Things that annoy you in online play

@steamnixtest I can understand if you find it annoying, but you lost me on the relevancy to online co-op.

My simple rules for Coop that I personally try to follow.

1. NEVER join an arena in progress…you can’t get in and it raises the difficulty level…OK to make the mistake…ask to be contacted when done…then quickly leave.

2. If you have a Mic…use it!..OK to NOT have one…but FAR better for teamplay if you do.

3. After an important item drops…talk it over with your team on who needs it/wants it. DO NOT just go over and scarf it up.

4. Legit gear ONLY. The testing stuff manufactured via software stays in the TESTING arena.

5. BAR above 30% will probably not be legit in this game…if someone has that much BAR…ask them to play BAR-less or you will kick.

6. Common courtesy…manners…cooperation…staying on the teams path to goal…MUCH appreciated.

7. Warn and EXPLAIN before kicking. A lot of folks will change their play or decide to politely leave on their own.

8. OK to ask about extra gear that might be available but NEVER ask someone to dupe something or manufacture something. I myself have many mules full of extra stuff as I have been playing 3 years and if I have it and I don’t use it much, I’m ALWAYS happy to help someone.

All very fair points! I can be a bit less diplomatic sometimes on kicking people… If there’s a chance I’ll always send them a message, but sometimes people join at really inopportune times, when you’re all fighting tooth and nail to survive, and at that point I tend to be a bit merciless (especially if they’re at a wildly wrong level).

The main times this happens are when I’m in a friend’s game. I usually set my network options to ‘invite only’, because I have lots of steam buddies who I just play Borderlands with, but I guess some of my mates just have ‘real life’ friends on their list, so when they’re hosting they don’t really anticipate random l72s hopping in! Again, I do have a general rule that if I can ask nicely for them to go I do, but there are times when I just say ‘kick this guy if you don’t want him’. Then I feel guilty cause I wonder if I’m creating a Claptrap-like sense of rejection… :blleaking:

1 Like

[quote=“johnrr6, post:54, topic:1281924”]

1. NEVER join an arena in progress…you can’t get in and it raises the difficulty level…OK to make the mistake…ask to be contacted when done…then quickly leave.

2. If you have a Mic…use it!..OK to NOT have one…but FAR better for teamplay if you do.

3. After an important item drops…talk it over with your team on who needs it/wants it. DO NOT just go over and scarf it up.

4. Legit gear ONLY. The testing stuff manufactured via software stays in the TESTING arena.

5. BAR above 30% will probably not be legit in this game…if someone has that much BAR…ask them to play BAR-less or you will kick.

6. Common courtesy…manners…cooperation…staying on the teams path to goal…MUCH appreciated.

7. Warn and EXPLAIN before kicking. A lot of folks will change their play or decide to politely leave on their own.

8. OK to ask about extra gear that might be available but NEVER ask someone to dupe something or manufacture something. I myself have many mules full of extra stuff as I have been playing 3 years and if I have it and I don’t use it much, I’m ALWAYS happy to help someone.

[/quote]Agreed with on most of them. Specificially, tho…:

On the point of problematic prefixes… Do the wiki variation pages always have the full list of prefixes? Cause I have a very nice purple SMG in my bank but can’t remember whether someone gave it to me or I found it. And the prefix, while listed as a valid Maliwan SMG prefix, isn’t listed as an actual variant of this particular gun.

Basically confessing here I don’t really know how prefixes work (grammar never being my speciality)… I want to be sure gear is legit though, especially if it’s good!

@hattieinduni Gibbed and Modded items for Dummies (Don't be fooled by...)

My thread was redundant, so I had it closed, but here’s what I had in the first post:

NOTE(S):

• Weapons and shields may not have a prefix, but they must have an identifying title (=weapons) or model (=shields) at the end of their name.
  • Grenades always spawn with a name identifying the type and prefixed by the delivery system.
  • Legendary items always have a yellow-orange</font color> plating.
  • Torgue weapons are strictly explosive, Maliwan’s are strictly acid/fire/shock/slag, and Jakobs is mostly non-elemental (except for the Stinkpoit, Greed, Twister, and Cobra).
  • When viewed, legit weapons are clearly defined, never appearing as a pastel mash like this:
1 Like

Why the objection to a high BAR if you don’t mind my asking? If it’s obviously modded that’s one thing but I have a perfectly legit 25% BAR and several hundred unspent tokens. Is it just a matter of keeping a level playing field for everyone or is it because it would make normal seem too easy for one player and everyone else would be struggling?

