This is a part of my The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly of Borderlands Red Text Guns thread but it started growing so much I decided to make it have its own thread and link to that thread.
While the Bekah is finally accepted as a Top Tier gun, I still see a lot of either mis understanding or a lack of understanding of the gun. I’m going to attempt to cover it all here so people can see how great it is and hopefully start using it more.
Stats and Red Text Abilities
- Damage: +26.3%
- Accuracy: unchanged
- Fire Rate: unchanged
- Reload Speed: unchanged
- Magazine Size: unchanged
- +50% Type A critical hit bonus, and keeps the 15% Type B crit bonus all Jakobs AR’s have
- 3 unlisted pellets that spawn off of the first pellet and start slow but quickly accelerate to full speed.
- All 4 pellets have penetration or pseudo b0re, they keep moving after impact.
When you look at all of that put together you start to get the idea
- Damage on par with snipers
- Accuracy on par with snipers
- Fire rate as fast as they come
- Reload and Mag are not great but not terrible either.
It’s kind of a super gun on the stats 3/5 are all top tier and the 2 lower stats are not bad just average.
- Grip: Jakobs
- Stock: Dahl
- Site: Vladof (IMO sites can be subjective)
- Prefix: Boss
The only part here that seems to be up for debate is the prefix and most of that comes from the fear of the recoil. Don’t fear the recoil because its only bad if you get a Jakobs stock and all guns are bad with Jakobs stocks. You do want to ADS most of the time with it but that goes for a lot of guns.
- Bottom right is the Bekah
- Bottom left is the Sandhawk
- Top is an Anarchist
The Bekah by far has the best spread and I also show this in the video above so you can see I was shooting at a good speed. If the recoil was so terrible the spread would also be terrible, but it has a better spread than 2 popular guns where people don’t complain about recoil or spreads with.
The Damage Math
I do have minds eye on this, I took these screen shots with the rest of the Jakobs AR’s and had it on to show type b crit bonuses. The 25% is minds eye.
Bekah Single Pellet
609326 x 2 x (1 + 50% + 25%) x (1 + 15%) = 2,452,537
Bekah Unlisted Pellets
2452537 x 3 = 7,357,611
482383 x 2 x (1 + 25%) x (1 + 15%) = 1,386,851
The Bekah does 607% more damage than the gun it was based on. So many of the red text guns do between 5-10% more percent, very few special ones go up to the 100% range and even less 500% or more.
The “Negatives” of the Bekah
I have " " up there because many of these are blow out of proportion
The recoil is to much
I have the video above that covers this and the image above as well. The recoil is really not bad, you don’t need to farm a Horse Bekah, just one without a Jakobs stock.
It’s only good on crits
This is flat out untrue, when you have 600,000+ damage per pellet, 4 pellets per trigger pull, and a 15ish fire rate. Body shots with this will match most guns in the game.
I don’t like to pull the trigger for each shot
Fair enough, but don’t think you have to spam it really fast, using it as a precision tool and aiming and slowly shooting it can do better than just spamming it anyways.
It’s Non Elemental only
This is totally fair, while for everything other than raids it matters very little, but yeah its not going to really be a raid boss gun.
How to get the most out of it
- Shoot a wall close up, back up, shoot again, and keep doing this to learn the split
- It has unlisted pellets so its of course great with the Bee, as well as high critical hit damage.
- There is a time for spam and a time for aiming, depending on the situation its either better to fire away or just make sure you hit that spot.
- Chain Reaction is the big one because of its synergy with both Penetration and Bullet Splits. You can read more about that here
- Foresight increases mag size and decreases reload speed, which is the bekah’s weak spot
- Converge groups up enemies for great effect with Penetration
- Restoration is great with Penetration guns since you can heal a teammate and hurt an enemy on the same shot.
- Reaper is best with guns with One Shot potential
- Lifetap also loves Penetration since you can kill an enemy and if the bullets hit a second enemy they can heal you on the same shot that activated Life Tap
- Nth Degree works great with Penetration similar to B0re and Chain Reaction, you can read about it in the same link as above with Maya
- Close Enough also works well with Penetration if the bullet goes through the enemy and hits the ground it can bounce towards another enemy and possibly split again depending on distance.
- It has high accuracy so up to 150 - 200 stacks you can still crit pretty well
- The massive base damage along with Anarchy is a nice match, even more with the unlisted pellets.
- Zer0 loves high burst damage with Deception and the Bekah has that in spaids
- Zer0 has a lot of critical hit buffs that work even better with a gun that has Type B critical hit damage
- Two-Fang can really speed up the fire rate of Jakobs guns
- B0re like Chain Reaction and Nth Degree work great with penetration guns, but also the unlisted pellets make it even better.
- Zer0 has a lot of strong reload speed skills that help the weakness of its reload speed.
Video coming soon
- Sal makes everything good with offhand and the Bekah is no exception, adding 800% type A crit with the lady fist or the massive type B grog bonus both work great on the Bekah
- Steady She Goes removes any recoil concern you could have
- Lay Waste and Quick Draw both play nice with the Type B crit bonus
- The large hitting power gets NKLO to its max pretty easy
- You can’t money shot chain but you can get to it quick and Money shot is huge with it.
- Axton is known as the AR character even with only 1 AR buff in his tree but that one buff is great for the Bekah as well as the Rifleman com although his Tiny Tina Ranger coms give it a run for the money.
- The Bekah is non elemental so you can use Duty calls and yeah the fire rate is wasted but all of Axtons damage skills add up quick.
- Axton has some of the best reload speed skills in the game and reload is one of the weaknesses, also add in overload he can really get rid of 2 of the bekahs weak points.
I don’t really know if the bekah is for him to be honest. I’ll look into and play with this some more.