Time Trials: The Pre-Sequel

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #144

Nice! Yeah that was from an era where I and I assume most people still didn’t know the true power of things like the Laser Disker and such.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #145

Btw, the LD deals just the same amount of damage on flesh as the IVF split-in-three throw. I simply used LD because I like it much more. Has to be my fav TPS gun ever. :smiley:

And thanks for the advice to try to beat some of your runs.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #146

A little question about the rules. I know that the drop reloads are banned here, but 1) are the drop reloads considered to be the ones that are performed using the drop key while not entering the inventory? 2) Are the inventory reloads allowed? (The latter was asked because I have a feeling that the run I strive to perform cannot be done without this “trick”).

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #147

You can drop or swap to reload in your inventory. That rule was originally only a thing b/c console players don’t have access to a hot key.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #148

Thanks a lot!

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #149

Okay, I have a great idea, so I do hope that the TT thread’s regulars will see a Willy Sentinel kill with a slightly different approach than usual quite soon.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #150

Yeah, not what I was originally going to make. But I guess this run will be both cringy and fun to watch.

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #151

sub 10 next.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #152

Firstly, sub 16 with Wilhelm. Coming in half an hour (the vid is already being uploaded). Then we’ll see. :wink:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #153

Well, Wilhelm OP, nerf Wilhelm and buff Tombstone and Absolute Advantage. :smiley:

And all the way through the run I was thinking that I was going too slow. :smile:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #154

Well, @nat_zero_six was talking about a sub 10 minutes Holodome run with Nisha and I couldn’t resist. :smiley:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #155

By the way, the Excalibastard works on Nisha so much better for mobbing than Fridgia. I’m really surprised to find it out only now. :sweat_smile:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #156

And Laser Disker is the Pimpernel and the Norfleet merged together in the Pre-Sequel, IMO

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #157

Btw, here is SuddenDeathMode’s Nisha Holodome run in 12:35. :slight_smile:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #158

And I would like to ask another question about the rules… Is the Hammer Buster II special effect’s ( Its projectiles are able to penetrate enemies) interaction with Nisha’s Unforgiven skill creating a pseudo-B0re effect on the Empyrean form of Sentinel considered a glitch/exploit?

Here is the example of what I’m talking about. No one seems to have done it in UVHM. This is one of the only two videos I could find:

("She keeps on passin' me by...") #159

Might have to try my hand at these when I get home today :slight_smile:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #160

It would be A W E S O M E to see new people on the leaderboards and on the thread. :smiley:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #161

Uhh, well…

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #162

No it’s fine. But it has also been fixed/nerfed since those times. I have a PM on it if you’re interested. The only thing that somewhat circumnavigates this is bullet based splash damage, which is why the Luck Cannon is so popular for this fight.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #163

It would be interesting to read, tbh.