Time Trials: The Pre-Sequel

Kill 3:15 Nisha vs sentinel

1 Like

@bigworm150’s Wilhelm kill 2:58

4 Likes

Thanks for posting my video, I think this thread is dead. So I have another video

7 Likes

Never realized the fable tortoise took away that much health :open_mouth:. Thats pretty crazy.

Nice run by the way. If you don’t mind my asking, why didn’t you spec afterburner? Wouldn’t the reload speed have been really good for your LD?

You say glitches like flanker swapping are not allowed, yet the Nisha times for eclipse &eos say they used Mongol muck swapping. It’s the same principle, just saying.

1 Like

I can see what you’re saying, but its different in a way. Flakker swapping is a glitch in the way that the gun works and is extremely easy to do, allowing anyone to make a 35k damage gun do over 700k with very little skill.

Crit swapping is a bit different in that its a in game mechanic for all guns that critical damage is calculated when the projectile actually hits the enemy and isn’t exclusive to one gun.

But really in short its the same rule from the BL2 Time Trials in that crit transfer is allowed, but damage transfer like Pimphabbing or Flakkhabbing isn’t. Go look at most of Salvador’s kills where he Money Shots a gun and then insta-zerks while holding a Grog and Lady Fist, or Maya’s and Axton’s Terra kill where they switch to a Lady Fist.

So I’m basically just using the same rules as my predecessors. And I personally think it takes skill and can be used to improve any gun, unlike where in this game the damage transfer is exclusive to 1 gun and causes the kills to all be the same b/c there is no better tactic.

4 Likes

I do remember the original TT thread, I was there. My 3rd place time is STILL on that board for Sal Vs. Vorac
Just saying the reason that some methods were allowed and others not, is so that the runs wouldn’t be that close to one another and emphasise skill over exploits. The only reason that crit swapping was allowed is because, with Salvador, it was quite literally built into his coding. Since he could hold two DIFFERENT guns at the same time, it made it inevitable. With Nisha, she cannot hold two different guns at the same time. That was a purposeful move on the part of GBX to fix the exploit that they themselves had no fix for in the previous game.

2 Likes

Holding a Grog in your off hand is one thing. Shooting a Money Shot’d Sandhawk or Bekah and insta-zerking into a Grog and Lady Fist for 2400% extra crit is another. That isn’t character design, that’s crit swapping abuse just like Nisha’s 1 kill where crit swapping is better than normal play. And Maya and Axton use a Beehawk on OP8 Terra and swap to a Lady Fist while the bullets are mid flight. All are allowed crit swap abuse.

A Sal holding two 60% crit Interfacers is how that character is suppose to work. Not the #1 Sal spots for OP8 Terra and Hyperius.

2 Likes

As I recall during this discussion on the former TT board, the only reason everyone was allowed to crit swap, is because Sal could do it naturally.

1 Like

Oh, well I was only around the Time Trials thread after it was ported to the new forums so sorry didn’t know. I mean if you would have brought this up like 2 weeks ago I could have asked everyone’s stance on this. But everyone was fine with the rules as they were/are, and its only one Nisha kill that crit swapping even works on and myself and another person has already done a time for it. But I assure you it takes copious amounts of skill to pull off that kill, even if it doesn’t look that way.

And if that were the case I’d say the insta-zerking 2400% crit thing should have been band then. Not that crit swapping really helped anyone else get close to Sal’s times anyway.

2 Likes

My Jack kill 1:41

2 Likes

I enjoy watching this stuff and comparing notes. It would be awesome to see more Holodome runs, mutator, etc from all classes. Even if they’re not top 3 stuff, it’s fun to see how people approach this content.

4 Likes

My new Jack kill 45 seconds

6 Likes

That is impressive, to say the least.

2 Likes

Wow very nice kill.

2 Likes

@byzoo_style’s Nisha kill 1:16

2 Likes

My Aurelia kill 1:24

6 Likes

I really don’t get how the COM change at the end added that much damage. I know clear skies is multiplicative, but did the Big Game Hunter add that much damage over the Definition?

Big Game Hunter - 433.2% extra crit
or
Definition - 43% extra crit

You pick. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s why.

1 Like