Thread derailment posts here please!

Have you guys heard of the “Star Wars” perfume? It’s called “Attack of the Cologne”.

2 Likes

What platform are you on? Xboxlive I can help. I have the game on xbone and pc.

Xbox One. You know Pete and have played with him before; he’s the friend I co-op with

1 Like

I can boot up my xbox and be online in five minutes if you can help us with Haderax

1 Like

I can’t jump on yet. It would be closer to evening for me. However, on console I’m still not to level cap. I might be able to help. Depends on your level.

Gonna borrow kurt’s thread to answer this.

Yes most people around here are amazing people and very accepting of whatever you want to identify as. Don’t let certain areas of the forums scare you away

5 Likes

Hahaha. I mean. I was part of Fl4k Hell Threads One And Two and made a super awesome friend in those Hell Threads (back when all we had was the cosplay guide) who has been my favorite Co-Op buddy. So. I kinda like to think there’s always a light in a dark space. Honestly, love it here, even with the trouble. It’s gotten me back on my toes but in a less “fire vitriol” way like I would on Twitter.

5 Likes

Awesome! I know I’ve made a ton of friends here

4 Likes

6 Likes

Another fine example of the pot calling the kettle nerd, or however the proverb goes :wink:

7 Likes

With you and all of our other friends here, I believe I’m in fine company. So thank you.

6 Likes

Hehe, yes, I can’t really be convincing if I say that’s an insult :grin:

Gifs aside, and not to get off topic elsewhere (hence here) I also really appreciated @Daddy_DM’s info on language over in Flak 4 Fl4k

I appreciate that all languages have their quirks and getting irritated by it is one of the most pointless things I could do, but when it comes to gendered objects, I find it hard not to chomp at the bit. Why are Italian swimming pools female? But chocolate is male?! I know other languages distinguish between inanimate and animate instead which makes a lot more sense to me.

I’m gonna couch all that in the disclaimer that I’m absolutely terrible at languages and I know I should just get on with it :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

If you get the time, read The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker. It’s a reasonably accessible book about language development and acquisition that was assigned to me in uni. It may not help you with languages, but it does a pretty good job of explaining concepts in linguistics that can otherwise be a little misleading or tough to grasp for some.

2 Likes

@thebigguy79
@Piemanlee
It finally happened. @thebigguy79 and I cooped last night on Borderlands 3. How long did we discuss cooping with one another? years as I remember it.

Living the dream! :grin:

I had to look up what thread we were in discussing duel wielding pie’s at someones funeral? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’ve found a game that me and you could play together. It’s 15 bucks and a performer(idk how into those you are), but I’ve been playing it all day and love it

1 Like

lets play CAH

Well that requires like 4 people who can all set aside an hour at the sametime :wink:

1 Like

when I get home, everyone seems to be eating dinner, sleeping, cooking, etc.

My free time isn’t aligning with any others, unfortunately.

1 Like

Time zones do tend to screw things up. Pesky time

1 Like