Things you do that aren't considered ideal gameplay?

So I’ve been playing this game for so many hours and multiple characters and builds and playthroughs. I’ve tried playing so many different ways but, and I guess it may just be considered my playstyle, I always revert back to a “default” setting of sorts where I play certain things a certain way even though I’ve read all the guides and watched all the videos and know it isn’t optimal gameplay. META gameplay. A few things I know are wrong but I just do them anyway:

1. Not matching elements with enemy weaknesses. AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! On Amara I just use a gun that let’s me shoot 3 elements with the build I’m using so that is easy. In Moze I just always use Fire. On Zane I use Cryo(Nighthawk so fire sometimes but I’ll usually switch to another Cryo gun). On Flak I just use Kinetic damage weapons. I know badasses have tons of Yellow health. I know certain bosses have huge weaknesses. But honestly? I’ll just take down shields with grenade spam and yellow health spam. If I have to use all my ammo to take down an Annointed enemy then dag nabbit that is what I’m going to do!

2. I don’t use cover. I know the whole sliding mechanic was supposed to run&gun playstyle and to quickly go under a box or something. In the gameplay trailers before BL3 released it looked so amazing and brand new but in practice I don’t ever seem to use it. I’ll just honestly stand in place while an enemy is shooting me and just count on knowing I can get a Second Wind so I will try and do as much damage as I can before I go down to basically grant me a 100% chance at the second wind.

3. Probably not technically a gameplay mechanic/technique but I don’t farm for the perfect legendary. So say I need a Flakker for a build I saw on YT I want to try. I get a lvl50 Flakker and I’m done. I don’t keep trying until that Flakker has the specific Annointment for that specific character that I see a lot of people doing. My Main is Moze and I have so many guns that have IB Annointments but I’m using on other characters because it is the only legendary of that gun I have.

*(4) Just an extra quickie but I don’t actively aim for critical spots unless it is Graveward. My aim is off most of the time anyway so I just go for body shots almost exclusively. I know my cousins have seen me play and get annoyed when they see me shooting center mass and not aiming for the head.

What do you guys do?

5 Likes

Play on console :joy:

15 Likes

With moze ive been sticking to softening things with the vanquisher rockets, proccing terror off my grenade, ammo off my shield, n swap all “50% ____ for 2 mags” to her… fl4k gets all the 100% ase aswell as anything rakk and gamma as i swap between coms on both depending where i am n what i’ve got to use - honestly its the same way i played zero and kreig in bl 2. Still gotta start/ work on the other 2 though

1 Like

I typically pop my digi clone with a radiation sniper, then swap to my Stagecoach/Hellwalker and forget it’s there. I know there’s anointments that boost damage on position swap but the only time I use it is if I clear an area so fast he has no chance of hitting the enemies that spawn in the next section… Then I’ll move him up and run back into the fray. Otherwise he’s a glorified turret.

2 Likes

I shoot Killavolt in the dick

2 Likes

trying out a melee build in a shooting game. lol

4 Likes

Brick the beautiful siren will remember that.

3 Likes

Recycle 100% of any and all Terror gear.

5 Likes

I don’t give a flying fork about anoitments, any of them, terror or not. It just doesn’t seem that usefull to me. I don’t care what are best builds for this or that, I don’t know and/or care what is the “meta”. I have not checked any giudes or videos about the best gear. If I see a shinny soulstaber, I try it and I either like it and keep it or don’t and sell it immedeately.

1 Like

Once your at a certain point that annointment can make or break a weapon; but hey…if you enjoy doing 25% - 200% less damage… thats up to you; there are other ways to make it stronger but by the sounds of it you wouldnt care either✌

Well, the thing is, I never felt the need to use them, I finished TVHM on M3 without any serious trouble and farmed every boss.
It’s just my preference, but I can’t be bohtered to remember which anoitment does what and when to use it effectively, it’s just not fun for me. Also to be honest, at this point I don’t see the point in even playing the game. There is practicaly no endgame, no dedicated dropps, and I can’t take another playthrough of the story, I have inventory and bank full of legendaries and nothing to shoot.

Thats fair, in my opinion theres more here than there was in previous titles at launch, mean yea we dont have vermi yet (maybe we havnt figured out how to spawn it yet? It spawned twice in 6 years for me) But the slaughters or just mobbing around the anvil/lectra city are more of a challenge than most of #2 at launch, plus with terror ive been able to drop a whole tree from atleast 1 build without losing what was important in it
N the terror debuff? Meh, anyone whos played gaige is more than used to not hitting anything :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You haven’t tried a Maggie with increased crit damage under terror. It’s… Wow.

I don’t use any phaseslam or phasecast annoints anymore. Just like i don’t use phazezerker com or ties that bind. It isn’t fun. I don’t know who at GBX decided on these things (must be a Sal fan) but just because those items are “better” don’t make them more enjoyable.

1 Like

I make extremely heavy use of Iron Bear, my build is entirely centered around him. I can either drive him myself with one class mod or set him up as a long lasting turret that kills even on mayhem 3 with a different class mod.

No I cannot kill Graveward in 5 seconds.

All of my main guns are purple rarity, as is my Mendel Multivitamin Shield.

I am pretty sure I would be kicked out of random groups.

2 Likes

FOUR SHOTGUNS OF THE APOCALYPSE ZANE BUILD

Lol

2 Likes

i do the opposite of sliding and going to cover.
i jump 90% of the time for no reason LOL

4 Likes

Haha, I think everyone does the “jump for no reason” thing.

3 Likes

Yeah exactly me. Always have in BL

It has more reason than ever before though, half the time you jump - rockets get launched at you, but 10 feet higher - when landing, they shoot themselves… their tracking expectation is quite off; and you get to dodge things like your in the matrix once you notice some patterns