To anyone saying alani is op

Please stop just stop its been one day so you don’t know how to counter her yet and it’s actually really easy please don’t complain about her being op until she’s actually proven to do better than others easily in a few weeks. I’m already seeing alani is op threads because alani is handing you your ass please just hold back on the op complaints until she’s been in the wild for a while

16 Likes

I agree.

To anyone who is saying she’s too strong in offense considering she’s a healer:
She’s not a damn healer, okay? Alani is a territory control who has the ability to heal.

6 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I’ve seen several call outs for her to be nerfed already. IMO, I haven’t seen anything where she has completely steamrolled throughout a match.

On paper, her abilities sound like a nightmare, but that’s assuming everything falls into the perfect scenario.

I’ve seen a mix of some really great Alani players, and others who aren’t so great. As it goes with just about any character in this game, skill level of the player > power of the character. At least in my opinion.

At this point, I don’t see any reason she should be nerfed. She has some pretty devastating potential, but she’s also pretty easy to kill, being an Eldrid w/no shield and she’s really slow, movement-wise.

I’ve played as and against her and I never really thought on either side “WOW, this character is ridiculously OP”

4 Likes

Finally someone says it god damn it’s like no one attempts to understand what she does and how to counter They just get killed by her and scream oh my god she’s so op

2 Likes

How I know Alani is balanced…

HER ANIMATION TO HEAL IS SO LONG AND ONLY DOES 400~ HP PERSONAL HEAL! By the time you build up 3 stacks again you will have taken much more than 400 damage.

Her quick melee cannot be activated quickly after torrent (possible bug???) And as such is useless to her so she cant do much against melee except geyser

The end.

… lol so you base an entire character’s balance status off of…

Random things that have nothing to do with her overall performance or functionality…

okay…

1 Like

She’s surprisingly balanced to be honest, it’s purely because she’s new and her play style is unique. She dies fast without anyone backing her up or if it’s 2v1 against her. She’s awesome, I just hope they don’t nerf her into the ground. The devs probably knew people would cry OP and expected these threads to pop up. All she needs is time.

4 Likes

If she is healing she isnt building Osmosis, no osmosis no healing. The tidal wave isnt huge amounts of damage honestly, its a fair bit but nothing huge.

Kleese hoestly has better skills. Her healing is situation/cool down dependant and if you do use nothing but Wellspring you wont be putting out much damage because it fills kinda quickly lately game. Body blocking Alanis shots cause less healing and bigger tanks do that often…

Have you played her? Shes good but doing all damage means little healing. And lots of healing means less damage.in combat she out performs other healers (kleese is still better pusher with constant healing tho) but of combat she cant help you. She is like a life stealer with the ability to channel health stolen to whoever needs it.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, I’ve played her. Spent a few hours with her yesterday, and I honestly struggled with her… then my friend who mains supports (I can do them, but I’m never as good) popped in and he absolutely wrecked with her. I was trying to use her abilities too early, and not targeting them properly.

I can assure you, there was a HUGE difference in the impact she has compared to Reyna in a match. Just because the skill cap is a little higher to get there, doesn’t reduce the impact the character has. I expect it to take a while for people to warm up to her play-style, and once they do it’ll be quite clear that she shatters Reyna in a very similar role.

She does damage while healing, and while doing that she does more damage than the other healer in the same “burst healing” role.

I’m not sure what you’re arguing for here, if you honestly think Reyna and Alani are performing about the same, then I sincerely think you haven’t figured out how to use Alani yet, and if two characters in the same role have a drastically better option, then the situation is going to require some adjusting to gain balance.

I’m not sure what you’re arguing for here, if you honestly think Reyna and Alani are performing about the same, then I sincerely think you haven’t figured out how to use Alani yet, and if two characters in the same role have a drastically better option, then the situation is going to require some adjusting to gain balance.

As mentioned in the other thread, Reyna needs some help to make her more awesome.

people were complaining about it before she was out for like 24 hours that’s what I’m trying to say she can be countered but not many have strategies against a character who’s been out for only a day so we can’t say she’s op yet

Might want to read my topic then. Thanks.

I did read yours and it goes with what I’m trying to say it’s only been a day no one knows the counter to her right now

oh u people are fine with alani healling full heath in a second
but did galilea did anything wrong?

I don’t mean to be that guy, but gallilea can potentially have a pull along with a 2 second stun. That’s pretty huge. Alani can heal for full health, usually you have to have her passive stacks to actually do so. The only thing I can see that I’d consider nerfable is maybe her health. Maybe, she ends game with around 1900 health. Fair for not having a shield.

1 Like

So you admit to her not being good for everyone, but someone with lots of support experience could… uhm… ok.

You know the same logic can be applied to every high skill cap character right? In that case every class that performs well in the right hands needs nerfs…

“That Ghalt lands every hook shot! I cant be he can therefore plz nerf”

“That Thorn is destroying my team with long range shots! I cant do that, so please nerf!”

“Ambras slow is too much and I can never dodge the ultimate, but everyone else can get out of the uktimate if I use her! This must be nerfed!”

Sorry for the dumb comments but this is just a really dumbed down version of what your responce kinda looks like. I dont see a problem in high potential classes… it takes the right person for it right?

Give it a week or two and I am sure she will start to dissapear like Rath kinda did recently. People will learn how to fight her and its just GG then.

3 Likes

No. You failed to comprehend the story there.

She wasn’t good for me when I was PLAYING HER WRONG. When I got some tips from a friend who was doing well with her, I instantly started performing better.
You’re missing the point that I spent HOURS with her… I STARTED OFF having trouble, then got help from someone who caught on to her faster than I did and then I did exceptionally well with her…

Hence my comment: " I expect it to take a while for people to warm up to her play-style, and once they do it’ll be quite clear that she shatters Reyna in a very similar role."

Speaking from experience…
My experience…
My experience PLAYING HER MYSELF.

She’s not a high skill cap character… really, she isn’t. She’s just not as intuitive with the way her abilities work. She’s not an Atticus or a WF. So stop imagining things you’d wish I would say.

However, I do completely agree that those were some pretty dumb comments.

I didn’t think she was too overpowered at first, but the more I use her, the more I think she needs a bit of a nerf. It’s not that she is too powerful at any one thing, it’s just that she is really strong at too many things.

You could cut her damage in half and she would still be strong support. You could take away her healing entirely (or give her a small self heal) and she would still be strong mage/pusher. You should not be able to be both or these things at the same time.

I know she’s new and everyone is still figuring things out, but I really think in an organized team where people didn’t make it such a pain in the ass to support them, alani is just much stronger than any other support. She minion clears like kleese (probably even better) she heals like miko, she rescues like reyna, and on top of that she CCs like no other support can. You people are in denial if you cant see this.

I’m really hoping they are using us season pass holders as beta testers for her and they adjust her at normal release. I really think that data will show that she needs adjustments. Her k/d and win % are going to be far above average I think. Most alanis I see do pretty well. Even the terrible ones that don’t even bother trying to support at all usually end up with a high k/d and minion kill count.

5 Likes

Reyna is in a bad place, IMO. I’d love to see her get buffed a little. I don’t think it is relevant to the discussion of whether Alani is too strong, because Reyna isn’t strong enough, IMO.

…Well stated.