Things You Found Out Ridiculously Late

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #202

I’m sure there’s a Claptrap zinger in there somehow :stuck_out_tongue:

(Carlton Slayer) #204

That the different Maya skins can change her tattoos- the Red-Nosed Paindeer skin from the loot train makes her tats look like snowflakes for example…

(Compulsive Reloader) #205

One more I just noticed the other day;
When you start the No hard feelings quest and open Willy’s chest the chest has a bomb in it.
I’ve done that quest more than 100 times, and I never ever noticed that. I always hit X then start running away, so never saw the interior.
–RoA

(Lypreila) #206

I’ve played since launch, and been on the Forums since before they were the old forums. And I just found out that theres a red Hyperion chest in the container that you get dropped on the crane in Opportunity. Smh I felt like a butt. I must’ve done that quest like… 30 times. At least.

Someone else recently mentioned that and I too for the first time saw it yesterday.

(spectacularly mediocre) #208

That some effects from gears transfer to vehicles. I don’t know how I never noticed it before.

(Selling England by the Pound) #209

What chest are you talking about?

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #210

I think they’re talking about the one in the moonshot container that drops the crane during Home Movies. I found out about that in an Opportunity chest run video on YouTube.

(Selling England by the Pound) #211

I have no idea what you are all talking about so I am assuming I don’t know about it either :rofl:

(Is this thing on?) #212

So go do the “Home Movies” mission for Lilith, and all will be revealed… :wink:

(Compulsive Reloader) #213

Another thing I just remembered;

Until I watched some others play BL2 on YouTube, I never realized there was a specific sound for your shield being depleted.
Yup.

I guess every time I was being hit enough times to drop my shield my attention was all on trying to survive and defeat the opponents, so that descending “Shoooop” sound that triggers when your shield goes to zero was completely blocked out of my mind by higher-level focus stuff.

As I watched various vids I heard the sound, and kinda halfway wondered what it was. Then it finally hit me “Duh, it’s letting you know your shield is gone!”. Again, at that point in combat your mind is so busy with other things it gets ignored.

I still don’t notice it unless I’m paying very close attention.
–RoA

That this existed :

Or that Knoxx was a-Twitter :

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeneralKnoXX

(chris) #215

Phaselocking Mimic’s turns them back into the chest.

(Going Down The Road Feeling Bad) #216

Teleport to Vehicle.

The first time I saw that on the menu, I thought “It’s right next to me! Why would anyone want to teleport a couple of steps away? That is just TOO lazy, and I’m never going to do that!”

Then, maybe a year later, I saw a video of someone pre-positioning a vehicle during the Death Race, and boy did I feel stupid!

(Compulsive Reloader) #217

Yup, me too. “Why teleport?”.

(Compulsive Reloader) #218

One very minor thing I finally noticed;
When you deliver the shield cores to Karima at the end of Shields Up!, they stay in the little slot you drop them into. You can see them shimmering in the slot for the rest of the game.
Question is: Then what did Karmia use to build the shield???
–RoA

(Relmitos) #219

I didn’t think about using the vehicle teleport thing for the Death Race, but I typically use it for the quest Neither Rain Nor Sleet Nor Skags. I park a vehicle right by the bandit village you’re supposed to go deliver the packages to, saves a good bit of time. Necessary? No, probably not, but helpful because I can’t find the mailboxes quickly sometimes? Yes. Also useful for the quest Arms Dealing. I cut that one close usually, and I preplace vehicles every time.

by a stroke of luck, i ran across knoxx’s twitter account on the wiki and it was a funny read. did you realize that they removed capital letters in the future? it was a funny read.

(Compulsive Reloader) #220

Not two minutes ago;
I never, in thousands of hours of gameplay and more than 100 characters created, noticed that BadMaw’s midgets were named.
I guess I’ve either never released them from his shield, or never tracked over them after I did.
Did this time and noticed the names. Always something new to find.
–RoA

(Selling England by the Pound) #221

It is necessary to complete it within the time, in my experience, if playing solo. I usually just spawn two vehicles at Overlook, and take one with me, and when i’m done with all the ones around the map I teleport back to the other vehicle to avoid having to drive all the way back.