To anyone still playing the game:

As ridiculous as this comment is, it genuinely made me LOL

4 Likes

It’s like they stabbed BL2 in the back. All the characters. Even the game play. The BL2 and the rest of the characters in BL3 are ugly and walk like they have sticks up their rear end. Moxxi is cute because of her “bounce” and Tina is ok. But the rest they ruined. They made a mockery of them.

Honestly it’s like they said; “What’s good about BL2? Let’s get rid of that!”

4 Likes

It’s still Borderlands despite it faults and it’s fun. I don’t play 3 a lot anymore. Mostly farming sessions to improve my gear but occasionally I get the urge to do content that I enjoy or work on a new build. The weapon action and diversity can’t be beat.

@NitroExpreSs , I suspect we haven’t seen anything yet. Wait till we see what Wokewood does to the movie. :anguished:

5 Likes

I think you forgot /sarcasm. Personally I sincerely do enjoy the “woke” themes as you call them. And I do enjoy the song girl on fire at the end.

I don’t enjoy that some more modern looter mechanics are missing though. Games like Diablo 3 and Division 2 did most of these: Loot modification (changing one attribute to another), leveling up an item, target loot AREAS (not tied to one boss), anointment library (see Outriders and Division 2), etc…

To the original poster: sometimes I don’t feel like playing endgame BL3, but rather, starting a new playthrough and seeing how the loot drops change it, and how focusing on different parts of the skill tree feels different.

Second+ playthroughs should have an option for speedruns or something. You would turn it on and it would let you just go straight to mission objectives without any “talk to X” objectives. It would all be “go to a map where stuff needs to die, kill them, and obtain something”

7 Likes

Please keep this on topic as per the OP. I would also suggest folks attempting to make political commentary out of design decisions made by the game devs read the FORUM RULES before throwing shade.

3 Likes

Nope, still not playing and I think I have covered more than enough on these forums as to why, which coincidently is the reason others are not playing as well.

6 Likes

Haha just played a bit last 2 weeks to try the true trials :rofl:

If i wasn’t bored with the game, those would have done the trick :joy::grin:

3 Likes

That good huh? haha

2 Likes

It’s hilarious that many of the people who’ve posted in this and similar threads who don’t play anymore, myself included (!), but still lurk the BL3 board in hopes of finding like-minded individuals :joy:

13 Likes

You know how people where complaining about bulletsponges?

Well, GBX took those complaints and shifted in overdrive :rofl:

6 Likes

how come nobody is going to the zane section of the forum and giving me build advice >:(

Not surprised at all - it’s called looking for validation or something like that. Makes you feel better about decisions you’ve made :wink: .

6 Likes

Nope, can’t say in the history of being on this forum and the many threads I have posted to has there ever been a time where I felt better about my decision to preorder BL3.

5 Likes

It’s almost like making a game with exciting gameplay matters more than injecting sociopolitical/slactivist themes.

1 Like

I haven’t played in so long, gearbox is sending me emails asking if I’m still alive.

2 Likes

Because I have friends who still play and I haven’t seen everything yet.

5 Likes

Eh, to me the forums are just another avenue to keep up to date with what’s happening. I almost envy people who can just walk away from the series as if they never cared for it to begin with. But I’ve been with the series since the very beginning in 2009 so, not exactly easy for someone like me to just be like “■■■■ Borderlands, never buying another game again.”

13 Likes

@XYMistman I wish I didn’t relate to your comment as much as I do. Borderlands for me is like a hobby, habit, addiction, and object of fascination all wrapped into one.

8 Likes

I’ve also played the games since the beginning. I’ve been active here for 4.5 years. I probably haven’t missed more than a handful of days.

From ‘17 to ‘19 I was one of the most tireless (and tiresome probably) contributors on the BL2 board with a smattering of the others, and many many thousands of hours of franchise gameplay.

So yes, I have an allegiance to the franchise that one misfire isn’t going to derail. I played 3, I gave it a very thorough shake, and for a variety of reasons it ceased to compel me to continue. I’m disappointed but not enough to throw the baby out with the bath water.

10 Likes