Tiny Tiny Font and Lack of Accessiblity

So I guess this is kind of more than one issue, but, it really feels like, as much as they talked about enhancing accessibility in BL3 over the other games, that they didn’t playtest this with vision impaired people AT ALL. Like, though I am dyslexic, I have perfect vision and even I can’t read what the heck any of the in-game text says. It’s so small I can’t discern between ol and d, rn and m etc etc. I have to stand up closer to the TV just to read menus, and the text in item descriptions is so small I just straight up cannot read it at all. I’m getting stress headaches from this stuff.

I was really excited about the adjustable subtitles option - and don’t get me wrong I’m still happy it’s there - but it clearly wasn’t tested very well, because above 150% the text consistently stretches off the screen. There’s no point having bigger font I can read better if I can’t actually see the words y’all! While we’re at it, having the ability to change both the font colour and background colour for subtitles would be unbelievably useful - dyslexics in general can read off a coloured background/coloured font much better than white and black.

Also also, for some reason there are subtitles during Marcus’s intro speech, and there are subtitles during the rest of the game, but during the first moments of actual gameplay – on the bus with Marcus and meeting Claptrap for the first time – the subtitles are missing. I know this isn’t just my game because it happened in both playthroughs I started and a friend mentioned the same problem while playing on call together.

Congrats on the closed captions though! Really great feature and really nice detail to it. I was surprised how many sound effects are included. Good going.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tiny tiny fonts are unreadable (PS4)