There are too many anointments & they are too specific

Same… Just didn’t bother replying anymore…

They sound like they haven’t even bothered learning how to farm legendaries…

Even more so when they state how they love how BL3 throws legendaries at you every time you sneeze at something…

BL2 wasn’t perfect but it’s still better then BL3

2 Likes

This goes to @garfield1238 as well.
Every class at least twice at OP8/10 in BL2. Killed every raid boss routinely. Been there, done that.

Farming in BL2 was just as ass as the game itself was when compared to every other entry in the series.

Farming in BL3, esp for COMs and artifact is brutal and far from perfect. But at least the game gives me anything for the time I put in.
If you have several chars at endgame and try out different, esp off-meta builds, there is always something you get from farming. It may just not be for the build I am currently farming for.

Whereas BL2 was just a dry slog.

But to each their own cuz it’s all just opinions and perspectives.

1 Like

Pretty cool but alot of those purples had perfect annointments.

I actually wish there were weekly challenges like:

• Run through slaughter shaft
  • Take only purple weapons/shields/class mods/grenades from the shaft run
  • Go beat MTD or GTD with those purples
  • As a reward, you can re-roll an annointment on a piece of gear, or maybe change the element of a gun, or whatever.

or

• Run through GTD with white only gear
  • As a reward, you get xyz piece of gear that is damn near impossible to get
5 Likes

See, I’ve heard it can be better on top of other bonuses, but never managed to make it work. No matter what I try, damage bonuses do way more than crit bonuses.
But, aside from the fact that this sounds like the way gearbox does their formula is wonky, surely the fact that the crit bonuses are only worth using in exactly the right builds would still mean they’re trash most of the time, whereas if they were at least as powerful as the normal damage ones, they’d be useful all the time and amazing on specific builds. Seems right to me, unless I’m missing something?

My first thoughts too; then after thinking about it; the odds of finding that specific protuberance are about as high as finding a >90% Sham in bl2.

This. 100%.

I would even suggest to remove anointments from legendaries (weapons) and only have the non legendary guns roll with anointments (though I still feel they should remove weapon scaling and scale mayhem with that in mind)

Non legendary shields should get a buff in uhm shield health? :joy:

Grenades… I dunno hahaha I rarely used nades for damage :joy: more for the status effects or stripping shields.

But then again, who am I :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I do feel it would make everything feel viable and legendary guns less OP

I honestly find bl2 drop rate quite rewarding, you get what’s worth for the time you put in, there are some exceptions.

Tps is brutal, there is way to few legendaries, most are world drops and the dedicated have insanely low drop rate, it is way harder to get good gear in tps than bl2, however tps was not finished so you don’t need op gear as much (there is only one raid boss and it is quite easy).

Bl3 is over rewarding in everything, if a fight doesn’t drop at least 5 legendaries, you get pissed (and legendary gear is supposed to be legendary, not common to find)

5 Likes

I understand that this is all personal experience, opinion and perspectives.
But no other game in my gaming history (40 years old) had me more regret farming than BL2.
TPS was - to me - way better.
BL3 needs these drop rates as there is another layer of RNG to factor in for wpns: anointments. On Artifacts and COMs there is even more.
Still, totally fine. Each one makes their own experiences.

2 Likes

Should there be then an argument that certain guns are powerful ‘as is’ and don’t need this extra layer of anointments?

I mean, do you really need to give more power to Yellowcake, Harold, Plasma Coil, Light Show, O.P.Q. etc.? You can use these in any anointment, in my experience, at least outside of Takedowns and such.

1 Like

Are you talking about legendaries drops or just drop rates?

I feel your missing the point a bit :wink:

BL2 you could play OP8 with purple items (hell even blue and greens where viable for me) finding a legendary was pretty awesome…

BL3 I used purple and blue items back in the original mayhem (4) and it was fine… But even at that time I was allready swimming in legendaries… Every single one of them was OP and so easy to get that I was on the front line asking for difficulty increases… Then M2.0 was released allong with the atrocious weaponscaling… Or rather, Legendary scaling…

I never spend a second playing anything lower then M10 ever since launch… What’s worse is that it took me 2 days and I was back clearing maps with ease.

Or to keep it simple… Anything but legendary weapons could be removed from this game because that’s the only thing that drops… It seriously shortened the game’s longevity for most people.

Adding anointments was a bad idea trying to fix problems that came from bad difficulty scaling

1 Like

Oh, you’re right!
There are a lot of issues in BL3. It’s just that I still find it to be better in every regard than BL2. Even drop rates of legendaries.
To me BL2 was mostly a big waste of time ehen I think about it or thought about it back then.
Never had that feeling in BL3.

Totally true what you’re saying. I don’t think I promoted anointments or did I somehow? I do like what they do to builds but at the same time dislike the forced meta stuff behind them.
As in “splash has no real downsides” so you are gimpibg yourself for not using it (where applicable).
URAD e.g. has at least downsides, although they are easy enough to be avoided but still, they are there.

Haha BL2 was far from perfect that’s true :wink:

I also think BL3 is good… But comming from 2 it feels they missed the mark on a lot of the flaws and made some even worse :rofl:

I just wish they’d scrap the weapon scaling in mayhem. (maybe reduce the health scaling a bit. Iron out the rest of the balance too)

Anointments should give skill damage instead of weapon damage (there’s just to much damage increase on an allready broken weapon balance)

And the game should be fun and rewarding to play on any difficulty :wink: (that’s why I want weaponscaling gone)

Then there’s actually incentive to farm but it doesn’t hurt if you have to keep farming

2 Likes

Man, I love bl3’s mechanics, and honestly, the VH special abilities are as good as TPS, but the drop rate annoys me.
I know it is necessary since anointments unbalanced everything, but how can someone has the courage to call something “legendary” when it is literally way way way easier to find than a white or green (it has been months since I last saw a white or green gear).
I like the point of having to spend a lot of time to get the legendary gear, because you know, it is supposed to be a legend.

4 Likes

No, you did not - I was essentially saying that one could reduce RNG from anointments by removing them from certain guns that don’t need them (IMHO).

Someone else recently put forward an idea that anointments could only come on purple and below rarity tiers. I think it could work - reduces frustration of farming legendaries for those who do, while automatically making some lower rarity gear more desirable?

1 Like

Yeah there are a lot of good things in BL3 :blush:

Sliding is fun (in 2 I keep trying hahaha) vaulting is fun, slam is now useful, game plays smooth, gunplay is fun…

But it’s all made so boring :pensive:

2 Likes

Now I get it, thx for clarification.
Not sure about the anointments on purple or lower only. I think mayhem scaling should go and therefore health scaling should be reduced. And then a complete re-do of the gun and sjill balance should take place.
But I don’t think that Gbxs understanding of a game as a service includes such drastic steps … Would be one hell of work to do.

So I try to make it work for me. Which I can as I still like the game per se. I still think it could be better.

I agree with pretty much everything here and just wanted to add my two cents about the current state of the meta.
I had to stop playing for a bit because of how frustrating the game has been even though I do enjoy it (Don’t even get me started on Arms Race and how that needs to change).
There should be drastic overhauls to two core gameplay elements, Mayhem and Anointments. I’ve detailed my extensive changes below to appease my whiny side. Any thoughts are welcome.
If any of these changes could be implemented it would super incentivize me to come back.

MAYHEM MODE FIX
The Mayhem levels should be changed back to 4 Mayhem levels. Everything is too dependant on anointments and not enough on builds and weapons.
The huge increase in enemy health should be rebalanced to no longer completely hinge on specific anointments to actually defeat enemies.
What this will do to current Mayhem level gear 1-10 I don’t know, maybe just change all gear above Mayhem Level 3 to Mayhem Level 4.

• Mayhem 1 will have 1 positive gear modifier and 1 negative modifier. (Obviously if Pistol DMG +10% is active, you wouldn’t also get Pistol DMG -10%, it would be a different one)
    200% increased Health for all enemy entities - 200% increased Shield for all enemy entities - 200% increased Armor for all enemy entities.
    Rare Spawns are 25% on Mayhem 1. EXP +60% $ / E +60% Loot +500%

Positive Mayhem Modifiers: Pistol DMG +10% | SMG Dmg +10% | Shotgun Dmg +10% | Assault Rifle Dmg +10% | Sniper Rifle DMG +10% | Launcher DMG +10% | Grenade DMG +10%
Negative Mayhem Modifiers: Pistol DMG -10% | SMG Dmg -10% | Shotgun Dmg -10% | Assault Rifle Dmg -10% | Sniper Rifle DMG -10% | Launcher DMG -10% | Grenade DMG -10%

• Mayhem 2 will have 1 positive gear modifier and 2 negative modifiers. 600% increased Health for all enemy entities - 600% increased Shield for all enemy entities - 600% increased Armor for all enemy entities.
    Current M4 drop weapons only drop in this Level. Rare Spawns are 50% on Mayhem 2. EXP +100% $ / E +100% Loot +1,000%

Positive Mayhem Modifiers: Pistol DMG +5% | SMG Dmg +5% | Shotgun Dmg +5% | Assault Rifle Dmg +5% | Sniper Rifle DMG +5% | Launcher DMG +5% | Grenade DMG +5% | Lootsplosion | Galaxy Brain | Speed Demon
Negative Mayhem Modifiers 1: Pistol DMG -10% | SMG Dmg -10% | Shotgun Dmg -10% | Assault Rifle Dmg -10% | Sniper Rifle DMG -10% | Launcher DMG -10% | Grenade DMG -10%
Negative Mayhem Modifiers 2: Healy Avenger | Charred Mode | High Voltage | Acid Reign | Chilling Them Softly | Totally Radical

• Mayhem 3 will have 1 positive gear modifier and 3 negative modifiers. 1,200% increased Health for all enemy entities - 1,200% increased Shield for all enemy entities - 1,200% increased Armor for all enemy entities.
    Current M6 drop weapons only drop in this Level. Rare Spawns are 100% on Mayhem 3 and 4. 3rd Mayhem Modifier will include Terror Skulls/Cartel Beacons. The highest difficulty with modifiers. EXP +200% $ / E +200% Loot +2,500%

Positive Mayhem Modifiers: Pistol DMG +5% | SMG Dmg +5% | Shotgun Dmg +5% | Assault Rifle Dmg +5% | Sniper Rifle DMG +5% | Launcher DMG +5% | Grenade DMG +5%
Negative Mayhem Modifiers: Pistol DMG -15% | SMG Dmg -15% | Shotgun Dmg -15% | Assault Rifle Dmg -15% | Sniper Rifle DMG -15% | Launcher DMG -15% | Grenade DMG -15%
Negative Mayhem Modifiers 2: Healy Avenger | Charred Mode | High Voltage | Acid Reign | Chilling Them Softly | Totally Radical
Negative Mayhem Modifiers 3: Freeze Tag | Laser Fare | Chain Gang | Terror Skulls | Cartel Beacon

• Mayhem 4 will be like current Mayhem 11, the highest difficulty, just without modifiers. Same enemy health and but with reduced drop rates. EXP +100% $ / E +100% Loot +1,000%

ANOINTMENT FIX
The huge increase in enemy health should be rebalanced to no longer be dependent on specific anointments to actually defeat enemies.
Anoints should only give small boosts to really make them special and not completely overtake the game. To fix this, most Anointments are removed or consolidated.
Weapon Specific anointments were made to keep some of the better anointments around but also reduce their power a bit since enemy health will not be in the 10000% range anymore.
Characters only have 3 specific anointments associated with characters but a few of them can still be used with other characters to increase versatility in builds.
Characters also get an associated Shield anoint but again, some can be used with other characters as well.
Lastly, while some believe that ASA and ASE Damage for the universal anoints should be the only ones, according to Youtubers these take into account certain
calculations for damage. For this reason, other anoints are still necessary to increase damage for other damage formulas, like melee and elemental. That’s the reason for not just
having 7 universal anoints. Still 33 main Anoints down from about 71 seems like a big improvement.

