There NEEDS to be consequences for leavers

Incursion isn’t broken and matchmaking can’t be fixed unless there’s a larger player base. Besides, this problem has been occurring long before GBX started tinkering with matchmaking so your suggestion won’t do anything to fix the problem.

You said it so it must be true.
Of course, you never asked what I would consider to be fixed in matchmaking with a low population, but I guess in today’s world it’s either one standard solution or none
And you must be joking if incursion isn’t broken.

2 Likes

sigh
How is incursion broken? I will give a counter argument so please be detailed.

Don’t do it! It’s a trap! Incursion is broken, ruined, boring, Meltdown variation etc.

If you want to have a discussion/ argument about it, here’s an existing thread for it Incursion ruined

1 Like

Already gave my opinion on that thread. It’s at 160 of 191 if you want to read it.

Yes it is.

You never offered any.

No I’m not. I was stating my opinion, same as you.

I have a solution and a real punishment for leavers. If you leave a match and don’t come back before it ends, you can’t use items for 2 hours. Also, not getting credits/xp would be good with me, but I already don’t care about those and I know most people don’t care either.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why people quit in the last few seconds of a match. This has been happening constantly and consistently, and it doesn’t make any sense at all. The loss still goes on your record, there are only a few seconds remaining, and you don’t get anything at all for the match. Why do it? It is just plain stupid.

2 Likes

there is a difference between leaving because something came up and because you (specifically that person, not the whole team) are getting stomped. when you’re going 0-5 during a win and start a surrender vote, then leave when it gets declined, you’re not leaving because your wifi disconnected (and barring an extended disconnection even those people can rejoin) you’re just rage quitting

1 Like

While connection issue and IRL things are a serious problem 9/10 times it’s them raging. If they haven’t over for a while then yes they were AFK probably going to the bathroom or something. But when they die after running after someone hitting every ability and then their gone they left on purpose. I report people both to the game if possible and to the system/application owners like steam Microsoft or don’t using the report function for leaving. When some one leaves I see them playing COD or watching Netflix when I view their profile to report them. That’s not Internet issues that’s them being childish and sore losers. They need to be punished. Yes I’ve played games like smite where it crashes and I get penalized when it’s not my fault and yes it infuriates me but I’d rather have to deal with that than those people I described above.

also if you’re 0-10 but have 10 assists your at least helping the team win and You get that win and its benefits so don’t make your team lose by leaving solely bc youre not on a kill streak that would’ve otherwise been a win. Buck up and stop being so selfish and moronic

3 Likes

All I need to treat [content edited out] loser (that’s my call for leaver) is a blacklist. I lead my blacklist outside the game, in a text file, but would prefer to see blacklisted pl…pardon, [content edited out] outlined during matchmaking so I could tell’im to [content edited out]
/warn other teammates about quitter and go before matchmaking ends. And that in my opinion is all we need, systematic, cold blood, meticulous ostracism of perps.

Post edited out of “inappropriate” terms. Hope flaggers are staisfied now.
Word of explanation: in a message about post being flagged I wasn’t informed what was deemed inappropriate in this post, so I did usual potentialy offensive terms cut. If the message itself (that I deeply despise leavers and wish to ostracise them) is being seen as inapproprite then my hands are tied.

Maybe they didn’t notice the match was about to end or just to troll?

So many people leave immediately as the first sentry dies and/or loses its shield.

It’s definitely not on accident.

Troll or selfish is definitely a possibility. Haha

1 Like

I was referring to her statement of people leaving at the last few seconds of a match

1 Like

It happens way too often. I think that they think that by quitting at the last moment, the loss won’t be counted. That’s the only explanation that I can come up with. Whatever, it is stupid.

The way you projected your opinion about “leavers” was inappropriate. You can always express your sentiments in a respectful manner without the cursing and name calling.

By the way, when players surrender/leave most of the time has to do with the match been boring and not because the players are “sore losers”. I’ve surrendered 3-4 matches where my team was winning and surprisingly 2 of my teamates agree on the pug team (I usually have the highest amount of kills and the least amount of deaths too)The matches were too boring to continue even when we were dominating.

This is a non competitive game so there is no need to “commit” to a match if you are not having fun; specially on a pug team.

1 Like

1 person can screw your fun.

Yesterday we got pined and our first sentry died; after the first 10min we killed their ambra and started to push them back and kept our momentum and killed their last sentry, all in 6 min.

Many ppl just quit to soon!

2 Likes

and then you screw the other 2 out of that game as well. how is saying you essentially quit out of wins any better than someone who leaves? you’re achieving the same thing.

1 Like

Who is saying that? I was stating my surrenders towards winnable matches in counterparts to statements such as “people that leave/quit do it because they are performing badly” That is not the case most of the time. Again, the main reason is due to bad matchmaking = uneven encounters = boredom. We don’t know if the remaining 2 players wanted to stay and even if they did, the game goes by majority of vote. They can always find a better match riight away.

I chose weight of a words to match weight of a topic, and even there I tempered myself (U don’t know the half of it ;)) [quote=“RayLightning, post:23, topic:1549234”]
By the way, when players surrender/leave most of the time has to do with the match been boring and not because the players are “sore losers”.
[/quote]
And I didn’t mean sore losers, just losers. Loser isn’t just one who loses, it’s an attitude, state of mind I could say. One can’t reason with that kind of people, all one can do is to purge ranks of them.

Also, don’t put rightfully Surrendering and just Quiters to the same sack, it’s not what I/OP was takling about: the issue is ppl simply leaving a match, and how to punish them.
My idea is blacklisting and ostracism, that’s all.
And I really don’t care whether someone gets bored, “it’s not a competitive” or Mars attacks, quitter is a quitter: match was ruined, harm was done, welcome to may blacklist, we’ll never play again. Simple as that.

1 Like