This is a Open Beta

To all the people freaking out about connection and log-in queue issues. Chill, this is Day 1 of an open “Beta”. Not an official launch. The entire purpose of Beta’s is for the devs to find and fix issues such as these. Also “Open Betas” are usually for stress testing servers as well.

So just keep this in mind before freaking out or judging the game, it is an incomplete product after all.

Freaking out about beta is like freaking out about a car without wheels for not driving.

8 Likes

I agree given that this is only a Beta, people should anticipate there will be issues. However, given that the Battleborn Open Beta is not the first open Beta for a video game and given that other Open Betas have had connection issues, GBX should have probably anticipated that there would be connection issues related to the number of available servers. Battleborn is GBX’s first brand new IP since Borderlands. This means it is in GBX’s best interest that people not familiar with the type of game (and even those that are) get a good “first impression” of the game. And GBX cannot get feedback from people who cannot connect and beta test the game. Fortunately, according to Twitter it looks like GBX will be adding additional server capacity (either physical or virtual) to handle the load and allow more people to connect and play the Battleborn open beta.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Most likely Virtual to start, physical would definitely make since long term though as in for the official launch.

It literally just occurred to me… “open” beta means that I should be able to play. It has been deceptively hard to find on Steam (no search results for “battleborn open beta”, my original search for Battleborn didn’t mention the beta, and as I’m downloading it now, it says, “available May 3rd” (which is probably when my download will finish), but the “everything you need to know” page says that the PC open beta ends April 18th). I’m not sure what I’m even downloading now.

You’re preloading the beta, which will be playable from the 13th on PC.

Ok, thanks. :thumbsup:

1 Like

This is the link I’m seeing on Steam: steam://install/451070/ On its Store page, there’s a section that says “Get ready for the Battleborn Open Beta by preloading it now!” Click on preloading and it should download unless you’ve already done that, Ada.

My ISP is on fire today - these are very fast download speeds for me :grinning:

Damn, son! I would grab the beta, but I don’t have enough bandwidth left over this month. :frowning:

I would download the Battleborn Open Beta (for my Xbox One) too, but almost 7 GB of data at 5 MB (not 50, 5 yes 5) download speed would just take forever to download :expressionless:

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M