I don’t think it makes it much easier, but you have more health. say you join a game going into a boss battle, since you have more health, you outlast all the others get the boss killed and can pick up the better loot before anyone can get back there and no one would be the wiser.

I think he’s mainly talking about the ones who as an example, can one shot the warrior on OP 8 with a white pistol.
Me, I’ve had the game since day one and have farmed my bar from that time, so that it’s around 530k Legit, which after having to reapply my BAR tokens on Xbox 1 (didn’t put points in everything this time) has one stat at 73% the others between 30% to 50%. The only thing the high bar has helped me with is giving me a better chance of getting out of FFYL before the mob hides after putting me into it.
But I don’t join random games unless invited, spend my time hosting open games or leveling people or even helping people overcome the Raids/Boss battles.

Depends you have people like me who farm the bar or the ones who strive to get 10 pretiges on all toons. Had the game since day one or was affected by the slagglitch before it got patched. I would have said above 70% as that is harder to reach from day one to now legit.

Ok, thanks for these links, very helpful.

Reading those I think my SMG is legit - I was just unsure as it’s got a higher shock damage than any other gun I’ve got, and ‘Guileless’ isn’t listed on the wiki variation page for this gun.

I have no objections to high BAR…

But I honestly cant’t see all but a VERY FEW folks with a BAR above 30% in all stats.

I have a BAR of approx 160K and my percentages all hover around 22%.

I know guys with double that (over 330K) with percentages around 28-29% because the game forces you to earn more and more points to get that measly .2% increase for each token…it’s a sliding scale.

And how you guys are able to force waaaaaaay more points into things like gun damage you will have to let me know. My PC platform FORCES me into a fairly even distribution of points by only offering for redemption the lowest percentages.

Maybe this is PC specific as I have heard of others being able to cram points into bar percentages they want and ignore other areas. My game has never let me do that except two areas where I have around 11%…Melee and Health

[quote=“hattieinduni, post:61, topic:1281924”]I was just unsure as it’s got a higher shock damage than any other gun I’ve got, and ‘Guileless’ isn’t listed on the wiki variation page for this gun.[/quote] That looks legit to me. I think the higher shock damage is because it’s got a (matching) Maliwan barrel. I believe that prefix is for the accuracy accessory (there should be a little fuel-tank looking thing on the other side of the weapon, a bit below the forward sight).

2 Likes

originally On Xbox 360 I had picked all BA perks, so my highest stat was about 38%lowest around 15%, now on Xbox 1, I have only picked 12 of the Badass perks to work on, so at least 1 of what I want comes up each time, along with 3 that have no points in them.

I had originally did that in TPS and couldn’t wait till the day I got Xbox 1 and could redo the point distribution even tighter, especially in BL2.

here is a link of the prefixes @xmngr made a chart prefix chart

1 Like

Here’s another one – being removed after a boss fight. I just helped a guy beat the Leviathan…and the guy switches to offline. I realize that’s within the host’s right(s), but as a matter of gratitude, that’s wth.

EDIT: He messaged me afterward; said he lost connection, and would give me some red-text for my efforts.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks and thanks @xmngr, Lord of Borderlands! Bows

1 Like

I.e. he didn’t let you into the treasure room?! WHAT! That’s so brazen. And it’s not like there’s a shortage of guns in there.

2 Likes

@hattieinduni Yeah, way to say thanks.
Edited my previous post.

This case aside, it just leaves acid in your mouth when you’re disconnected after all your trouble. Cases I’ve heard haven’t been restricted to the Treasure Room, but also for the post-Dragons treasure chests, and even extending to XP denial.
On a relative note, there’s post #17 here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/72334470

Happens to me all the time, but then again I tell everyone I help I don’t need anything.

Never have found anything much good in those

1 Like

[quote=“LunaticOne, post:70, topic:1281924”]Never have found anything much good in those[/quote]1. Agreed.
2. Usually the case. Anyways, I told the guy that courtesy dictates the host have first pick of red-text; for me, that’s a rule. That said, I also let him know that I’m usually more interested in the blue/purple/E-tech normals anyway.

This is why I farm alone, and co-op for fun.

1 Like