Time Trials: The Pre-Sequel

Congrats on the EOS kill, looked slick and professional man.

2 Likes

He needs this kind of love! Recently, I noticed some itching in playing and I roamed the Forums to see which VH I should play. I ended up with Athena but even though she is incredibly powerful I just don’t “feel” her nor Jack who is just as powerful. I just always go back to Willy. I just like his overall vibe. I still wish the devs would haven’t messed up in almost every skill, com or mechanic with him.

2 Likes

Yeah, wish they didn’t, but still he’s amazing, IMO. Btw, just now I looked through the Wilhelm skill guide, and you know what? Two of his skills marked with one star of five (First to Fight and Shock Absorbers) are actually the ones that made the one cycle on EOS possible. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ya, I’ve noticed that. I have seen both skills in action in various videos and speed runs. I think the skill section actually needs a revisit as FtF and Shock Absorbers are not that bad. Shock Absorbers still works when you jump/boost as long as you pressed the run button before jumping and FtF is a rather high base dmg boost that’s up more often than the akward description makes you think.

2 Likes

And here’s my Shadow-TP run with Wilhelm. Now he has one in every category! :yum:

7 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Voldemort.exe Verboten

Please read the FORUM RULES - mention of third party software tools is not OK. Thanks for your cooperation!

Excellently executed big form and decent small form. I know how old this video is, but I guess it deserves a place on the leaderboard.

6 Likes

The time he achieved should be around 45 seconds, if I am able to count. Very solid execution, I must say.

5 Likes

Okay y’all this marks my jumping point into the world of raiding as it’s the first kill I’ve ever attempted.

I’m not sure if it’s even good and there’s some parts I would like to brush up on but generally I think it’s good to put here since I can always look back on it in the future and know where I started from. Anyways that about sums up what I wanted to say, I’m gonna get some sleep for now :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@FailyFailracer I don’t believe I can accept that run, as I didn’t see where they showed their BAR.

@MassiveGat welcome the world of time trials. It is very addicting, time consuming, but also fun!

5 Likes

nice one @MassiveGat. Got a PS4 player now in this TT.

3 Likes

I’m attempting it again right now lol. I have a game plan all mapped out, and from what I’ve noticed you’re also a PS4 player

3 Likes

Haven’t tried Speed kills in TPS, since I have difficulty getting ideal gears. But will do soon.

Have you tried if the PS4 can handle those crazy fire rate buffs?

4 Likes

Fire rate buffs? I know that my PS4 can handle my gun firing 30,000,000 bullets in a split second since my BAR on TPS is SUPER high after it glitched out and it’s kinda fun to play around with for novelty. As far as I know there was a fire rate cap on console and still is but it’s not like it was on previous gen. From looking around on the forums I think the cap on PS4 is 60 which my extra 208% fire rate might hit in combination with skills, so yeah I’d say it can handle it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

good to know that the console can handle those fire rate like the ones with athena with maelstrom stacks. Haven’t tried it yet since am still on the look out for good glitch hyperion guns.

4 Likes

@khimerakiller I have a question for you about your Jack run. From the looks of it, it seems that for the large Sentinel form you throw your Singularities at his face perhaps to keep him in place? Because without them he flinches back which really ruins the run for me. I’ve tried that strat but can’t quite get it down 100% of the time. The closest I got to your run time was 2:28. Any tips to help me out? Much appreciated and congrats on holding the top spot for 2 years! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not @khimerakiller , of course, but am willing to explain.

• The singularities were not used for keeping the Empyrean form in place, they are just for freezing him (big form can be frozen) and for the Company Man skill (the latter doesn’t help much, tbh).
  • The animation of the Empyrean form flinching back and covering his face doesn’t happen if you throw LD when his shield/health bar is almost full but not yet activated, so just at the moment his shield/health bar is activated you instantly deplete his shield. It is shown in Wilhelm and Claptrap runs as well.
  • And a little tip for the small form: if you use the LD for it, try to aim the throw at his head, because Tediore throws deal more damage if you aim them closer to the supposed critical hit location, and as you use it instead of IVF you don’t need to throw it at Sentinel’s feet to make the whole split to hit him.
4 Likes

Faily explained it well, but I used Vladof Cyro grenades to freeze instead of a singularity.

4 Likes

True, I didn’t notice, right.

2 Likes

Hmm thanks to both of you guys for helping me out. I think I’m gonna come back when I get that run. In the meantime I’ll be slaving away at it lol. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it

2 Likes