Time to get rid of non solo able challenges?

Sadly as a pc user I can’t split screen and Macs (if they play) can’t either. I’m a completionist freak as well and having to do things across multiple chars ugh. The Steam based stuff is annoying since even with syncing with their cloud things get corrupted and you have to do them again.

2 Likes

I’ve seen enough folks mention issues with corrupted saves and Steam sync that I’d probably just disable that and do manual backups. It’s what I did on 360; sadly, it looks like it’s impossible on XB1.

3 Likes

That’s what I do. I’m dimly aware that Steam has some sort of cloud stuff these days, but have no idea how to use it and doubt that it would be much use. Insert USB stick, copy the folder inside SaveData to the stick, eject; so much simpler. :slight_smile:

On topic - it’s a minor nuisance that two achievements (and five more in TPS) can’t be completed solo. But it’s not a big deal, and I think I’m more susceptible to achievement OCD than most. If I were truly letting Steam games play me, I’d still be grinding away at Civ V (77/286) instead of BL2/TPS (66/69 and 49/63 respectively).

I would heartily endorse a rephrasing of the topic as “sell BL titles on GOG”, though! Given a choice, I prefer GOG to Steam specifically because it avoids the issue of achievements distorting my gameplay.

3 Likes

As for the trading challenge, you need to do 5 trades to complete level 1…

2 Likes

Still not an insurmountable problem though: find a friendly soul on the forums, connect on-line, trade one junk item back and forth 5 times, done.

My suspicion is that having at least some achievements that require co-op play is the developer’s attempt to get you to at least try co-op once. Honestly, romping through a map with at least one partner is some of the best fun to be had in any of the Borderlands games. I can understand why some folks don’t do this (I mostly play Borderlands solo and avoid public randoms), but they folks around these parts are pretty decent and make the game more enjoyable.

5 Likes

I’m always happy to help with this kind of thing; anyone can add me on steam for it. Usually have time to waste :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

x1000000 :rofl:

Ask anybody who had never done co-op (like me) who only recently started doing co-op whether or not it’s fun and they’d have to be a real stick in the mud to say no, even if just for the one time experience.   I couldn’t imagine not playing co-op now and having a friend or 2 or 3 to share the fun and the loot with, and to look after one another or just lend a helping hand when needed :+1: and as Hattie said above, feel free to ask for help :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Yeah, I did that on console for my 2 main characters too but that just kind of proves my point, doesn’t it? If you need to resort to split screen farming by yourself to ever complete a multiplayer challenge then the numbers are too high.

Not that that is not a problem with some solo challenges but I think it’s a little silly that 2 out of 3 coop challenges are something that can not be completed without deliberate farming. The good thing is that there’s no skins or heads associated with the challenges and you only need rank 1 for the achievement so it’s really only a problem for OCD people like me (I’d want 1 of each character to have all challenges maxed out, other than that I don’t care.)

2 Likes