Thorn bot freakishly stronger than others?

Anyone else find thorn in the private pvp like way stronger than the others?

1 Like

Not sure about Thorn. But me and my nephew has been one shoted by ghalt. Its really anoying.

1 Like

Me and a buddy of mine played with both a Galilea and Miko bot when we wanted to test numbers. Galilea wasn’t much of anything, but the Miko was handling Bonecrushers like a champ, healing, and even put my buddy to near death. Dare I say he plays better than randoms?

2 Likes

Montana bot is also a monster.

1 Like

I think a lot of the ranged attackers are pretty damn strong compared to how they can be played in multiplayer, and I’m pretty sure that it’s because the bots have better aim than players. Thorn and WF, for example, are characters that are extremely hard to aim with, but the bots seem to ruin with them.

2 Likes

Good point… and then Kleese-bot gets stuck on a tower he built for nearly the entire match… but he’s on my team, so yeah, poop.

I run through private matches to test gear and helix builds. Set the enemy team to two and fill my team so there’s little drama leveling and shard farming. Got a Gali that had a Miko stuck to her like glue, meanwhile my team’s bots were running into walls or in circles. Those two alone gave me trouble and actually killed me about 4-5 times.

The bot AI in this game only ever seems to work for the enemy team. So weird.

1 Like

Thorn and Montana are the only AI bots even worthy of notice in AI vs private matches. Both inflict a lot of damage fast. However, the Montana bot is hilariously kill-hungry and will chase you right in front of your sentry, where he gets torn to pieces by its guns while you sit by your supply station and laugh at him.

I guess Ghalt is worthy of honorable mention. He can do decent damage, though by himself he isn’t that much threat. Him and anyone else (even him and a giant bot) is a little tetchy though.

1 Like

YEP… the bots are crazy on the enemy team and mine are stuck on walls… yeesh

1 Like

Yeah I really think the game needs a more robust AI system… both for PVP and PVE… the low player count means we need to start seeing a competent AI fill things in… Also, the ability for drop-in/out in PVE or in private PVP matches needs to happen…

1 Like

DIDO for the PvE raids is probably something the dev team wants to avoid, to prevent players from getting high-value loot for spending 5 minutes in a boss fight when another player who fought through the whole mission gets a green. That just breeds way too much discontent, and with RNG it’s a possibility.

For PvP though, yes, IMO you should get a backfill. If nothing else, have the game drop a bot in there… but that gets back to your main point, better AI is desperately needed. And you’re right, it is. A bad bot coming in to reinforce a team would just feed the opposing team kills. I can see players wanting to disable to bot reinforcements just for that reason (heck, I might).

1 Like

I do see your point on the PvE, but the low player count is excruciating, especially for a map like Heliophage… there are a lot of games that have NPCs fight with you on story missions. If they’re designed well, it won’t break the game… but just like you noted for the PvP side of things, that’s the key: it has to be done well!

1 Like