The Weightlifting and fitness thread

Yeah. We were in need of this (not really) xD

I start: my goal is to get ripped with 145 pounds and measuring 5’2"
Doing some readaptation to exercise because I was away from it quite a long time xD

I wish i could have enough space in my room so I can get some bars and dumbbells

2 Likes

Had to.

9 Likes

Do you weigh 145 right now, or do you want to gain/drop weight to get there first?

Um hi I’m …

Probably in the wrong place but

And you know, get an 8 pack. And maybe put some muscle in this string bean arms.

1 Like

I’ve actually put back on about 25 lbs since I got down in around 180 or so… Currently at 205 at 6ft tall. Gonna try to get back around 185 to 190 cause I felt great at that point. Of course I didn’t eat bread or sugar for almost two whole years. And pizza is my my only weakness as far as food goes it eventually brought me back to the darkside. Lol

Drop to 145, I’m like 166 now D:

Cut out refined sugars and laugh your way back down to 145, trust me (I’m a random person on the internet, what’s not to trust? lol). I’ve just recovered from surgery after I tore the cartilage in my knee, so I’ve packed on a bit of weight myself. It sucks, man :sweat:

1 Like

OR?

(I know, this is false, but it’s still funny. I would have disappeared by now if it were true.)

5 Likes

:scream::grinning::frowning::anguished::tired_face::sob:

I got so excited for a second there lol

1 Like

I’m currently around 270 myself, but I would feel better at 255ish. I slipped a disc in my lower back a few years ago and I’ve lost the ability to do some of my favorite movements like Deadlifts and Bent Over Barbell Rows. I can still do plenty of other things, I just need to get on the ball.

Best of luck to you xmngr.

2 Likes

[quote=“thebigguy79, post:5, topic:1523558, full:true”]
I’ve actually put back on about 25 lbs since I got down in around 180 or so… Currently at 205 at 6ft tall. Gonna try to get back around 185 to 190 cause I felt great at that point. Of course I didn’t eat bread or sugar for almost two whole years. And pizza is my my only weakness as far as food goes it eventually brought me back to the darkside. Lol
[/quote]Fun fact, low carb diets will cause your organs to shut down.
Cutting out sugar will cause your blood to not thin correctly and give you clogged arteries.
Moderation is key.
This is not discussed a lot by medical doctors, only geneticists. Medical Doctors think they know everything… Nutritionist are also problematic and generally are morons.

I know this was a joke but I have to be a scientist here so…
Only ~3% of the population can get six pack abs and have huge biceps.
Those are called Mesomorphs.
The other body types are Ectomorph(skinny. high metabolism, stringy types, doesnt gain weight easily) and Endomorphs(Stocky, pudgy, fat,gains weight easily).
Endomorphs are the most common.

@Blutfatal
I think I am a mesomorph? I don’t wanna be a whore and post a ~gym~ photo or anything but I am sure there is some online quiz that could set me straight.

Gonna take this after I successfully don’t burn dinner. Y’all should take it, too. Or point me towards a better one if this is just some gimmicky crap.

K I’m in between ecto and meso. Groovy.

The only why to test what type you are is by genetic testing.

Taking an online genetics test is like taking an online pregnancy test.

1 Like

according the test (which shouldn’t be taken too seriously), I’m 75% meso and 25% endo

didn’t knew you workout blut

Bahaha, figures. Oh well, it was fun. :slight_smile:

Trying to label or categorize yourself is a waste of time. It’s calories in versus out. If you want it, you’ll get it. Genetics (excluding serious medical problems) make a negligible difference until you’ve already pushed yourself to a biological threshold. Nobody on this forum is anywhere near that. No excuses.

2 Likes

[quote=“xmngr, post:14, topic:1523558”]
didn’t knew you workout blut
[/quote]I don’t it’s pointless for me since I have an autoimmune disorder that destroys my muscles.
The more I workout the weaker I become.

Don’t argue with genetics it’s like arguing with me but worse since there is instead of 5 hours of explanations there are 80000 hours of it.

1 Like

That’s my point. We all get dealt a different hand; what matters is whether Billy Joe is willing to put in the necessary work. Most people aren’t willing to and they’d rather try to find some pseudo-scientific, woe-is-me excuse to rationalize why they think they can’t do somethin’.

1 Like

I fully agree.

1 Like

My boy ain’t taking no ■■■■ from anyone damn.

1 Like