tested Mayhem 2.0 performance up to Mayhem 10 (see last post):
Following stuff is a bit outdated … just read the thread and the recent posts. Maybe I take some time later to create an updated guide for this build/concept.
What is needed:
- Legendary Bloodletter Class Mod without bonus to “Thin Red Line”
- Artifact with health regen per second
- low-level Stop-Gap shield
How does it work?
The shield Stop-Gap makes you immune to any damage for 5 seconds after your shield breaks. This effect can only be triggered again after your shield is fully recharged (there is no cooldown). The Bloodletter Class Mod applies healing effects also to your shield, this includes static health regen bonuses.
The idea here is that you have a low capacity Stop-Gap shield that can be fully recharged within these 5 seconds of immunity. So you can chain your immunity phases without doing anything.
- Level 50 artifacts can provide regeneration of 149 health per second, so it only works with shield capacities below 745. But to be safe this should be even lower. Static health regen can also be on class mods, so doubling your potential capacity, but finding a compatible Bloodletter class mod is already a big struggle.
- To assure this you need a Bloodletter Class Mod without bonus to “Thin Red Line”, as the health to shield conversion will push you over the capacity limit.
- Also the base shield capacity must be so low that “Phalanx Doctrine” (bonus on the class mod) can not push you over the capacity limit.
- Although you regenerate also health from the artefact, you still receive every 5 seconds one hit. If the hits are hard enough that they go to deep into your health, they can slowly whittle you down.
At the moment this is only a theory. I tested that Stop-Gap works again after your shield is fully recharged (tested by hiding around a corner). I don’t have the items for a full field test yet.