Thread derailment posts here please!

I’ve not had the pleasure. Reading is something I don’t get to do quite as much as I’d like, because baby. But I will look him up. Have you any suggestions? My reading list is quite extensive, I hope I don’t have to wait too long to start working through it.

4 Likes

Dammit! And you’re from NYC!

Alright - New York Trilogy just made it to the top of your list. For something a bit less abstract, Brooklyn Follies. I could go on, but I won’t…but I could…

You like Haruki Murakami I seem to remember. He’s kind of similar.

4 Likes

I usually pick a book to read by the blurb on the back. In recent years suggestions by other people have surged. I don’t stick to a genre or author, it’s whatever appeals to me at the moment. I also enjoy Philip K Dick and Vonnegut. On the less absurd side, I’m quite fond of Kawabata. In the genre fiction category I really like the Looking Glass Wars trilogy by Frank Beddor. In literature I am very similar to food, I enjoy it all and try everything indiscriminately.

@Jefe
While we’re talking books over here in thread-derailmentville, have you read Italo Calvino at all?

4 Likes

Damn no…never heard of him or any of his work. Gimme a starting book?

4 Likes

My first was Invisible Cities. Conversations between Marco Polo and Kublai Khan that shift in content and tone as the language barrier gets thinner. And a tryptych of modernish fairy tales called Our Ancestors was my second. The Cloven Viscount, the Baron in the Trees, and The Non-Existent Knight are the three stories, available separately or in a single volume. I have others that I haven’t gotten to yet, but I loved those.

4 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Who else can we come up with from the game, BoundaryGrounds 2?

That is a saying I use quite often. Funny to see you post this. I call my truck a POS. and I reference the “you can polish a turd all you want. at the end of the day, it’s still a turd” :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I used to play/record music. Lived with an ex engineer for awhile (from Huntington beach, close to you) and that was used alot. Trying to pay the bills with less than professional musicians…cutting tape and eq’ing and compressing everything to death cause they couldn’t play well

1 Like

in my younger days(early 20’s) that was my stomping ground. lol Main street night life. The bar crawls…lol
Now, I go for the surf…actually going to teach my new stepdaughters how to surf this weekend. :sunglasses:

beach life.
OT: I killed Craw a hole bunch of times. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been there once. About 10 years ago. Road trip. Landed in Costa Mesa and went as far north as Sausalito. Very cool place. And we are wayyyyyy off topic

1 Like

@VaultHunter101 I knew this was coming… :innocent:
I even dropped a little “OT:” remark.

1 Like

It was fun watching you guys replying to one another while I ninja-phase-shifted the posts! But why is there no ninja emoji?!

2 Likes

That is a very…very good question

1 Like

I was wondering with the ‘other’ shoe was going to drop! lmao just keeping you on your toes good sir! :acmaffirmative:

edit: and as the creator of this derailment thread, you’d think I would know better?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

We’ll just do it manual-likecartoon-ninja-drawing-chibi-manga-260nw-692332066

3 Likes

:metal::laughing::metal:

3 Likes

@Jefe
If you get what my handle is a reference to you are the first.

3 Likes

Hai Steveosan!

3 Likes

Excellent, and great film, but unintentional. Hanzo the saw (how I misheard the name, in the show it’s Manzo) is a minor character in the anime Samurai Champloo and a spoof of Hanzo Itami. He’s doggedly persistent. Also, I didn’t see the film you hit on until much later. Gotta love the unintentional cinephileness of how my ears tricked my brain. Even after seeing the film I didn’t connect those particular dots, good catch. (If this goes on much longer we’ll need someone to relocate us to the thread derailment thread again brother. :grin:)

3 Likes

Honestly, you’d think so but it’s not like that at all. I cannot use a keyboard/mouse to save my Vault Hunter Ass. I just use my xbox1 controller on my laptop. plug and play! lol it’s that simple. so I get the increased resolution with graphics, better frame rate for smooth scrolling and movement. And your characters and everything moves quicker. it’s night and day. I know that once you moved to PC, you wouldn’t look back. :wink:

2 Likes