Thread derailment posts here please!

Look @odiscordia you could be gaming with me on PC, if you had this simple device. lol

They are making it pretty easy to be a PC gamer with something like this. Steam is free to join. Buy/Download game(s).

1 Like

Wth am I looking at lol

2 Likes

OK so I read a little about it on a product review…I’m not the most tech savvy guy, simply because I am poor, but I love gadgets. So this is all I would need? It doesn’t say it’s specifically compatible with steam…but Idk much about steam in general

1 Like

And for another semi on BL topic…I picked up an old game, dead space, for ps3. I noticed the game is almost exactly one year older than borderlands, but it’s amazing how much more dated it feels. The development did an amazing job to be sure…it’s a very ambitious production. But I gotta give love one more time to the BL crew. It holds up so well ten years later

3 Likes

So far all I’m seeing with the Nvidia shield (which appears to be an outstanding streamer) is that games are routed through GeForce-Now’s currently limited library - some titles are free (BL2 happens to be one of them).

From one review :

You’ll be able to play any of the 225 supported PC games on the Shield, and even buy new ones directly from Steam and Uplay. Titles download nearly instantly, NVIDIA handles patches, and games are stored on the cloud so they don’t cut into your local storage.

Intriguing. I’ll never get such a thing but still looks good.

1 Like

Neat…but…BL1?

1 Like

Apparently not. BL2 and TPS.

What I’m not sure about is how actively they will expand the supported games or whether Steam will have an app that installs so other games can be played. It can stream from a PC to a TV, but that’s a minor feature.

Moreso, I’m not sure if you can only co-op with other GeForce-Now users or if you can access the Steam servers.

I’m not sure if it’s the kind of thing any of us here would use for their dedicated gaming hub. I could be wrong, but since I’m not actively looking at changing my platform (PC/Steam), I’m not going to research it further.

1 Like

Yeah I’m probably good on all that. Neat concept tho. I’ll stick to the laptop/ps3/ps4.

1 Like

according to this statement, you can purchase and download directly from Steam. So BL1 should be available. Theoretically. lol

1 Like

I dislike reading for pleasure. I read out of necessity.

I prefer watching the movie.

edit: I understand this put me in a stereo type and I’m ok with that.

This should be the one exception

1 Like

lol you’re too kind.

I’ve read a few novels. Don’t care for them. takes too long to get to the end. too much filler. I like results and I like them quickly. I think I’m too impatient for book reading. Seriously.

I wouldn’t push you @Kurtdawg13, but I will echo @odiscordia in saying that this would be a great exception to make. The biggest problem I can see with it is that it’s not just 1 book, it’s 7. Stephen King books give you what you want in pretty short order, so it would likely not drag, but that’s a lot of pages. My wife just read them, and she found the first one to be a slow starter. She said that she thought book 2 was a better beginning. I think that you could probably start the first one half way and get the necessary information (although my favorite bit out of all seven books is in that first half). But none of that really matters because if you can’t get into it it would be torturously long. I think there’s a lot in there and a fair chance you’d enjoy it, but if it’s not something you want to undertake then the grand thing we are recommending would become a chore, and less grand as a consequence. Do and be you friendo, to do otherwise would be to betray yourself. Let me know how you feel about the movie. I really wanted to like it, if only because I thought Matthew McConaughey was a good choice for the role he was cast in. I expect to hate watch it myself one day, but I wonder if the hate it gets is because everyone is comparing it to the books.

1 Like

I like McConaughey (not sure if I spelled that correctly, i copied you. lol). He does good work. I should watch it. I should also try to give it a read, just because you articulated yourself so well. I’ll look into it. I’m so busy with Vault Hunting…
:grin:

I’m thinking as I age…I might get into settling down with a good book in the evening. But, I’m not there yet. I’m only 40. Maybe when I get to 60 or so?

I will say this much, the only joy I get from reading, is when its to my Son.

2 Likes

This makes me all kinds of warm inside. There are a lot of books I look forward to reading to my son. The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are the ones that spring to mind rhe quickest. Full disclosure, I read large chunks of the Dark Tower books to my son during my last reread. He just turned 1, so I’m pretty sure the swearing and violence went over his head, but I suspect that my nomination for father of the year was rescinded shortly afterward. :smirk:

If I may be so bold, maybe short stories would be up your alley? Much less time required, they come in collections so you rarely get just one, and short stories are just as satisfying as any novel, and sometimes more so.

1 Like

If u do please don’t skip one sentence of book 1. That book is perfect just how it stands even if u don’t read the other 6 in my opinion. I’ve read it like 12 times.

2 Likes

I agree completely, and I never skip anything myself, what I posted earlier takes into account what people who have picked it up at my suggestion have said to me after they gave up. Most of them never even got out of Tull. That blows my mind. Once I start the first one I can’t stop until I finish the last one.

2 Likes

You guys are selling me on this hard. I’m seriously thinking of picking up the first book

2 Likes

@odiscordia and @paulothead fled across the desert, and @Kurtdawg13 followed. :grin:

All kidding aside, reading is my favorite pastime, and this would be a great place to start. The way I love to use all the available gear in Borderlands I love to read all sorts of different books. If you find the stuff that trips your trigger reading is just as addictive as farming.

2 Likes

aah yeah…that’s the stuff

2 Likes