The what made you feel old today thread

A girl on my facebook watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the first time today and cried because dobby died and she didn’t know. In july, the final harry potter book will be a DECADE OLD!!!
geez i feel old.

3 Likes

Hybrid Theory came out 17 years ago.

4 Likes

i assume your talking about the original '99 EP and not the 2000 release after they became linkin park.

Well, I was really just ball parking since there’s only a month left in 2016.

That being said.

Ollllld.

my aching knees don’t help at all.

2 Likes

I have two lights in my bathroom. One is dim and sits behind you when facing the mirror (the one I always use), the other is a bright strip above the mirror. I turned on the bright strip by accident and got a good look at my beard of laziness. OMG all the grey hair just glows in that light. That made me feel old today.

1 Like

ah the beard of laziness. A powerful relic indeed. 50/50 odds of either attracting or repelling females.

4 Likes

Deftones’ Adrealine turned 21 last month.

2 Likes

Realizing that my little sis is actually 24 and all grown up… We see regulary and grew up together until she moved out with 16, no idea why this is like an epiphany to me…an old making epiphany.
I still keep asking her if gaming in english is okay, since she was bad at english as kid lol

Its weird when little siblings grow into adults.

2 Likes

One of my older sister (the one I talk too.) just turned 32. Knowing that we are all around 30 just you know makes me think.

1 Like

my youngest brother is getting married. just had his second kid and is a dad to her little girl…

2 Likes

My youngest brother is 17 years older than me. So this is helping me feel less old, if no one else.

2 Likes

@Darksiea @Poisonedbite - this is such a strange feeling.
I just remember how I told her not to chew on my dolls…now realising she has an own flat for 8 years now while I still live at my parents house ToT

2 Likes

as much money as I make, i actually dont have my own place. I’m usually only home like a week at a time every few months.

One of my nieces (although adopted. She’s been in my life/circle for years.) is getting married to her partner soon-ish. I know that feeling all too well.

I was talking with a friend earlier about the game “Gone Home” earlier. In the game, there is a developer commentary and one of the developers was talking about how there was this big moment for them when they discovered an old cassette tape and began talking about how people used to discover and share music using cassette tapes and how amazing that was. I then mentioned that I was old enough to remember 8-track.

1 Like

This kind of makes me feel old.

Reminds me of when I was bitching about St. Anger back in the day.

This… makes up for that.

Also, this song is going into every dps playlist I can get my hands on.

1 Like

The Nineties were twenty years ago.

1 Like

I’d say ■■■■ the 90s and nostalgia, but 2016 blows donkeys.

2 Likes

I have a couple of friends I’ve known longer than I’d been alive when we met

That’s weird

1 Like