They keep rubbing (out) Moxxi's Crit

I haven’t had too many bugs other than wiping my grenade mods early on and the occaisional xbone hard crash when trying to join friends in game, but this is super annoying.

I have tipped Moxxi many times to get this gun and every few sessions it just disappears, it wasn’t a major issue until I respecced my build (quasi sherriff/slam/melee) just perfect for ignoring M3 modifiers. I spent about 2 hours tipping Moxxi for the exact variant I wanted, played a couple of sessions… and now it’s gone again.

One time I found the one missing on the floor and was able to pick it up again.

Anyone else having this issue?

2 Likes

It’s gimmick is that if falls out of your hands when you reload. If you aren’t paying attention it’s very easy to lose it.

5 Likes

That might explain it then. I’m using a terror ammo regen build so I very rarely reload.

will have to pay closer attention, cheers.

2 Likes

Is the title a double entendre or not, just like Moxxi herself!!!:wink:

2 Likes

It’s a triple, just like paying closer attention to it…

2 Likes

A triple!!! Alright! :yum:

1 Like

The crit is a myth

3 Likes

My Amara had a binary crit she accidentally threw off a cliff while farming Atom :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

If you are playing Moze or Zane, you can stack their class ammo regen with terror regen, and The Crit becomes a decently strong anti-shield SMG.

I loved the Slippery Crit in Bl2 but got so tired of losing it, that I quit using it. As such I haven’t used it in Bl 3 yet even though I own one. Personally I think if they were to go the Warframe route with this gun (by giving it it’s own map/minimap icon when it slips from your hands; and preferably only the guy who dropped it could retrieve it) that would be enough for me to start trying it out in BL3. Perhaps it’s icon could be the Vault symbol or something.

1 Like

Instead of actually dropping the gun out of your inventory, it should drop a sort of gun-shaped Booster. And if you don’t pick it up the gun will eventually become useable again on its own on a lengthy cooldown.

2 Likes

Ya’ll keep trying to take away it’s downside but the thing is it’s really strong for that trade-off. Just like, pay attention or build around it to where you don’t need to reload.

2 Likes

I haven’t used this gun, but I was curious about something I thought of. Can you still drop it if you reload via the Omniloader gun?

Not sure but I think it can only be dropped if reloaded while in hand.

Pay attention as your gun falls through the ground or into world objects where you can’t pick it up. Pay attention as the gun slips out of your hand and the game crashes before you can pick it up.

It’s not getting rid of the downside. It’s getting rid of an objectively bad mechanic.

1 Like

Well after spending about two hours tipping Moxxi again to get the variant I wanted, Terminal with 300% on phaseslam annoint (also picked up a sweet binary phasegrasp annoint).

I think I have figured out that not reloading is simply the best option. Having terror regen and increasing mag size while shooting controlled bursts just melts everything.

Only managed to drop it once in 6 hours yesterday and now I know what to expect I think it could be a contender for a BIS for Amara.

When I used it and knew it was in my hands I grabbed it as it was falling. I don’t think falling through the ground is an issue anywhere but Sanctuary and loot drops from Agonizer as far as I’ve ever heard. Crashing, I can see frustration there. I did get tired of ‘paying attention’ so I made a build based around not reloading for it.

Grateful for not having any liquids in my mouth whilst reading this thread title. :joy::joy:

1 Like

I am dropping by because the title of this thread is borderline PG21 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amen to that!:rofl: