Tier List thought? Updated 05/30/16

Curious what people think current tiers are. Obviously this will change with time. This is my current thoughts. Let me know what you think.

Updated:5/30/2016
S tier
Non currently

A tier
Alani
Galilea
Miko
Oscar Mike
Thorn
Marquis
Kelvin
Kleese

B tier
Montana
Orendi
Rath
Reyna
Mellka
El Dragon
ISIC
Ghalt
Shayne and Aurox
Ambra
Boldur

C tier
Benedict
Caldarius
Deande
Phoebe
Toby
Whiskey Foxtrot

D tier
Attikus

Note: I mostly only play incursion so list may be skewed for other modes. Also note characters are in no particular order within each tier.

2 Likes

Ghalt is A tier. Everyone in your C tier besides Deande and maybe Caldarius is in B tier. Kelvin is one of the most powerful characters, he is A tier. Attikus is B tier, he and Whiskey Foxtrot are just late-game characters. Most games dont go to late-game so they seem horrible because they are built to be bad in the early-game.

1 Like

Ghalt was hard to judge because so few people have him unlocked. Caldarius and Deande are clearly worse then the other people put in c but didn’t seem bad enough to drop to D. Attikus and Kelvin I have low largely due to the fact that I don’t personally have experience playing them and everyone I see seems pretty subpar. They very well may be better than I currently think but the game is only a week old and there is still a lot to learn about the game and its characters.

I’d put Whiskey Foxtrot at least at Tier C. Once you unlock his mutations, and play with him for a bit, he becomes incredible for just about anything.

Yeah considered raising him to c. I’ve started seeing his potential recently.

The only issue is that he can’t hold his own with Oscar Mike until you unlock mutations. His kit is kinda weak until then.

I’d put Ambra in B and Phoebe in A. Just my opinion .

Ambra to B, maybe even A. Ghalt to A, maybe even S.

Ambra may possibly be B but can’t see her as an A. I play her a lot and she definitely has a lot of weaknesses currently.

Side note. If anyone wants me to make a “community tier list” I can average what people say and post it under my own. If you guys would like this Let me know.

Idk I love her. Have 25 hours with her. However, I’ll admit she’s not even in the conversation until you get her mutations and legendary gear.

She is definitely better than a lot of people think but sametier as Miko? Not sure about that.

I don’t want to turn this into an Ambra thread lol, but with her level 12 mutation she is capable of 99 heal/sec. Which is double Miko’s as far as what Miko’s card reads.

No offense bro but this list is kinda dumb i have mastered every character to rank 4 and they all have equal strengths and do things well in their own way. It is true a few of them need buffs like benedict, atikus, whiskey foxtrot those are the only characters that need buffs in my opinion. When i saw you put bolder in C tier i was really like what hell, cause boldur players know that he is a damn good character. And anyone that has played Kelvin correctly would know that he is a force to be reckoned with and a good Toby player also knows that his railgun does insane amounts of dmg and his kit is very versatile. This tier list seems more like a “which characters are easier to play and get kills with” list.

1 Like

Kelvin is good but without a team to back him up he’s a non factor. He cannot put out enough DPS to be a threat on his own usually, need a follow through on the Q into stuns to make him work otherwise he’s up a creek without a paddle.

I don’t know why people say Ambra is crap either, I’ve seen her tank -a lot- of stuff(somehow). She still deals pretty good damage too.

Attikus is more annoying than Kelvin I think, that leap just comes outta nowhere heh.

I’d say Attikus is tier B though I’m a little biased as he’s one of my mains and about to be 15. Incursion is horrible for him but he is a lot better on both other modes where he won’t be zoned in on by a full team anytime you go for wave xp. Incursion can be fine it’s just even more risk with less reward, and takes longer to catch up and wreck if you start behind vs multiple pushers.
He’s mainly a mid-late game beast in the right hands, his early game is just worse on certain modes than others, which is why I rarely play Incursion even on my other characters, it feels less balanced out than meltdown. That and unlike his difficulty rating (same as Melkka) he is by no means an easy character. So you’ll rarely see him and when you do chances are they won’t be good and/or won’t have a proper load out which makes a big difference on him. I just wish he didn’t seem to have a mental breakdown and get blocked every time he steps on a flower. But that size is also his best utility.

As I said I mostly play incursion so it makes sense my Attikus thoughts may be skewed.

As I said this is a very early list(only been a week). A lot will change as more is figured out. Heck, Since I made this list I have reevaluated a number of characters including Kelvin and Ambra. I didn’t update since I though the thread was dead but will do so now. Again this list is just my early impressions, nothing set in stone.

Note: I have not played all of the characters, though I do have them all unlocked. From an Incursion only standpoint the characters that actively give me trouble are:

Galilea
Miko
Ambra
Oscar Mike
Ghalt
Reyna

Going further basically if I go into a match and my team has one of Miko or Ambra while the other team doesn’t have either I have found the game is simply over. I think supports are incredibly relevant, basically without the main healers you will auto lose and IMO the best team comps have 2 supports (this is where I see Reyna shining over Miko + Ambra). The value of being able to poke and clear waves then run back and get healed is just incredibly strong.

Skipping Gal, I think Ghalt is an incredible tank and just so good at defense. Tanks are much more relevant with multiple supports as well. Oscar Mike just seems solid as a DPS while also providing good wave clear. Maybe other characters are better for specific roles, but hes versatile and can provide a solid medium range element as compared to the multiple snipers and melee characters and pairs quite well with a tank or two and 2 supports.

So taking my experiences on Incursion only I would rank champs like so (in tier no particular order) in importance:

S Tier: At least 1 required on a team
Miko
Ambra

A Tier: Extremely good picks with no clearly defined weakness and lower skill floor
Galilea
Ghalt
Oscar Mike
Reyna

B Tier: Solid champs, many can be comparable to A Tier, but quite a few have higher skill floors or distinct disadvantages
Kleese
Montana
Thorn
Marquis
Orendi
Rath
Melka
Whiskey
Pheobe

C Tier: Clearly defined weakness or just weaker kits
ISIC
Shayne and Aurox