Time Trials: The Pre-Sequel

(bewbs_) #104

(bewbs_) #105

(Bew_) #106

(Impala) #107

I have no idea what you did, but well done.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #108

I did a light explanation if you were the one that just commented on the video, if you need a better explination feel free to ask. And thanks.

(Bew_) #109

So does this allow the use of the double shot trick?

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #111

No, the Double Shot trick is not allowed.

(Agus) #112

Excuse me pal but… what is the double shot trick?

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #113

Double Shot trick

(Jacob Wickersham) #114

Here we are:

Hope the quality isn’t too **** for you khimerakiller.

This can easily be beaten, I made a lot of mistakes, just saw it was open in the leaderboards.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #115

Nice. Thanks for taking interest and breathing life back into this thread. And someone did attempt this run before, but they used luneshine on guns that couldn’t spawn with it. Here’s the link if you want to look at it to compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2GCZiVeEoc

I’ll upload your run as 4:45.

(Jacob Wickersham) #116

No problem. I might do a holodome run with claptop tomorrow as well, though I don’t make any promises. And I saw the way better run with the laser disker already, shame that one broke the rules. Might have to try that out to optimize…

Also, he seemed to have gotten way luckier with the enemy types than I did, but ah well.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #117

Yeah, part of it is RNG with the spawns. I can’t tell you how many hours my Jack vs Shadow Trap took.

• Only 2 out of the ~6 round one spawns gave me a fast enough time.
  • If my Quad lost it’s loop glitch the run was dead.
  • Shadow Trap only spawned like ~25% of the time.
  • I’d didn’t perfect my strat until after dozens of runs. (But that’s what normally happens)
  • Etc…

That run is more on the extreme side when it comes to RNG, and I’m a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff, but that’s part of what it takes to be the “best”.

(Jacob Wickersham) #118

Loved your jack video on the arena. That’s the build and gear I use now on him thanks to you . :heart_eyes:

Anyways, I knew there was some rng, but not THAT much, geez. I actually got Shadow Trap twice when I was trying to do that. I tried to take him on.

Failed miserably. But I still want to give it a whirl as well, as I have seen nothing for claptrap taking him down legitimitely. But ravager OLT doing nothing to his 70 million shield (correct me if I’m wrong) does not fill me with confidence…

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #119

#@DemoniteBL’s Wilhelm kill 2:35

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #120

That’s some good chucking right there. :wink:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #121

Maybe it is kinda late, but here I am. And I did carefully read the rules before submitting this run. Hope it gets approved.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #122

It’s never too late for threads like these. Hell the BL2 one is probably one of the most active game threads on this site. Your run looks good and it should be on the Google doc now.

And just because it is a little dead around here, are you planning to attempt any of the other runs? I’m just curious, it’s fine if you don’t.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #123

I’m going to do some other runs as well, actually. Thanks for replying. Gonna give some of them a try in a few weeks.