Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Release Date

I’m sure BL3 will be finished in another year…

5 Likes

This trailer is great fun to watch but tells me nothing about the game that I need to know before I buy. I was hugely disappointed in BL3’s move from a classic PvE FPS structure to a games-as-a-service grindfest. There was no indication of that change in the run up to release. This time I will be more circumspect.

Here are some of the things I need to know before getting my credit card out. Have GBX put the player back at the centre of the game and not just a minion in Jack’s (TPS) or Lilith’s (BL3) story? Will we get at least a decent sized campaign (like BL1 or TPS, say) or just some throw-away to get to endgame asap? Have they chucked out the awful cinematics and scripted sequences that so jarringly took control away from the player in TPS & BL3? Will the game allow multiple playthroughs at genuinely increasing dfficulties (not BL3’s pathetic TVHM)? However levelling and/or skills are organized in Wonderlands, will it allow continuous progression through multiple playthroughs and, preferably, into any campaign DLCs (like all BL games except BL3)?

If the game has a well thought out and extensive endgame, and a quick way to get there for those who enjoy it, I will be delighted for them. However, I will want some semblance of the original Borderlands games to return before I buy.

Even if my hopes are dashed, and I suspect they will be, I will be buying this game eventually. Some friends and I play co-op most evenings. We were huge BL fans. After we finished the campaign in BL3, we agreed there was nowhere to go and moved on. If Wonderlands gives us no more content than BL3, then it’s competing with some excellent indies that we’ve been playing lately at a fraction of the price. So, Wonderlands will become a sale buy at some point in the future.

4 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better. I love the Borderlands series, but 3 scarred me. There were too many issues and changes from day 1, that ruined my experience. I understand that no game is perfect. But with the changes to mayhem, game crashes, no laid out plan for level cap increases(why not keep the same plan from B2?), matchmaking on PS4 is terrible, very little end game content, and no stand alone raid bosses I’ll wait a year or two after release to see what state the game is in. I do appreciate all of the work they’ve done to make the game better over its lifetime, especially during the pandemic. But I can’t bring myself to buy Wonderlands on day 1.

5 Likes

Honestly, if BL3 was still the game it was on launch (pre mayhem 2.0), I’d be interested in this. Had all the BL3 DLCs been decent, I’d be keen. Had the game been fixed and balanced like it should have been, I’d be desperate to play the next game.
Instead, BL3 is disappointing and badly broken, with no sign that gearbox wants to fix it. So, I’m just feeling meh about this.
No pre-order, and I’ll wait for the sales to see how badly broken they make wonderland, before I consider buying anything.

There’s a cruel irony, that many people are saying they will wait or skip wonderland entirely, because of BL3 and low expectations, when stuff like the wording of the season pass suggests gearbox might half-arse this game because it won’t do as well.

10 Likes

we will see how the game works on launch
we can tell if it’s gonna suck like bl3 does now or if it’s playable like bl3 on launch
and if it’s fine we can SPAM GBX to not ruin it this time xD

4 Likes

Good luck on a new game… when you can’t even finish BL3?

One day Quest items might be useful, EpicNNG redux mod has put more effort into buffing items then the actual devs making the game lately.

3 Likes

Yeah, just not feeling it this time around either after all this time with BL3. Sadly there would of been a time that I would of been excited to get this and look forward to it but after the headache that BL3 has been and issues that have yet to be resolved even though they are being looked in to still after the games initial release, count me out. Others can pay full price to test this game, learned my lesson when it comes to products from @GBX.

Also this made me laugh out loud, not on VaultHunter101’s part but at the @GBX statement. @GBX and myself have a very different definition of the word seamless.

5 Likes

Completely missed that they are trying couch co-op again. I really thought they would just omit it from this game. very surprised they are using it as a selling point after BL3…

4 Likes

Same question here - from the official site:

• PARTY UP TO DEFEAT EVIL
  • PERSONALIZE YOUR HERO
  • BAND TOGETHER IN CHAOTIC CO-OP

Makes it sound that “party” and "Co-op’ are not the same thing. My best guess is that you’ll be able to recruit a ‘party’ of companions, which seems to be a staple in these RPGs. So, computer-controlled allies (just like you have in Ava’s quest line), and then traditional co-op, online or couch-based.

Oh, and I’ll play it on Day 1.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is just their fancy way of saying help Tina defeat an ancient evil.

Although a companion system would be really cool because it is a stable in RPG’s and having a selection of quirky Borderlands companions would be even cooler or maybe everyone can now just have a pet like FL4K?

1 Like

FROMSOFTWARE HAS ENTERED THE CHAT

4 Likes

I literally laughed out loud :joy:. Touché

1 Like

You made me curious, what are those indies you are talking about? I’m always looking for games to play with my wife.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if the mods would like me naming games here, so I’ll msg you.

Not necessarily an indie game per say but It Takes Two is great to play with someone else, especially with the wife. The gameplay and story are top notch in my opinion. Highly recommended.

4 Likes

Yeah, the FAQ mentioned two NPC companions - you see them in the video clip where one of them calls you ‘noob’ - so I guess even in solo play you’ll have at least one AI along for the ride.

1 Like

In case no-one has answered you yet… Give Gunfire Reborn a go… Until a month ago, I had more hours in that than BL3…

It’s a first person-rogue like… I got it for a tenner, first Early access game I intentionally bought. Has upto 4 player co-op. I play single player only… but the option is there.!

1 Like

I’ve just replied to spytock, off forum, and I also highly recommended Gunfire Reborn :slight_smile:

I would be inclined to agree if Dark Souls 2 didn’t exist. Dark Souls 1’s second half was also clearly rushed and unfinished.

But yeah, overall they have a solid record of good games.

1 Like

Yeah, I was actually gonna say Dark Souls 1 has entered the chat but then I remembered Izalith XD

1 Like