I never intended to write a build guide because I’m too lazy so I would rather make a video. But @dleithaus tricked me so I accidentally kinda wrote one.
The original version of the build is described in the video below. But like I said, @dleithaus tricked me, and what comes after the video is the latest version; the Super Saiyan God version! Eventually I will make a video showcasing the latest iteration but I’m kinda busy at the moment so the written word will have to suffice for now. There are some details missing in the write-up that I intend to cover in the video. Specifically, why I spent my skill points how I did. If you’ve watched some of my previous videos then you’ll probably know most if not all of the reasons but there are a few breaks with my norms that’s worth exploring.
Super Saiyan God Unforgiving Duc Hunting Zane
Before I get into the build I need to explain the play loop because the play loop affects some of the build choices. The play loop is a combination of precision 1 shot head shots and fan the trigger firing.
Let’s begin assuming we have no Overkill built up:
- Fan the trigger firing to put 8-12 stickies on target (the numbers are 8-12 instead of 4-6 because we assume Playing Dirty is active). Brain Freeze should proc.
- Fan the trigger again then swap to the Unforgiven.
- Now we have some Overkill
- A single head shot to a trash mob enemy then swap to the Unforgiven. I may do this a couple times to stack Overkill. But! If the trash mob enemy got pissed on then I don’t because the combination of the piss + the on throw anointment means that the crit swap kill gives enough Overkill damage that I can 1 shot a triple bar badass. From there it’s all 1 shot crit swap shots on everything until I miss (i.e., goto #7).
- Anointed interrupt the normal play loop so they get their own number. When I have Overkill damage and there is an anointed I’m über patient and try to wait for Drone Delivery then I erupt on them and try to land that Overkill primed head shot. If I miss then I switch to the pearl and try to land fan the trigger head shots while crit swapping between clips and periodic bursts of eruption.
- When not facing anointed and Overkill has been lost goto #1.
I use two artifacts. The main one is the Icebreaker Victory Rush. I use the pearl when I’m facing anointed because they can’t be frozen so the Icebreaker’s dmg buff is moot. Additionally, it’s because of the pearl why my drone augments have changed from the previous iteration of the build to Bad Dose and Static Field. I was already using Static Field in the old version but it has an additional benefit in this version. Both augments apply DoT effects and DoTs help us gain and maintain stacks for the pearl.
For the Easy modifiers don’t be fooled by Big Kick Energy. +25% gun damage is nice but the recoil on The Duc can be challenging enough to control when rapid firing so you’ll definitely notice the 100% increase to handling from Big Kick Energy.
Galaxy Brain is the easiest modifier to use for this build because the build is SO crit focused and with Galaxy Brain you can’t miss the crit shots! But if you are a good shot then Slayer is the best option. Slayer is particularly AMAZEBALLS because of how it interacts with Overkill. Because of crit swapping, a central component of this build, Overkill gives this build amazing one shot potential and Slayer provides a shortcut to INSANE amounts of Overkill damage.
The medium modifier to avoid is the infusion one where enemies are immune to cryo.
The hard modifiers are mostly irrelevant.
As far as I’m concerned Holy Crit is the best very hard modifier. The only time it’s not the right choice for me is maps/content that have bosses whose crit spots aren’t always accessible (e.g., Wotan, Valkyries, Killer Volt, etc).