This is Just Getting Tiresome

Bug:

Switching out weapons and/or ancillary gear in inventory only works in one “direction”.

IE, you can switch fine if you click on what you want to switch to in your backpack first, and then click the equipped item you want changed, but not the other way;

IE(2), if you click on the equipped item first, then click in the backpack for what you want, nothing happens, but sometimes you get a brief little “buzzer” sound. The sound only seems to occur with ancillary gear but not with weapons.

Re-production: Try switching out as described, Equipped item —> Inventory

Work-around: Dragging-and-dropping seems to work in both “directions”.

If this is a bug, then it really needs fixing because it’s just ■■■■■■■ maddening.

If this is a feature, then it really needs to be demoted back to not being one, like, immediately.

(sarcasm) Oh, before I forget: (/sarcasm)

Have I mentioned just how ■■■■■■■ grating this is, especially during a pull where multiple elements need to be accounted for (four slots at a time only goes so far, especially if you’re using those pulls to “field-test” multiple new weapons or a new build.)

Fix this? Like, sooner than Soon™?

2 Likes

I’ve been cursing at this as well

Still not fixed after 2 (or is it three, now?) “hotfixes”.

Holy ■■■■, really? Really?

Yeah, really has been making me yank my hair out.

1 Like

Just as an aside:

The term “hot-fix” usually implies that ■■■■ actually bloody well gets like, you know, fixed.
Or allowing for these clueless wonders, I guess we can at least start with acknowledgement.

This ■■■■ is grating, completely breaks game-play flow, it’s ■■■■■■■ pissing me off, and yes, I intend to keep bumping.

■■■■■■■ FIX THIS for the love of Mike.

Still not completely fixed, although better than it was (Not exactly a high bar, now is it):

You can now usually swap weapons in either direction, but ancillary mods only go from inventory to slot, as long as you don’t click the equipped item first;

So yeah, you get to scroll through all your crap, and then have to use that ■■■■■■■ annoying mouse-over highlight, and sometimes, it even works.

What the ■■■■?

Seriously OK, this amateur hour ■■■■■■■■ with this over-complicated, janky, laggy flash-over-substance menu/inventory system is just a sad joke anymore.

This still totally breaks the flow of combat, especially when you’re Zane-speeding your way through a XP-farming proving ground run.

FIX THIS.

Almost two months later, and still not fixed. It now works the way it should only for weapons, grenades, and sometimes shields, but even then only when it wants to.

What the ■■■■ is wrong with these people?

This whole menu system is an over-complicated click-fest laggy bag of turds, and always was.

■■■■■■■ fix this.