Things the AI has done to piss you off

[quote=“kenloe, post:34, topic:353557”]
Ground-based in general, no. It’s only the rabids, primarily stalkers, that are the problem. And it’s not that I can’t take them out at all, it’s just that they’re so damn relentless, especially in UVHM, and fighting them takes so much time and ammo (even with Maya’s Ruin, a decent Bee/decent spike shield, and some luck). They do go down eventually, but I freely admit that they’re one of the few fights I wish I could avoid altogether.
[/quote]Lobbed Singularity (or Quasar) grenade will make your hunting so much easier. If you get a Longbow prefix, don’t intend it as a panic button since it’ll require you to aim when you may not have the time.

Shock longbow singularity or quasar works really well with converge at distance, so you can than blast away with a suitable sniper or RL - the singularity effect helps keep rabids bunched after the initial converge while phaselock is on cooldown. Rinse and repeat to take them down while keeping them all well away from you.

I guess this probably isn’t an AI thing, but it has pissed me off a lot. Fighting the final boss from the mercenary day DLC, getting downed and then not being able to get a second wind because your too close to him and his attack shaking the ground constantly making it impossible to aim at anything. It happens every single time. Not to mention not being able to get a second wind off him because he’s in the middle of an attack animation and it doesn’t register the kill till after it’s finished…anyway, rant over.

What I hate is killing Hyperious while he is in the middle of a nova blast. You survive the first nova, kill him, then the second nova puts you into FFYL. At least he doesn’t attack again when you go in to pick up your stuff.

Using elemental weapons. DOTs are for Vault Hunters, and Vault Hunters only!

Gearbox, I want the metrics on how many times I’ve died to DOTs. My breakdown probably looks something like this:

DOTs: 33%
Tossed off a cliff: 25%
Killed by own grenade: 20%
Barrels: 15%
Run Over (holy hell this happens way too much to me) : 9%
Enemies being enemies: 1%

2 Likes

[quote=“chachava, post:38, topic:353557, full:true”]
I guess this probably isn’t an AI thing, but it has pissed me off a lot. Fighting the final boss from the mercenary day DLC, getting downed and then not being able to get a second wind because your too close to him and his attack shaking the ground constantly making it impossible to aim at anything. It happens every single time. Not to mention not being able to get a second wind off him because he’s in the middle of an attack animation and it doesn’t register the kill till after it’s finished…anyway, rant over.[/quote]Generally, you couldn’t ask for any better range; the downside to it is when he soaks up your damage ridiculously well.

[quote=“Lompoc_Carl, post:39, topic:353557, full:true”]
What I hate is killing Hyperious while he is in the middle of a nova blast. You survive the first nova, kill him, then the second nova puts you into FFYL. At least he doesn’t attack again when you go in to pick up your stuff.[/quote]Problem is, he can Nova you from all the way across the arena, making 2W practically impossible. But then again, killing him and leaving yourself 2W-stranded…that might land you here: Embarrassing moments with only yourself to blame

[quote=“kritchie2023, post:40, topic:353557”]
Run Over (holy hell this happens way too much to me) : 9%[/quote]You’d be pissed off by The Caravan (in The Dust) – your vehicle blows up on contact(!), AND it has the ‘plus’ of killing you (=on foot) by running you over.

IIRC it only blows up on contact if hit while moving and it’s the front. Still very stupid as it insta kills you.

“Acuminous Florentine” +Melee 9001%

1 Like

It’s a gun AND a “sword”! Mr. Torgue would be proud.

@xmngr:
http://im1.peldata.com/bl3/26599/27th.jpg
I’m not following…

[quote=“kritchie2023, post:44, topic:353557, full:true”]
It’s a gun AND a “sword”! Mr. Torgue would be proud.
[/quote]Try ‘gunblade’. Also, don’t tell Squaresoft.

2 Likes

Actually, it’s the K’s buzzaxe, it is a known glitch.

The joke

Your head.

That helped a lot (couldn’t tell what was wrong, somehow the buzzaxe was hidden in plain sight -insert facepalm-).
Here’s another buzzaxe “attachment” glitch

Here’s it from the side (well… reload animation)

Finally, one last buzzaxe visual glitch

Dynamite in the left hand and buzzaxe in right.

Needless to say Krieg and his buzzaxe are a bit buggy in certain situations as far as visuals go.

[quote=“P_Anarchist, post:48, topic:353557”]
Dynamite in the left hand and buzzaxe in right.[/quote]Mr. Torgue approves this.

3 Likes

Mr Torgue would ask WHY THE F*** IS THE BUZZAXE NOT MADE OUT OF DYNAMITE!?!?

1 Like

Well, it does have dynamite ducktaped to it.

So far for today it’s been pleasant but yesterday I had to travel to a different map to make the powercore show up (the one that spawns from a bandit you kill) since I opted to take a joyride to one of Marcus’ vendors to sell crap before looting the stuff that I found near the powercore (it opted to disappear from the map :blconfused:)

While rampaging in 3 horns a bandit opted to jump from one side of the dock to the other. Needless to say I wanted to follow him but couldn’t.

1 Like

Haha, yeah but WHY THE F*** ISN’T IT MADE OUT OF DYNAMITE MADE OUT OF SMALLER DYNAMITES?

2 Likes

[quote=“TheRandomGoth, post:50, topic:353557, full:true”]
Mr Torgue would ask WHY THE F*** IS THE BUZZAXE NOT MADE OUT OF DYNAMITE???[/quote]…and dual-wielded. Also: How I spent my entire Saturday

One other thing I forgot to mention is the lootsplosions. Enemies will sometimes do them in a ridiculous arc and angle that you’re left watching helplessly as things go sailing off into the abyss.

2 Likes

DOT killing me right after getting rid of the last enemy.
FFYL ending half a second too early.

Those happened way too many times to the point I sometimes wondered if it wasn’t scripted.

2 Likes

Do you know what I reckon’s scripted?

Enemies running away while you’re in FFYL.

For example:
Until quite recently, I’d been using shotguns with my 'Zerker. However, I’d amassed enough tokens to buy an at-level DPUH. Now, whenever I had gone into FFYL previously, very rarely would enemies run away/backpedal so I couldn’t kill them.

However, since I have started using my DPUH, there has been a definite increase in this. I don’t mean they run away, I mean they run away JUST in front of my DPUH’s pellets. There was a spiderant in one of my many Pyro Pete fights that almost did a lap around the arena, JUST TO AVOID MY PELLETS.

Now, tell me that these are not scripted, I dare ya!