Things You Found Out Ridiculously Late

Yep, Terra does, and Dukino’s Mom…

6 Likes

Although this can be a good thing for melee Zer0 because it often procs Counter Strike, which if you’re lucky and pay attention you can use for an early Execute.

5 Likes

One more (playing Scarlet’s now and remembered);
You do not have to jump onto the boat to get Herbert’s echos to explode and fly to their pickup locations. Just going to the end of the first platform will trigger the burst.
Not hugely helpful, but one less thing to worry about. Though I’ve never missed one of the jumps back and forth to the boat, I might. So just step up trigger, and go get the 1st one.
–RoA

2 Likes

Don’t forget to squeeze the teddy bear thou! :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sure there’s a Claptrap zinger in there somehow :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes
9 Likes

That the different Maya skins can change her tattoos- the Red-Nosed Paindeer skin from the loot train makes her tats look like snowflakes for example…

7 Likes

One more I just noticed the other day;
When you start the No hard feelings quest and open Willy’s chest the chest has a bomb in it.
I’ve done that quest more than 100 times, and I never ever noticed that. I always hit X then start running away, so never saw the interior.
–RoA

2 Likes

I’ve played since launch, and been on the Forums since before they were the old forums. And I just found out that theres a red Hyperion chest in the container that you get dropped on the crane in Opportunity. Smh I felt like a butt. I must’ve done that quest like… 30 times. At least.

8 Likes

Someone else recently mentioned that and I too for the first time saw it yesterday.

5 Likes

That some effects from gears transfer to vehicles. I don’t know how I never noticed it before.

5 Likes

What chest are you talking about?

2 Likes

I think they’re talking about the one in the moonshot container that drops the crane during Home Movies. I found out about that in an Opportunity chest run video on YouTube.

7 Likes

I have no idea what you are all talking about so I am assuming I don’t know about it either :rofl:

6 Likes

So go do the “Home Movies” mission for Lilith, and all will be revealed… :wink:

8 Likes

Another thing I just remembered;

Until I watched some others play BL2 on YouTube, I never realized there was a specific sound for your shield being depleted.
Yup.

I guess every time I was being hit enough times to drop my shield my attention was all on trying to survive and defeat the opponents, so that descending “Shoooop” sound that triggers when your shield goes to zero was completely blocked out of my mind by higher-level focus stuff.

As I watched various vids I heard the sound, and kinda halfway wondered what it was. Then it finally hit me “Duh, it’s letting you know your shield is gone!”. Again, at that point in combat your mind is so busy with other things it gets ignored.

I still don’t notice it unless I’m paying very close attention.
–RoA

5 Likes

That this existed :

Or that Knoxx was a-Twitter :

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeneralKnoXX

11 Likes

Phaselocking Mimic’s turns them back into the chest.

11 Likes

Teleport to Vehicle.

The first time I saw that on the menu, I thought “It’s right next to me! Why would anyone want to teleport a couple of steps away? That is just TOO lazy, and I’m never going to do that!”

Then, maybe a year later, I saw a video of someone pre-positioning a vehicle during the Death Race, and boy did I feel stupid!

8 Likes

Yup, me too. “Why teleport?”.

3 Likes