Time Trials: The Pre-Sequel

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #164

And Melee Athena appears on the Time Trials once again!

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #165

I think this has to be here as a base run, at least for the lulz. The time is 7:30.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #166

At the request of @FailyFailracer, I have added round 5 of the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit to the time trials. Enjoy!

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #167

Attempted some speed kills with jack. I can’t do it without perfect gear

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #168

Which did you try? I’m not going to try and say you can compete with these times without perfect gear, but some are manageable… and I’m just curious.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #169

Jack vs the sentinel. Your 2 minutes 10 seconds is crazy fast

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #170

And what time did you achieve? :slight_smile:

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #171

About 10 minutes. After some research into what strategies people use I’ll probably try again

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #172

Gladly taking the second place. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #173

I like my title, but hopefully you didn’t go easy on me. :crazy_face:

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #174

I say what I think, that’s that. :smiley:

("She keeps on passin' me by...") #175

Good god… that kill was insane! Good work

(Jacob Wickersham) #176

I am so psyched. Just got a REALLY good lvl 9 mutator run with clappy. Around 3:30. It’s uploading to One Drive now, will post on here shortly. Actually proud of this one compared to my first lackluster run.

(Jacob Wickersham) #177

Here’s the run. I think it’s about a 3:30 as I said earlier, but I’ll let you be the judge.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #178

Nice massive improvement! I had you as starting at 0:46, and ending at 4:22. So a 3:36 run based on the guidelines I believe. What’d you change to shave off over a minute?

(Jacob Wickersham) #179

Thanks! Things I improved? Hmmm…firstly, not potato quality video.

But in all seriousness, no1. is a build that I believe worked MUCH better. Thanks for providing me it on my thread! I did go 5/5 on organized guns are happy and 1 in kick him while he’s up instead of Coincidental Combustion for slightly more laser disker damage and since I’m using nothing but explosive weaponry. Also, having only the defensive subroutines really helped my survivability, especially the shield one, since 0 recharge delay Shield of Ages is a godsend (thanks for pointing that out to me as well).

No. 2 is choosing the fast reload and weapon handling mutator over the turtle one. That one makes things MUCH easier, but not faster. I wanted to go all out in speed, so choosing that to compensate for the slow and constant reloads of the flakker and ravager made a huge difference.

No.3 is using the flakker over the badaboom. I like that launcher a lot, but just couldn’t really use it properly for this as it didn’t really do anything better than the Laser Disker at all, and was much more unweildy. The flakker, however, covered my biggest weakness, that being flying enemies, quite well. It also worked great for grouped frozen enemies.

The biggest difference was definitely the spawns I got though. You were right a long time ago when you told me about those, they make or break a good run. I got pretty much perfect wave 1 and 3 spawns, as those chimeras are SO easy and quick to kill. Wave 2 was also pretty great, as that was one of those Trojan waves that didn’t waste too much time.

Thanks for the advice on my thread, and thanks for encouraging me to do this. I’m actually proud of this time compared to the other one.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #180

Yeah it’s a great alternative build, I just don’t use it because I prefer a Torgue grip on my Flakker. And you’re welcome for all the tips. This wealth of knowledge isn’t worth much if I don’t share it in some way, shape, or form.

(Jacob Wickersham) #181

That’s fair. I’d love to use the Torgue grip if only not for the slight laser disker increase I get out of the skill. To each his own. I’m thinking of doing a Dahl Round 5 run to get that started as well. You gonna attempt it with someone too?

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #182

I don’t own it, and I am way too rusty to come back. It’s been over 2 years since my last speed kill, and the drive just isn’t there for me currently. But maybe once I get bored with Warframe, I’ll come back and claim whatever titles you and Faily take from me. lol

(Jacob Wickersham) #183

Fair enough, no point if you’re not having fun with it. Thanks for keeping the thread open for weirdos like me still trying to improve speed though.