Thoughts on Borderlands 3 characters (taken with a grain of salt since nothing has officially been announced)

(Asurmen) #1

Right now it seems like the soldier would be really cool. Not sure how I feel about a melee siren, isn’t that what the assassin class is for?

What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!
(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2

Not by definition? It would, presumably, allow two if not three of the skill trees (assuming they’re structured similarly) to focus entirely on melee, or some other mix. I would be surprised if the Assassin didn’t come with some melee abilities though (but more than just a couple, ‘+2% melee damage per point’ skills)… just not a full-tree’s focus on it.

I’m psyched… summoner classes are a hoot.

I am very excited and I do believe the videos, sup matto also released a video and I trust him too.

I’m excited to play every character but will probably start with the melee siren, three action skills sounds like a heavenly amount of customisation.

I’m a giddy little school boy right now. The road to borderlands 3 has begun.

Let us all speculate together!!!

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #4

I’d get excited about this if I actually thought it would drop next year, but I don’t think it will.

(Pythonheir) #5

Assassin’s also tend to have the ability to tech tree for a long range sniper aswell. As a person who loved to go far ranged sniper with Zero, Mordecai, and Aurelia. I could see an Assassin also getting tech for being long ranged in 3 as well. What I am more excited (hopeful) for is seeing a Siren go melee better than Lillith (Siren) did. Now that is a character I have been waiting for.

(MentalMars) #6

These leaks got me excited and forgot to stay neutral when posting it up on my site. Although the leaks sound great, I needed to remind myself not to take things at face value (No disrespect to any of the creators or media that are reporting on this but like mentioned above, they are not an official source.).

Even if the leaks are somewhat true, the next Borderlands game is still way out. Things can change during the course of development. I have seen things change throughout the marketing of Borderlands (2) & Battleborn. Features that have been “promised” were later changed or cut due to development reasons.

Fun Fact. I actually wrote a speculation article about multiple actions skills during the summer of 2017, however, I never posted it because “Borderlands 3” wasn’t relevant yet (CMS Screenshot). Posting it now with the info from these leaks the article isn’t really a shocker anymore.

(Over Lord01) #7

Well now no BL3 announcement at the game awards. He did tweet about “3” things he had to do and mention that he would be there at the show. But he changed at the last minute and the tweet is meaningless. I wish he would just stop trolling people and keep his trap shut about things. It is getting old and people are getting tired of it.
I just watched a video on youtube about it and the guy agrees that he is doing damage to the fanbase just by posting meaningless tweets about the game and getting the fans hopes up and then crashing them down again. The guy needs to stop. People are not going to care about the game if he continues to do this stuff on his twitter page.

(El Raberto) #8

You make a very good point there fellow traveler.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #9

Did I miss something, or did the video only say that the Beast Master has 3 pets, not that each character has 3 action skills?

It said that the siren had three action skills, didn’t mention the gunner or assasin.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #11

Mind posting the time stamp?

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #12

“Melee Siren like Brick”…

Is GBX letting us know (teaser) in this VR vid of the new Siren?

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #13

I don’t think so? That’s clearly Maya (same action skill and everything), and the VR version is just a re-vamped version of BL2. I don’t think there’s a hint of anything related to BL3 in that (though I’d love to find out that there was).

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #14

It was just strange to see Maya punching…more than once.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #15

Right? And she’s unloading on a Loader with a Hellfire like it’s her first time on Pandora (though we should assume she’s got Cloud Kill, and it’ll still be dead in seconds :smile:)

This is supmattos video, he starts talking about the siren at the two minute mark.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #17

Space Vixens here I come!

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #18

Ah, so it was in a different video.

Yeah, I’ve been watching lots of videos on the same subject to see different perspectives and see the level of detail in each video.

A new video was released yesterday talking about the sirens three abilities and how you’ll only choose one, I imagine it’ll be a respec deal. I wonder how it’ll work with skill trees, also the video mentioned the skill trees are modernized including passives etc.

If that’s the case, this feature wouldn’t actually be all new. We already have Maya with what could be called her two action skills (Phaselock, Thoughtlock) which can be switched between by way of respec.