Thread derailment posts here please!

@Jefe
If you get what my handle is a reference to you are the first.

3 Likes

Hai Steveosan!

3 Likes

Excellent, and great film, but unintentional. Hanzo the saw (how I misheard the name, in the show it’s Manzo) is a minor character in the anime Samurai Champloo and a spoof of Hanzo Itami. He’s doggedly persistent. Also, I didn’t see the film you hit on until much later. Gotta love the unintentional cinephileness of how my ears tricked my brain. Even after seeing the film I didn’t connect those particular dots, good catch. (If this goes on much longer we’ll need someone to relocate us to the thread derailment thread again brother. :grin:)

3 Likes

Honestly, you’d think so but it’s not like that at all. I cannot use a keyboard/mouse to save my Vault Hunter Ass. I just use my xbox1 controller on my laptop. plug and play! lol it’s that simple. so I get the increased resolution with graphics, better frame rate for smooth scrolling and movement. And your characters and everything moves quicker. it’s night and day. I know that once you moved to PC, you wouldn’t look back. :wink:

2 Likes

@Jefe

I just finished the New York Trilogy. I actually read the last 2 chapters aloud to my son who decided to fall asleep several pages before it ended. Thanks for the recommendation, it was definitely worth skipping the rest of the queue (which is far longer than I care to admit).

3 Likes

His whole catalogue is great. “Brooklyn Follies” is more conventional and is generally considered one of his best (possibly because it’s more accessible).

Did you watch that interview? I’ve watched it 3 times now - most recently I perched my phone against the fridge while I was making dinner :grin:

3 Likes

I watched the first half before I was interrupted the other day. The baseball game/pencil anecdote touched me right in the pen because he has a much better reason than I do for always having a pen on my person (although with the advent of smartphones I usually default to the OneNote or a similar app. Partly convenience, partly that my penmanship isn’t great and I sometimes can’t read it). As someone who dreams of that career it’s interesting to hear how he approaches it, and it’s actually very similar to the way the male lead in 1Q84 describes his day of work. It’s a diligence I wish I possessed.

3 Likes

@Jefe
Taking the convo here, so we don’t continue to derail this thread. :wink:

Twister = Jakobs/Maliwan Hybrid.

Ok, I put a bit more thought behind this. in the original, hybrid weaponry had to be from the same manufacture. So, it’s hard(quite a stretch)to rationalize the Twister as jakob/mal manufactured and being a hybrid.

I don’t think Hippies would be involved with weapon manufacturing. I mean, the whole peace and love thing. kinda goes against that. :laughing:

I sense a bit of distain towards Maliwan with you @Jefe

3 Likes

That was a quote from Jack in Opportunity. “Synergy, dynamicism, words with heft, words with class. Not like Guileless Provacateur from those hippies at Maliwan”. Something like that.

I don’t have any disdain for Maliwan. Really I don’t :wink:

3 Likes

I know you don’t. I was just teasing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hippies though…:stuck_out_tongue:

( I can say this because I used to be one - for the entirety of the 90’s to be precise. Fun as it was it’s not a lifestyle I’d care to return to. )

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::laughing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Murderess hippies

2 Likes

no one likes a quitter. :smirk:

2 Likes

Is that why you still smoke? :dukewhistle:

3 Likes

REASONS! and SCIENCE!

3 Likes

I really don’t know what place this puts Axton in. But its extremely quick.

I don’t want to derail Chucks thread. so I’ll bring this convo here. :blush:

Well, it doesn’t look like they allowed PimpGlitch Sal… but lemme pick through here a bit. Side note: Waty is impressive.

• Terramorphous
    1. Sal 2.1s
    2. Maya 8.02s
    3. Zer0 20.2s
    4. Krieg 52s
    5. Gaige 1:15
    6. Axton 1:21
  • Hyperius
    1. Sal 0.06s (lol)
    2. Krieg 0.15s (lol)
    3. Axton 1.3s
    4. Maya 1.5s
    5. Gaige 3s
    6. Zer0 5s
  • Gee
    1. Sal 3:32
    2. Maya 6:41
    3. Krieg 7:46
    4. Zer0 8:58
    5. Axton 9:03
    6. Gaige 9:07
  • Pete
    1. Sal 0.04s
    2. Zer0 28.8s
    3. Axton 1:03
    4. Maya 1:05
    5. Krieg 1:15
    6. Gaige 1:44
  • Vora
    1. Sal 2s
    2. Krieg 5s
    3. Axton 14.73s
    4. Zer0 26s
    5. Gaige 1:16
    6. Maya 3:02
  • Dexi (incomplete)
  • Dergerns
    1. Krieg 16.1s
    2. Maya 23s
    3. Sal 28s
    4. Zer0 1:12
    5. Gaige 1:21
    6. Axton 2:13
  • Sonny Boy
    1. Sal 1:57
    2. Zer0 2:04
    3. Gaige 2:05
    4. Krieg 2:07
    5. Axton 2:13
    6. Maya 2:29

So let’s average them out, I ignored Dexi because the entries were incomplete and the ones that were there weren’t stellar. 6+3+5+3+3+6+5 / 7 = 4.429 average leaderboard rank. I had mentioned that I recalled that he was usually 5th or 6th in the previous iterations of Time Trials. So, uh, Fourth-and-a-Half I guess.

4 Likes

Just so you know, TTs are soon gonna be accepting Bloodsplosion kills. So Krieg will probably take the 2nd place.
By the way, now that I have the opportunity to talk to you : thank you so much for your Color Codes for Build Builders thread, it tremendously helped me for my various builds !

3 Likes

@Sljm, you are truly impressive with the info and number crunching you do. I’d like to say I appreciate you good sir. I’ve stood on yours and chucks shoulders with the information on Sal specifically. Your a gentleman and a scholar! :acmaffirmative:

and I’m with @Enderborn1 thank you so much. :innocent:

2 Likes

I roll them on the mat we draw the dungeons out on. Haven’t had any issues on a glass or wood table

2 Likes