Things You Found Out Ridiculously Late

(Legendary Lunatic) #61

Wait, what? This destroys the Treant orbs?

(Best in Funk's collection) #62

Yes indeed. And Constructor missiles.

(Legendary Lunatic) #63

I knew it could destroy missiles, I never even considered if could destroy Treant orbs. Also, is your tag there a link to Brian Carroll, or a coincidence?

(Best in Funk's collection) #64

Coincidence.

(Today, everything was fine in Opportunity and nothing bad happened.) #65

I feel like folks in here might benefit a lot from this particular topic.

(Legendary Lunatic) #66

I just found out that you don’t actually have to hit the pipeline to burst it. I missed the jump and my car landed just on the ground in front of the platform, and it still blew up. It must be something between leaving the ramp and reaching the ground that triggers it.

(Ensign Rook) #67

No, there is a hitable object in the pipe. You can park against it in co-op to instantly trigger it when someone completes the last pumping station, or trigger it (and see it) from underneath the pipe as well.

(Legendary Lunatic) #68

I never knew this!

("COMMUNITY ARSE") #69

And Saturn’s Kamikaze missiles at the Peak…but you probably knew that.

I just found out that when i befriend a Gloiath and he attacks Spiderants etc, his kills go towards the Perfectly Peaceful mission, and possibly others.

I also just found that during the Clan Wars mission where you burn the trailers down, you can hear Tector working on a car (air tool noises) while Jimbo plays his banjo in the workshop.

Edit: Bloodsplosion is awesome! … I don’t know how i forgot that one :stuck_out_tongue:
Edit #2: This might sound soppy, but just how bloody good you people of the forum are since i’ve been hanging out here for a little while now, mainly at Handsome_Dad’s place and you guys and gals no who you are :thumbsup:

(Rumplebunny) #70

Dang. All this time, I never knew either! I’ve always just HATED those shock balls too… :smiley:

And along those lines, I always forget about how a lot of projectiles can be shot down… the regular/heatseeker Constructor missiles in particular, even though I always remember I can shoot down their nukes, heh.

(Ensign Rook) #71

Tesla grenades work extraordinarily well for this, as well. Just chuck one at the treant right before it dies and you’re in the clear.

(Carlton Slayer) #72

When you open your inventory and look at your equipped gear- there’s a pic of your character there next to the word ‘Equipped’! Honestly, I JUST noticed this this week!

(Legendary Lunatic) #73

Oh wow, you’re right… How have I never noticed that before??

(The RAbbi) #74

Maya’s Scorn works well too. Treant shock orbs, Hyperius’ (and his minions’) rockets, constructor missiles, BA Rex nukes. Scorn is an excellent defensive skill.

Scorn will attempt to attack buzzaxes and such in-flight. I don’t think it works, but I’m not sure.

(Farmerboi2010) #75

Glad i clicked on this thread lol. Learning new stuff and I’ve playing since launch.

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #76

I discovered just a few days ago that a corrosive Bone will not boost Cloud Kill; I have one on my Siren partly 'cause that one has the fastest cooldown boost when compared to her fire and shock Bones, and partly 'cause I thought it would benefit CK. Oh well.

(Legendary Lunatic) #77

Apparently Bunker doesn’t give a second wind.

(Rumplebunny) #78

Are you sure? I just tested myself, I got this:

With Bone (35%): 420K Cloud Kill ticks

Without Bone: 310K Cloud Kill ticks

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #79

You’re right…

With an OP 6 Bone @ 38% and the same gun you used, I get 516K

Without, I get 373K

In my defense, I read that somewhere here recently and took it at face value, at least until I had tested it myself which in retrospect I should have done before posting here. I’m actually happy to be wrong, and thanks for that.

(Best in Funk's collection) #80

I saw the same info too - though it confused me a little as I’d also heard a slag relic will boost damage from Scorn. Really glad to see this!