UNIVERSAL ANOINTS - (These were made using this forum so alot of people agree on these. Some people think these should be the only anoints but there are reasons there should be a few more)

1. Action Skill is Active 30% gun damage during duration
  2. Action Skill End 30% gun dmg 12 secs
  3. Action Skill Start 15% crit
  4. Action Skill End 15% crit
  5. Action Skill End 10% life steal
  6. Action Skill Start grenade damage 10%
  7. Action Skill Start Action Skill Damage is increased by 30%

WEAPON SPECIFIC ANOINTS - (I think only having the above Universal Anoints would really undervalue alot of the currently fun builds so I kept these as well)
8. Gain 100% increased Weapon Damage against enemies above 90% Health [weapons] (Launchers Only)
9. Consecutive Hits increase Weapon Damage by 1% per hit, misses remove all bonuses [weapons] (Snipers Only)
10. While under 50% health, deal 50% bonus radiation damage [weapons] (I like this one but maybe it’s redundant with Gamma Burst FL4K Anoint)
11. On Action Skill End, The next 2 magazines will have 20% additional bonus >Element< damage [weapons] (All elements - Slightyly inferior to Character Specific Element Anoint)

SHIELDS/GRENADES
12. On Action Skill Start, activate any effects that trigger on shield break or fill [shields]
13. On Shield break, the next shot deals 100% shield capacity as bonus Amp Damage [shields]
14. On Action Skill End, Damage taken is reduced by 15% for a short time [shields]
15. Action Skill End, kills increase cooldown rate by 30% [weapons & shields]
16. On Action Skill End, gain 10% bonus >Element< Damage with Weapons for 10 seconds [grenades & shields]
17. On Grenade Thrown, Weapon, Grenade, and Action Skill Damage are increased by 20% for 6 seconds [grenades]

CHARACTER SPECIFIC - Reduced by alot (Characters only get 3 specific anoints)

• GUNNER - SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD ACTION SKILL BUTTON TO TRIGGER AUTO BEAR (without jumping in and out)
  1. After exiting Iron Bear, gain 30% bonus incendiary damage [weapons] (Better than ASE Elemental Anoint)
  2. On Action Skill End, Splash Damage is increased by 60% for a short time [weapons] (Can be used with other characters)
  3. While Iron Bear is active, Action Skill Damage damage is increased by 40% [weapons]
  4. Action Skill End, gain 50% increased shields and health for 25 seconds [shields] (Can be used with other characters)
  • SIREN
  1. After using any Siren Skill, deal 30% bonus shock damage [weapons] (Better than ASE Elemental Anoint)
  2. While Grasp is active, Weapon charge time is decreased by 20% / Weapon Damage is increased by 40% [weapons] (Better than ASA Universal anointment)
  3. On Action Skill End, Weapon Status Effect Damage & Chance are increased by 50% for a short time [weapons] (Can be used with other characters)
  4. On Action Skill End, Melee Damage is increased by 50% for a short time [shields] (Can be used with other characters)
  • BEASTMASTER
  1. Gamma Burst Active, gain 30% bonus radiation damage [weapons] (Slightly inferior to URad Anointment but use without Front Loader)
  2. Enemies damaged by Rakk Attack! take 40% increased damage for a short time [weapons] (Better than ASE Universal anointment)
  3. After using Attack Command, gain 30% lifesteal for a short time [weapons] (Better than ASE Universal anointment)
  4. While crouched gain 30% critical hit damage [shields] (Can be used with other characters)
  • OPERATOR
  1. While Sentinel is active, gain 30% bonus cryo damage [weapons] (Better than ASE Elemental Anoint)
  2. After swapping places with your Digi-Clone, Weapon Damage is increased by 40% for a short time [weapons] (Better than ASA Universal Anoint)
  3. While Barrier is active, Accuracy is increased by 50%, and Critical Hit damage is increased by 25% [weapons]
  4. While any Operator Skill Active, Movespeed is increased by 15% / Damage taken is reduced by 15% for a short time [shields]

Anyway, I had to get this written up just to see if others feel the same.

3 Likes