There NEEDS to be consequences for leavers

Good, crisis averted. I don’t know if you’ve seen a certain mod’s pictures of a certain barbed-wire covered bat, but you don’t want to…

I haven’t so far and I don’t see the reason why. I don’t think my posts violate any forum rules unless that label is taken as offensive. I’ll let you if I ever do.

I’ll let you in on a little secret, it’s the forum animal pictures you want to worry about.

3 Likes

Don’t i know it…

If it’s about me.

1. I didn’t label Surrenderers. As a matter of fact I loudly abstained from my rant being about Surrender option.
  2. Nor was I trying to justify myself. Just pointed some similarities/discrepancies in someones value system…
  3. Yes pls, treat me as immature if you want. As long as I voice my disapproval for kindergarden tactics in gaming and some [right] ppl get offended by it, I’m OK with that.
    Regards
    End of transmission.

Lets all just focus on being kind and respectful to each other, lets all avoid offending others. If you think something could be offensive, please find a better way to phrase it.

1 Like

No more talking about others here, talk about the game. Calling others immature is an insult.

Also go read my previous post.

Does anyone else feel like allowing players (not forcing them, but allowing them) to join matches in progress would solve the leaving problem? Perhaps the person who left is free to search for another match if someone takes over thier previous spot? I see it helping players who want to get into fast matches as well. Perhaps Gearbox could test it out and, if it’s utilized enough, just do away with the surrender option and leaving penalty?

@Derch
Yeah… i really need to start checking for new posts BEFORE i re-post. That’s exactly what got me banned last time.

It’s not about checking posts, its about treating people with respect. Don’t insult people, no calling people immature, losers, suborn, any negative things.

Talk about the game and not each other. Calling people immature is not good if a mod just posted or not.

2 Likes

It would surely help but only if the new player joins with the same level of Helixes and amount of gears that their existing members have. I play gears of war 4 now and it has that mechanic of letting you join existing matches

But they’re so cute! Wait, so does that mean I just need to act up for Psychichazard to start posting animal pictures again? This is quite a toubling dilemma

2 Likes

So as we are getting back to the game.
I proposed blacklisting as a cure for leavers problem.
It’s not literary a vengeful move, it’s more of a preventive action…which should sound weird as I feel about ppl like this what I feel. But ppl here may be interested in knowing my arguments for it:

1. It’s practical - a quitter will always be a quitter, as I’ve said above. So he’ll eventually quit a match, and we don’t want that, are we? No quitter = loweting danger of player quitting a match. Simple isn’t it? No hard feelings, just a math.
  2. “Who do you think you are, an Admin?” One may ask.
    “Admin is merciful, I’m not” :wink:
    I don’t want them to repent, I don’t want them to correct nor I care about them to eventually learn (admins don’t do it, why would I?), as the flaw is on their character and that a/never change. I want them out of my game space: since they don’t GaS about my fun why would I GaS about theirs? Tit for tat, karma, good ol’ fashioned justice. Know any better justice, I invite you to present it. Now “the deep one”
  3. Last thing the shrinking community needs is to let loose on it’s morals. And since new tactics for broadening playerbase failed miserably, why not focus on improving remaining players experience more? Blacklisting is a perfect way to police community members, …by members. Also: no bans, no public shame lists (however I dream about it :wink: ), no literal punishement, we would not affect the game they own just the circle of players they play with - like separating ppl who don’t like eachother, totally nonconfrontational. That also sounds out of my character isn’t it? So read this
  4. Let’s be honest here, ppl are generally gregarious animals, and no one likes to feel rejected. And I’m doing just that, IN THEIR FACE: if that won’t hurt them, good, if it will, even better, I got my REVENGEEEEE!!!1! [CL4P-TP secret stash laugh sequence here]
1 Like

Yeah, exactly; thank you for bringing that up, because i should have. Also, it would have to be based off of the team’s average level or something, because too many people leave when they are doing poorly. I would even say that the joining player should be made a HIGHER level than the average, as an incentive to join partial matches. I think it’s worth a trial run anyways, because i see SO many posts where people leave right off the bat, so the joining player probably wouldn’t miss much.

The only problem I can think of is characters. Not everybody enjoys every character clearly, so you’d be able to rechoose. But that can kill team comps. What if the only reason I chose an assassin is because ik someone else is a support? Now that supports gone. And what if I choose the aoe slow on Spore to trap Caldy? Then he leaves and is replaced with attikus, and now I’m dead. This game is built off of how you adapt to the environment, and having things change is a huge problem. And I don’t wanna play Benny, thank you very much. Then, what if I lose connection and try to rejoin but someone else is there too quick? Is that fair to me?

1 Like

Very true. It’s like one of the devs posted on this forum. He said something along these lines “no matter what we do it will always please certain groups while dissatisfying others.” Their job gotta be very hard lol

I’m not sure blacklisting players is the best method, because sometimes s**t happens; take me as an example:

For some reason, i CONSTANTLY lose connection to Battleborn, Warframe, Xenoverse 1 and 2, and although i always rejoin the match i was in when i restart the application (i was SO happy when Gearbox implemented that change), i would be blacklisted for “leaving”. Plus, Battleborn NEEDS more players to survive for more than a couple of years (R.I.P, Evolve), and blacklisting players so that they can’t play the game they paid for is going to fracture the playerbase even further.

1 Like

No more talking about others. Stick to talking about the game. Warnings are being issued.

Now, who needs players who don’t actuallty play just leave? That’s my thought behind this idea. Is it better to have a spoiled match or having less good matches - this dilema I leave to your consideration.
Anyways: surely you wouldn’t be blacklisted right of the bat and ppl would actually appreciate you coming back after discon and de-blacklist U even faster. I know some ppl here would actually ban you for not having fun match due to your poor performance induced by connection issues but there are also ppl like me :slight_smile:

Isn’t blocking sort of like blacklisting players anyway?

You see, the problem is that, by the time i am able to get back to the match, it’s so far gone as to be unsavable, or was already ended due to my team surrendering from being a man down; i also occasionally lose my Internet connection from roughly 2:30am-4:00am U.S. Central time, because my Comcast router will reset (i hate that company…). So, i can easily see myself inadvertently being banned for “leaving” when this happens, and i play Battleborn a lot. I’ve even been harrased via message from players on my team who thought i left, and i can assume that they probably reported me having done as such.

In my opinion, WHENEVER there is a scenario where someone innocent is wrongly punished, the system responsible needs to go. Even 99% is unacceptable, which is why lie-detectors are not admissible in U.S. law; there is always that 1% chance that the person is telling the truth. So i honestly don’t think that a blacklisting system is a good idea, ESPECIALLY for someone in my shoes. Sorry that i’m exception that proves the rule, haha.

Also, as i said, Battleborn NEEDS a bigger playerbase to survive at this point.