Things You Found Out Ridiculously Late

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #182

This. :arrow_down:

There is a Custom Borderlands Emojis. lol

:blattidude: :blcensor: :blconfused: :blcrazy: :bldancing: :bldualist: :blembarrass: :blgroup: :blhappy: :blleaking: :bllol: :blomg_: :blpushoff: :blrage: :blrpg: :blsad: :blserious: :blsmirk: :bluncertain: :blyoohoo: :blzzzzzz: :dukeaffirmative:

(Compulsive Reloader) #183

Another one, kinda trivial but…
It took me about 2 months to realize that you could teleport into a vehicle as soon as you spawned it. I assumed teleporting was only for when the vehicle was away from the Catch-A-Ride, so I’d spawn, exit the spawn dialog, run to the front of the vehicle and hop in.
Then I accidentally hit “teleport” and boom, I’m in the drivers seat saving myself 4-7 seconds!
Shoulda figured that out way sooner.
–RoA

(The doc is in.) #184

Not sure it really apply here. Could be in the random information or Borderlands is a lifestyle.
Never heard of or see any reference to it before. So something we all found out ridiculously late?
You know the Chère-Amie ? Turn out it’s a pigeon!

(Selling England by the Pound) #185

I did know that actually… I couldn’t even begin to tell you how though :joy:

And the red text is a reference to this classic:

(The doc is in.) #187

Never saw that… clip! But I’ve heard some of these lines… somewhere…
No idea where though. Perhaps in a radio show intro. idk.

I remember a vid, by I think Bahroo, where he was supposed to show something and the vid started by throwing the shield on the ground for his friend and it went right through the floor in Sanctuary station. Brilliant start there.

Facepalm I never realized that.

(Isthiswill) #189

BTW did we forget to mention that a Haven is a Sanctuary???

TPS breaks the tradition being so straight-forward. Serenity’s Waste is about the closest we come to Haven, Sanctuary, and Refuge, and Regolith Range being the Rock/ Stone reference.

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #190

Took me 3 days to realize, i keep thinking is there another area in the Borderlands 2 named Refuge other than Flamerock Refuge.

Then it hit me that you are referring to the literal translation. lol

(Is this thing on?) #191

…a reference to “So much serenity” (look it up) All the Elpis names are Australian references.

(Isthiswill) #192

I was out of my depth with all the local references by 2K Australia. I found the clip from The Castle and the dad sounds like the voice of the Jolly Swagman a bit(The Billabong quest). That voice is uncredited on IMDB…

I guess that could also be an example of a local reference being a double entendre to call back to previous games. Also, could it be a reference to Firefly (the Joss Whedon show) and the movie based on the show, Serenity, since in a lot of ways that show and the movies parallel the style and tone of the Borderlands series? Heck, was the ship on Firefly named the Serenity a nod to The Castle???

(Is this thing on?) #193

That’s the trouble with references - they can often be a reference to a reference… Good example: “Dakka dakka dakka!” A lot of folks will relate that to a certain game, but I first heard that in the movie “Battle of Britain” (during a sequence when the rookie is being put through his paces in a training flight). And it was certainly a common thing to hear on the playground if we were playing air combat for whatever reason.

(Isthiswill) #194

There is a picture of Tiffany!!!

(Compulsive Reloader) #195

Something I just noticed/found this morning in Sawtooth Cauldron;
Un-aggro’d turrets count toward the Surprise! challenge. Trivial to note, but interesting to me.
–ck

(Compulsive Reloader) #196

Oh, one more somewhat trivial thing, but can make a difference.
The residual explosions at the beginning of the End of the line map will be registered by your shield as damage, and the shield will stop recharging. So always have a full shield when transiting in to the area.
And if you buy a shield from the vendor at the start of the area it won’t recharge fully, when I’ve bought a shield I end up transiting back to Tundra Express, charging, then going back into End of The Line.
–RoA

Any earthquake effects in this game cause your shield to “register damage” while there is none. It’s pretty silly and in some areas an unbelievably cheap way for the game to try to kill you (Terra springs to mind, he causes earthquakes doesn’t he? Or do I remember that wrong?).

(Rumplebunny) #198

Yep, Terra does, and Dukino’s Mom…

Although this can be a good thing for melee Zer0 because it often procs Counter Strike, which if you’re lucky and pay attention you can use for an early Execute.

(Compulsive Reloader) #200

One more (playing Scarlet’s now and remembered);
You do not have to jump onto the boat to get Herbert’s echos to explode and fly to their pickup locations. Just going to the end of the first platform will trigger the burst.
Not hugely helpful, but one less thing to worry about. Though I’ve never missed one of the jumps back and forth to the boat, I might. So just step up trigger, and go get the 1st one.
–RoA

(The doc is in.) #201

Don’t forget to squeeze the teddy bear thou! :wink: