

Also, pulling a rocket PB&J in FOB on “MGS5: Phantom Pain” last night. Intruder tried to take cover behind a wall that would stop my rockets, but there was a higher wall immediately behind him, hence the sandwich.

1 Like