Tips and tricks (Mechanics you may have missed)

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #46

There’s a ‘dev tracker’ button on the menu up there that shows all orange posts. It’s mostly Joe and Randy, but others do pop up now and again.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #48

Okay, no worries. Just checking that you knew, some folk don’t.

(badguy5 on YouTube) #49

kills give points in meltdown is news to me. Thanks!

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #50

Oh, I also found that it’s possible to bounce Reyna’s priority target onto co-op players, off a shielded mx.1 bot.

(Sorry, Kaliedo. That was me)

(Insanity Engine) #51

Was it…overshielded? I didn’t know something that was meant to help your team deal with shielded enemies could bounce off shields?

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #52

Honestly, I’m not sure. I don’t think so.

(Dwarfurious) #53

It does not, for whatever reason. I’ve tried throw it at Thralls faces over and over :frowning: I guess i could try ISIC boss since every hit on the core is a critical but that might not count. This is one of the many reasons its a very poor skill, but fun to use.
@arcsteiiscool Any idea if Mitigation applies to Shield/Overshield or just health?

(Insanity Engine) #54

I believe mitigation applies to all incoming damage, regardless if it hits your shield or your health. I can’t 100% say though. I believe you’re talking about damage mitigation loot, right? (And other effects like hailstorm, etc)

(Dwarfurious) #55

Yup, i assume it does not since that would be pretty strong on overshields

(Insanity Engine) #56

If you’re referencing the fact that you cannot crit an overshield, that only applies to minions.

(Dwarfurious) #57

I saw an item that gives you damage mitigation when your HP is full so i guess that means it DOES apply to shields/overshields. Good to know

Thorn can have a shield if you build a +max shield item

just wanted to point out, quickMelee button cancels your skills if you are aiming them, so you don’t spend a skill by accident.

(Triazic) #60

I didn’t test this, but does this apply to EVERY knockback? Or just Montana and Boldur (and Attikus… thanks dwarf)? For example does it work with Deande or Caldarius’s helix option?

(Dwarfurious) #61

Works with Atticus

(Insanity Engine) #62

Deande and caldarius skills “knock away”, the effect is not the same.

(Triazic) #63

ah didn’t notice that. cheers.

(Master of Eeveelution) #64

Ah, thank you for that bit on Meltdown! I had a game where we should have won 500-0, not a single enemy minion got through but they finished 500-12 and we came to the conclusion that score must increase by three points every two minutes or so, kinda like the shards respawning. So it turns out that they just got one kill and one assist every two minutes lol!

http://imgur.com/g7EDbmB

Here’s two more:
Upgrading a buildable heals it to full health and shield.
Items with -shield are great for Eldrid as they cost less shards but don’t affect them.

(Dwarfurious) #66

They mess with Kelvins shield passive and boldurs overshield helix :frowning: -shield charge speed is best.

Also im very surprised this doesnt seem to be here. Shepherd bots give an overshield buff to nearby allies, stand next to them to receive it.