This is SUCH A GOOD GAME....Needs to be re-released!

I came back to this game after about a year’s hiatus…started a character waaaaay out of my comfort zone, a Zer0 and am loving it!

Which just reminds me yet once again…

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT GAME!

After GB’s (and 2k for that matter) disappointments with the success of Battleborn which I won’t get into at all more than to say it’s a shame, it’s a great and DIFFERENT game that keeps getting better but it’s popularity just never caught on.

Anyway, after the disappointment of BB, GB needs to / should / it would be SWEET if they did…

RE-RELEASE BL2 TO GREAT FANFARE!!

Call it a “Remastered Eddition”, “Pro Version”, “BL2 Revisited,” , whatever…

include:
All DLCs, Headhunter Packs etc

Include shift codes for one Heartbreaker, Chulain, Rubi or Grog and some other Uniques

Include shift codes for all of the special events one time only skins and heads.

Include shift codes for ONE copy of all those REALLY hard to get weapons or pieces of equipment. (Twister, Cobra, Stinkpot, Hide of Terramorphis, Norfleet, Hive, Pyrophobia, etc.

Include 25 Golden Keys

Add 12 brand new Unique/Seraph/Legenday or Pearl weapons and equipment

Add ONE additional Skill Point if the Re-Mastered version is purchased

And sell it for $19.95 on Steam/Consoles.

Would only require some programming for the additional weapons and equipment…not a whole bunch of development time necessary…

AND it would make GB some needed inflow of cash since sales of Battleborn have dropped off…not to mention make MULTI THOUSANDS of BL2 fans happy…

AND buy them some more time to develop BL3 into a blockbuster while “whetting the appetites” for “more Borderlands.”

2 Likes

And then the obvious question arises…

Would exisitng players spend 20 bucks on a game going on 5 years old???

Hell yes they would!!!

The additional equipment and one additional skill point would/could change up the game ENTIRELY.

Plus…even after 4 years, there are weapons and equipment, skins and heads that I NEVER got as I was unable to attend all the special events.

Yep…I’d easily spend the 20 bucks and I believe other existing players would as well.

AND bring in a whole new crop of players at that price!!

1 Like

Thats kinda what the handsome jack collection is?

1 Like

Similar in some ways but the additions are:

Include shift codes for one Heartbreaker, Chulain, Rubi or Grog and some other Uniques

Include shift codes for all of the special events one time only skins and heads.

Include shift codes for ONE copy of all those REALLY hard to get weapons or pieces of equipment. (Twister, Cobra, Stinkpot, Hide of Terramorphis, Norfleet, Hive, Pyrophobia, etc.

Add 12 brand new Unique/Seraph/Legenday or Pearl weapons and equipment

Add ONE additional Skill Point if the Re-Mastered version is purchased

And these make ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

It was re-released. It’s called “The Handsome Collection” (XB1/PS4) or "The Triple Pack (other systems). And there’s been a steady stream of new players coming to the forums (especially whenever there’s a sale on.) Just waiting for the original Borderlands to get a true re-master for current gen.

Actually, it’s pretty cool just how enduring Borderlands is.

And there’s great potential around the up-coming 5th anniversary, especially as a prelude to BL3.

I would rather Gearbox spent the time and effort in making Borderlands 3 than releasing a remastered edition of Borderlands 2. Generally the remastered versions only come with a few upgrades such as graphics (a rather useless upgrade) and a few tweaks but otherwise I have not seen the appeal in purchasing any remastered game. Unless of course they pull something like what the developers of the Darksider franchise did with their first game, releasing a Warmastered version.

If Gearbox did release a remastered version I probably won’t play it to be completely honest unless there are some major changes which I seriously doubt would happen.

Now if Gearbox remastered Borderlands 1 and included the ability to start over with all your equipment from the very beginning I would jump on that like a buzzard zeroing in roadkill.

2 Likes

Yep…understand…all replies

But see my above answer…

I add MORE

And make it waaaaay better…LOL at least AFAIC

And for virtually NO development time or cost to the company.

Great way of putting it. If GBX ever does do this, there are going to be a LOT of people buying it.

Other than a few hiccups with the original, such as Fast Travel in DLC, the inability to start over with all your equipment, levels, and whatever else is the main thing holding back Borderlands 1. If they were to stick the replay capability of Borderlands 2 into the first game…well I would be playing it again.

I would be one as well…

I don’t think BL1 had the depth, breadth, scope or complexity of the second version…nor the fan base,

And numbers sell…

But yes, I’d certainly buy it! so totally agree with you two guys on that one.

After Borderlands 3 is released (if they are working on it to begin with that is) then sure, release a remastered version of Borderlands 2 to keep the developers occupied with what you proposed John with maybe a bit more. However, BL2 is still technically ‘new’ as most remastered games are often closing in on a decade in age if not more.

As an example Bioshock 2 has recently been remastered and some individuals such as myself believe that it is a bit too soon for it to have been remastered. The graphical changes, though somewhat noticeable, are not anything to write home about.

Halo Anniversary on the other hand was a slick game in that it reminded old veterans such as myself how far the game has come (hello warthog handling my old friend) and had the slick feature of the player having the ability to toggle between modern graphics and the graphics the game originally had (think they used halo 3 graphics) and gave the rare opportunity to compare past with present. There was little else added to the game, but it was a breath of fresh air to a game that was well over a decade old when the Anniversary game was released.

Then there is the Handsome Collection which can be considered a remastered version.

They are. Personally I’d rather see a remastered version of BL 1 before 2. BL 2 still mostly works, but the original sure could use some love.

5 Likes

Guys…I think you are kinda missing my point…

I absolutely DON’T disagree that BL1 Re-Mastered would be a good thing…

Buuuut…and here is why my idea (I think) works a little bit better…at this point in time…for a company that has been disappointed after throwing and I quote “8 times the developmental effort and money than BL2” into an effort that has not panned out to anyone’s financial expectations.

What you propose…a “real” Re-Master of Bl1…would take a huge effort and time…and MONEY.

What I propose would take virtually…NOTHING! VERY little cost and only the coding time for the new gear involved.

It’s simply a “build upon” effort to the Handsome Jack collection.

And it could be done NOW…and it could be done EASILY…and it would SELL…and it would make folks happy…and it would restoree some slighly damaged reputations right now.

Perhaps you are all taking the term Re-Mastered too seriously (and I have probably used it wrong). So if that is is…just throw that title away…flush it from your minds. I’m not talking about graphics changes at all. Call it BL2 Revisited, or BL2 Pro Add-on Edition…or whatever.

And price it like a DLC.

And advertise it a bit…

And the company would be back in the spotlight positively to the delight of its fans…NOW!!

Not two years from now.

I just looked at the Steam Chart for Battleborn…and this is right after the latest DLC and patch. 601 players on the PC which in all likelihood will dwindle to around 200 dedicated hardcore fans in about a week or so. That’s 200 worldwide at any given time folks…200. BL1 is WELL above that with about 1100 on an 8 year old game. The same Steam Chart shows nearly 10,000 players playing BL2 on the PC right now…10,000!! On a 4 year old game!

Battleborn is a great game and the above is not trying to denigrate it at all. But there are some stark economic realities going on here…as well as some EXCELLENT possibilities.

For very little effort.

And I am a loyal fan of all three games…but if I were a shareholder…I’d be asking about exploring that continued popularity of BL2 BIG time!

Oh yes. I have the original XBox version AND the Anniversary one. The updated graphics - and the direct comparison to the original in-game - was an eye opener. And yes, Warthog handling. Well, the less said the better, frankly!

I like this idea, but I doubt they would put any resources into coding anything for BL1 or 2.

What they could do, which would cost them nothing, is release a series of shift codes for things like the OP listed above. They could do something crazy like… sign up and have random codes emailed to you (on your preferred designated system) each day for a month. Or one a week for months. Something small to keep people’s interest. Keep the sign up open. People could then trade them etc.

Preach on brother.

I’m not looking for a remake. I just want BL1 HD.

4 Likes

I’d be happy with just one, final patch for BL1 to add a reset-playthrough option and fixing the longstanding bugs (including certain COMs and legendaries.) Heck, I can probably live without seeing an actual non-glitched Draco, just give me the playthrough reset thing! :wink: